Started reading this the other day, Veeky Forums. Please tell me the rest of it is as good as the prologue

Started reading this the other day, Veeky Forums. Please tell me the rest of it is as good as the prologue.

better

delillo is top tier

parts are excellent
main protagonist's story left me underwhelmed though
and the 70's artist scene did nothing for me
but the grafitti artist, the Lenny Bruce chapters and the nuns working in the projects of the South Bronx during the AIDS crisis were all excellent

Yet another meme doorstopper circlejerked by Veeky Forums poseurs who desperately want to feel smarter than the pretty girls who read John Green and reject them. Sad!

Your (you), sir. Enjoy!

Was I too spot on? Did I hurt your feelings?

(You)

If you like this book you should absolutely check out The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner.

Resheath that katana little buddy.
Believe it or not, before you migrated here from tumblr or Reddit or wherever we used to read books and have productive conversations about them without posturing or dick-measuring because
>anonymous board
What a concept.

>"abloobloobloobloobloo"

t. butthurt moron

didn't read.

>female writer
lmao

bookfags owned epically

>we used to read books and have productive conversations about them without posturing or dick-measuring

Do people actually believe this?

Do you always shitpost in the Trump Twitter format?

It's true. There used to be some trip fag we called butterfly and the same threads would be up for weeks

it's a cool book. I didn't love it but thought it was pretty cool. not better than white noise imo but I've got a buddy whose Veeky Forums tastes I respect and he loves underworld.

I just got done with the first part of White Noise and I hated most of it. Does it get any better or should I just cut my losses?

Nowhere near as good as White Noise. I'll never understand why Underworld got all of the attention and accolades and Mason & Dixon, published around the same time, went comparatively unremarked on.

meh, her marketing campaign annoyed the fuck out of me (why can't I be the Great American Novel? It's beause Im a gril isn't it.?)
She won't get a single shekel from me or a moment of attention.

that's a man, baby!

cuz 9/11

That wasn't her, that was just reactionary feminist magazines like Salon taking advantage of her being critically acclaimed and recognized by DeLillo and Franzen. She was in the wrong place at the right time. She went on some tours with DeLillo this year to speak about his new book and she really is worth reading.

Probably because Mason & Dixon is just as difficult as Gravity's Rainbow while being about the late 1700's.