youtube.com/watch?v=xYQrPsyu-1s
polygraph.cool/history/
youtube.com/watch?v=Kkg0AiYKl3I
youtube.com/watch?v=Pbp8PtBcM7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's dad rock?

if you have to ask you probably listen to it, fag

JUST

Led Zepplin, The Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, The Animals, Thin Lizzy

oh so good music

>oh so good music

I don't get it

go to bed, dad

Rock music that boomers listen to and therefore is unhip.

lmao classic rock kicks ass. music these days is shit. go listen to some death grips(thought this was a prank) or what ever kids listen to these days. meme rap or what have you.

lol do you have to squint to see the captcha

son I haven't listened to new music since 2004

you just like dont get it ugh

#groanzoan

don't worry you guys are just going through a phase. you should be over it around the age of 25, at the latest.

music from all eras has merit

as if

>25
>appreciating vaporwave now more than ever

Y'know Fantano loves Patti Smith, Dylan and Cash, right?

wtf is microwave

youtube.com/watch?v=bGkQdoG-7zw

youtu.be/Qe83kKGUaNk

stfu dad, you don't understand me YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND ME

ummmmm literally this

just sounds like 80s synth pop to me. except worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=8t0fVy0Td64

this is a joke right? you putting me on

>hating on dadrock
you boys are the hippest of the hip

youtube.com/watch?v=_nHiH4VihOc

I think you're mentally retarded for listening to this bullshit, breh.

youtube.com/watch?v=0UID6NILkCI

Ok nevermind this is actually bretty good boyo. Good job.

>tfw the best dadrock lyricist isn't even a rock artist

that's chillwave, not vaporwave. get your memecore straight, breh.

here's some of my favorite vaporwave releases:

youtube.com/watch?v=yLIJ6xlNSEU
blankbanshee.bandcamp.com/album/blank-banshee-0
cstng.bandcamp.com/album/late-to-be-real
fortune500.bandcamp.com/album/midnight-ride
yayamusic.bandcamp.com/album/wynna
youtube.com/watch?v=BYpdxv8IniA

leave us alone blank banshee

youtube.com/watch?v=xYQrPsyu-1s

See the reason people are mocking you is that you assume the only music that exists now is the stuff on the top 40 charts. This is untrue. There's more music being produced now than ever, and chances are you would like some of it even more than classic rock, but you instead bury your head in the sand and assume it's all shit just to act superior to the young uns. You probably assume all new music sounds like Skrillex or some shit.

man i miss when vaporwave was a visual art called pop art and was actually relevant and good

Not that user and I agree with your overall point but the charts have legitimately gone to shit compared to what they once were. Strawberry Fields Forever and Like A Rolling Stone both almost made it to number one, I can't imagine anything like either of those songs in terms of inventiveness and emotion reaching the near top of the charts again, at least not for the foreseeable future. If someone was just looking at the surface level of classic rock and the surface level of modern music, it'd be easy to see why they'd pick the former over the latter.

ayo hol up imma let u finish but beyonce had one of the greatest videos of all time

polygraph.cool/history/

the charts have always been shit my friend

but in any case dad rock isn't the only pre-2010 music

What text in particular are you referring to? The only instance of this I can recall of is in Hallberg's "City on Fire"

>2016
>Not listening to GOAT rapper

youtube.com/watch?v=Kkg0AiYKl3I

every time i see a twiggy post I imagine a fat neckbeard weeb in a dress, singing along to this and doing the dance:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z22nzBVLCto

i'm not saying it's a good or bad thing; it's just what happens whenever i see these posts.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pbp8PtBcM7A

I think it's a meme reference to a phase children sometimes go through entering adolescence, where they discard music from their current era and worship that of the past decades exclusively.

Making fun of it is part of the whole /ironic/ and "cringe" internet humor movements that peaked about 2 years ago. The bands listed still hold up, it's just sometimes they're associated with it all, well really just on Veeky Forums now anyways.

Pic related is the epitome

>not listening exclusively to underground punk from your country

get out kids

Legit though bands like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the Who would not be so revered today had they not been jerked to oblivion by their awful awful fans

>Academics and renown writers talking about The Beatles as if they were high art

Music evolves, it's like saying the modernists were shit because we've got postmodernism, or whatrever kitchscy bullshit coming out nowadays.

Learn to appreciate everything. The dadrock meme is nothing but testament to /mu/'s tryhard faggotry and an indicator of not only their outward pretentiousness, but also their Holden Caulfield-tier immaturity

>Learn to appreciate everything.
Hi John Green.

Perhaps the author is old enough those bands had a high impact on their life?

Is it bad if I'm in my mid-30's and think some of these are good? I don't feel that old.

>Is it bad if I [...] think some of these are good?
yes

all hail the music defener

Post a readable version

lol who cares if people mock. it's only gay teenagers and early 20 somethings that listen to a generations current music. their too young to even have a meaningful opinion on what's good anyways.

Anyone ever notice that they type of kids who use the phrase "dad rock" are usually the type of people who probably never met their fathers?

>inb4 u listen to dad rock XDDD

Nah pic related for me all day senpai

I don't like the music.
I am indifferent to the term,
But I hate the pretentious fags from /mu/

My taste is better than your taste

There is such a low barrier of entry to music. Any idiot can latch onto what is seen as cutting edge.

It's one of the easiest things to be pretentious about, just barley above anime.

>this whole thread
Jesus fuck there's more to music than rock, pop, and p4k-core
This is the equivalent of people arguing about books when all they read is bestselling paperbacks from wallmart.

I use it because it properly describes the aesthetic of people who think music died in the late 90s
I know my dad very well but he doesn't care for much music except for Elvis

I'm just saying that the kids who I've heard drop the phrase in real life have the whole nu male/psuedo hipster aesthetic going