Speed is the change in position

>speed is the change in position
>acceleration is the change in speed
what is the change is acceleration?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=what is change in acceleration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absement
math.stackexchange.com/questions/586107/what-is-the-difference-between-an-indefinite-integral-and-an-antiderivative
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its derivative
/thread

>OP pretends not to know about jerking
>...on Veeky Forums
0/10

lmgtfy.com/?q=what is change in acceleration

Ya jerk.

What is the change in jerk? Or the change in the change in jerk

Memes.

Jerk

Unit known as chad

>first derivative of position vector is speed
>second is acceleration
>third is jerk
>forth is jounce
>fifth is snap
>sixth is crackle
>seventh is pop
I'm not sure they have names beyond that

jounce

Is it safe to assume that if you have change position in your life you have experienced the infinite series of derivatives of the position vector.

Bump this

[(Meters per second) per second] per second = m/s^3?

yes, it's called a taylor series.
The best way is to do some movement that reaches a speed limit. The exponential shape of your velocity makes you experience all the derivatives.

position, velocity, acceleration, jerk, snap, crackle, pop.

and so forth it to more and more autistic names

If an object has a pop of 1m/s^6, how far would it have traveled in meters relative to point A after 10 seconds

Acceleration is if you turn too. It simply means "a change in inertia". Acceleration is change in direction as well as speeding up or slowing down. "Decceleration" is not a word, wven if you're slowing down it's called accelerating.

Upvote for you m'user
*tips fedora*

Ok deceleration is a word technically, but in physics we always refer to it as an acceleration still. All terminology

You would need more information than that to answer the question. You'd end up with a bunch of unknown functions because the initial conditions of crackle, jerk, acceleration, and velocity are all unknown. Even if you you're only worrying about acceleration, the end result would still contain a function depending on initial velocity. If the abstract answer is what you're looking for, well, that wouldn't be that hard, just integrate until you have position.

position, velocity, acceleration, jerk, crackle and all other values are zero except pop, which is 1 m/s^6. now haw far will it be?

> a change in inertia
a change in velocity.
a change in inertia is something else.

You can't have pop without speed dipshit.

What are they used for?

Jerk can be used whenever you have a time-dependent force.
I know minimum snap paths are used in control of quadcopters
I think I've read papers that talk about jounce

Integrate 1 six times and find out

Dumbest post of the day

Really dumbest post all day? Explain how you can have speed without acceleration let alone have pop without speed.

Remember the first time you drove a car and you couldn't smoothly decelerate to a full stop without the car jerking right before stopped? That's jerk: your rate of acceleration wasn't constant therefore you experienced jerk

Like said you have experienced the infinite series of derivatives of the position vector

You clearly are a high schooler. Please stop, it's embarrassing.

Have you never heard of zero starting conditions?

you have 1m/s^7 pop, at the end of 10 seconds your crackle goes from 0 to 10m/s^6
snap goes from 0 to 55 m/s^5
jounce goes from 0 to 1540 m/s^4
jerk goes from 0 to 1,186,570 m/s^3
acceleration goes from 0 to 703,974,775,735 m/s^2
velocity goes from 0 to 247,790,242,435,923,759,782,980 m/s

with 1 pop for 10 seconds you've accelerated to about 825 trillion lightyears per second and are 3.24 decillion lightyears away from earth

sorry I did the last part wrong, it's actually only 26 million lightyears per second, so you've traveled 342 trillion lightyears

Underrated post

8th is twerk

>Explain how you can have speed without acceleration let alone have pop without speed.
It's been a long time since I took physics, but if acceleration is the derivative of velocity, and if velocity is constant.....then the derivative of a constant is ????

solid

What is the integral of distance?

bump

Absement. Occasionally useful.

Jolt

Not terribly useful?

That's pretty cool, TIL, but
>The word "absement" is a portmanteau of the words "absence" and "displacement". Similarly, "absition" is a portmanteau of the words "absence" and "position".
KYS whoever is responsible for that.

It's missing snap, crackle, pop unfortunately

Jounce is Snap, but yes. Abserk is clearly the stupidest, from there it's hard to say.

no, and im being completely serious here

I heard a long time ago that

8 is lock
9 is drop
10...idk

Glad somebody had a competent teacher.

yes, unfortunately

Anyone that says 'snap' I immediatly dismiss as a mathfag which obviously makes them useless.

Never thought of the integral of displacement. What use could it have? Love trivial shit like this.

Impulse

First dervative of position is velocity not speed.

Yes and anti-chads are known as Staceys. A change in Russia is known as a Блaт. A change in change is measured in taxes. And a change in measurments of changes names is measured in changes of measurement which are measured in changes of measurement which are measured in changes of measurement which are m...

Take a look:
www.eyetap.org/docs/ActergyReflexAero_JanzenMann2014.pdf

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absement

Energy

is S dt an anti derivative or an integral?

The derivative with respect to time of acceleration is called jerk, and it is a vector.

RATE OF CHANGE

10/10

I understand the jerk, a change in acceleration is easy to imagine.

But how do you visualize a change in jerk? Like what even is the change in the change in acceleration?

math.stackexchange.com/questions/586107/what-is-the-difference-between-an-indefinite-integral-and-an-antiderivative

I thought Jounce and Snap were interchangeable names for the same derivative?

Then the 4th, 5th, and 6th would be Snap Crackle and Pop. Not Jounce, Snap, and Crackle.

You're correct, he dun fucked.

outstanding post

Ever notice how when you're driving you can gradually apply the brake, or just smash your foot down?
That's a physical example of jerk; and you can literally feel the jerk forward.

>r(t) = r(0) + v(0)*t + 1/2*a(0)*t^2 + 1/3*j(0)*t^3 + 1/4*s(0)*t^4 + 1/5*c(0)*t^5 + 1/6*p*t^6

so for
>r(0) = 0
>v(0) = 0
>a(0) = 0
>j(0) = 0
>s(0) = 0
>c(0) = 0
>p = 1m/s^6 and t = 10s

we get
>r(t) = 1/6*(1m/s^6)*(10s)^6 = 166666.67 m

So jounce would be the change in jerks you feel if you, for instance, slammed the brakes, let off, and slammed them again in rapid succession?

it's some stupid tensor field that describes changing metrics. literally why?

Agreed, although the word isn't too bad in usage
lrn2integrate jesus christ

I'm not a Physicist so I'm not 100% sure; but I think that would work as an example of jounce.

engi here, i thought you were memeing but this actually exists