What the fuck do I choose, I'm 21 and got kind of lost...

What the fuck do I choose, I'm 21 and got kind of lost, now debating over joining the army or going to college for CS degree (either Software Engineer or Web Developer, doesn't really matter).

So why would I choose army over going to college? Because, I could save up being in army and gaining experience, while learning programming on the side like I do now, where I'm currently wage cucking 50 hours per week in brain dead job and will never be promoted or be able to achieve anything. Then I come home and learn until I go to sleep (also I'm currently working in 3 shifts, which is ridiclious).

The fuck should I do

CS is a meme degree. Dont do it.

depends what kind of person you are i guess, if you're a soft soyboy type just go for the CS degree although you'll probably struggle to find a top paying job and you won't really ever find your place in the world, you'll be stuck saucing over all the soyboy popculture shit that the average office cubicle worker obssesses over, it becomes a miserable existence

if you're a bit more rugged and/or want to develop character and sense of identity go the army route

Don't go fight for ZOG. You will regret it and your life will be delayed greatly. Software is where it is at.

I'm not from US, I'm from Europe. Plus, I don't mind combat experience, I think there's certain amount of life experiences that you get by going on a mission and fight. Where I'm from, army personel gets send to safe bases where nothing even happens and our army has never had any casualties on missions. So, it's pretty safe and comfy desu.

you realize that if you join the army there is a chance of you just straight up dying right

read

It’s ireland isn’t it. Worse surrender monkeys than the French.

>that you get by going on a mission and fight
>where nothing ever happens

Listen to yourself nigger.
Pick some degree where you can do a year or a term abroad. Learn to program in your own time. You don't need a cs degree to get a job as a software engineer.

If you actually care about shit like math then by all means do cs.

I meant read I have few army friends that went on missions and they were pretty much being 24/7 in the base, every one is joking it is more of a vacation than anything else, since our army deploys to safe US bases, outside middle east.

No, it's not Ireland. Plus, it's not up to me where our army sends the troops you know?

> you don't need a cs degree to get a job as dev
maybe as web dev. cs is more than coding a shitty angular or react project.

Joining the army is for losers, I respect McDonald's fry cooks and cashiers more than I do soldiers and their hard-on to kill freedom fighters abroad at the behest of ZOG.

What are your life goals? Mine is to sail the Atlantic and live the life of a sailor. I’m getting a profession to help with that. Becoming a dentist. What do you want to do in life and what can you learn that will help you with that?

Be financially stable, have house and happy family that I will be able to take care of, while having a stable good paying carrer.

I know army won't be able to do that, but it should serve as support for now.

Why don't you join the army in an IT-related field, or something technical? The army and the other constituents have a ton of job opportunities. I was an infantry soldier for awhile, people think it's glamorous and fun being able to use all the cool weapons and shit. Shit is not so fun when you actually do it.

Don't sleep for 3 days in a row, try to stay awake, put up with getting yelled at, be in miserable bodily conditions (cold, hungry, wet etc.) and then start digging a fucking trench or hucking 100 extra pounds with you and your equipment for many kms.

Sound like fun? Maybe, maybe not, don't fall for that romantic bullshit though. If I were you I'd get a cozy career in the forces, infantry is not a good career choice IMO.

Projecting so hard even your ID is tearing.

Second this. Was in 2 different European armies, incl. French legion

Almost done with mine, can confirm last 4 years were a meme

buy link

We need more /ourguys/ in CS but you'll have to compete with hordes of pajeets for jobs

Go learn how to build and maintain robots.
That's the future.

Right now I feel like I'm working 18 hours per day, so I'm pretty sure I'm not a snowflake that doesn't understand what work means and putting in the hours.