Give me one good reason why astrology and zodiac signs study isn't the greatest way to live and successfully predict...

Give me one good reason why astrology and zodiac signs study isn't the greatest way to live and successfully predict your future.

protip: you can't?

You got me. There's no way to prove that it's all a load of bullshit.

You should dedicate your life to it.

tfw grand air trine crab

What do you mean? Its science isnt it?

>Astrology consists of a number of belief systems that hold that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events or descriptions of personality in the human world. Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe. Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions.[1]:424

>Where astrology has made falsifiable predictions, it has been falsified.[1]:424 The most famous test was headed by Shawn Carlson and included a committee of scientists and a committee of astrologers. It led to the conclusion that natal astrology performed no better than chance. Astrologer and psychologist Michel Gauquelin claimed to have found statistical support for "the Mars effect" in the birth dates of athletes, but it could not be replicated in further studies. The organisers of later studies claimed that Gauquelin had tried to influence their inclusion criteria for the study by suggesting specific individuals be removed. It has also been suggested, by Geoffrey Dean, that the reporting of birth times by parents (before the 1950s) may have caused the apparent effect.

>Astrology has not demonstrated its effectiveness in controlled studies and has no scientific validity,[1][2]:85 and as such, is regarded as pseudoscience.[3][4]:1350 There is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth that does not contradict well-understood, basic aspects of biology and physics.[5]:249[6]

>tfw you get really into astrology for two years in the 80s and at the end of it your best friend is an occultist, you're listening to the grateful dead every single day, and you met paul feyerabend and he cast a spell on you that turned you into a girl and you haven't been able to change back since

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

Why? That sounds like heaven.

Only if you're doing real, Greco-Babylonian astrology. The pot-smoking new agers added a lot of stupid bullshit, like new planets.

If you're too babby-tier to understand Ptolemy, at least read Lilly's Christian Astrology.

All of the greatest thinkers, from Plato to Buddha to Copernicus to Gallileo, even Al Capone, believed in astrology.

They also believed in spontaneous generation, just like you do when your mom uses it to explain all your half-black brothers.

I don't think Al Capone believed in spontaenous generation.

His credulity was finally strained when your grandmother kept using it to explain all your half-black uncles to him.

>zodiac signs study isn't the greatest way to live and successfully predict your future.
didn't he stop sending signs in the early 70s? you might as well wait for jesus to hit you back at this stage.

>Give me one good reason why astrology and zodiac signs study isn't the greatest way to live and successfully predict your future.

There is no reason to believe that the month in which you were born implies some kind of causal relationship between you and a special planet and its configuration in space-time. What is this causal relationship? How can it be empirically verified? How do you extrapolate information about a particular individual's future based on a planet and its configuration in space-time? Is there a wormhole that connects the future and the individual's planet and the information is encoded in the planet's space-time configurations (behaviour such as motion, etc.)? It just doesn't make any sense.

Neither questions are answered by astrology.

THAT a certain power, derived from the æthereal nature, is diffused over and pervades the whole atmosphere of the earth, is clearly evident to all men. Fire and air, the first of the sublunary elements, are encompassed and altered by the motions of the æther. These elements in their turn encompass all inferior matter, and vary it as they themselves are varied; acting on earth and water, on plants and animals.The Sun, always acting in connection with the Ambient, contributes to the regulation of all earthly things: not only by the revolution of the seasons does he bring to perfection the embryo of animals, the buds of plants, the spring of waters, and the alteration of bodies, but by his daily progress also he operates other changes in light, heat, moisture, dryness and cold; dependent upon his situation with regard to the zenith.

The Moon, being of all the heavenly bodies the nearest to the Earth, also dispenses much influence; and things animate and inanimate sympathize and vary with her. By the changes of her illumination, rivers swell and are reduced; the tides of the sea are ruled by her risings and settings; and plants and animals are expanded or collapsed, if not entirely at least partially, as she waxes or wanes.

The stars likewise (as well the fixed stars as the planets), in performing their revolutions, 1 produce many impressions on the Ambient. They cause heats, winds, and storms, to the influence of which earthly things are conformably subjected.

The stars's appearance have changed since they were first observed at the creation of the Earth 6000 years ago. It's only a couple degrees but it fucks up any significance that might have been present in astrology/zodiac.

>only a couple of degrees

On the contrary it's 30 degrees, an entire "sign". The zodiac is a division of the ecliptic, not a certain set of stars. Those constellations merely happened to occupy those parts of the zodiac when astrology was being discovered.

>it's a symbolic language
>liberates us from accumulated prejudices of life if we choose to look through it as a prism

there is also a soul power thing going on with it

>the 'science & reason are everything' acolytes will rage at this

>THAT a certain power, derived from the æthereal nature, is diffused over and pervades the whole atmosphere of the earth, is clearly evident to all men

Astrology presupposes this force as a causal agent. Since it is omnipresent, why don't you man up and invent your own system, like I don't know, say, the patterns of grains of wood in baby cribs. Decode those to predict the trajectories of our lives, pls.

I've tested it on many people and found rather plausible results. I wouldn't call my tests scientific by any chance, but I feel like the natal chart, synastry and, to a lesser degree, the progressed chart gave me good results so far.
It's really difficult to make a decent scientific experiment on astrology because it's damned hard to replicate results. You could take into consideration a few aspects a couple charts have and expect something from the people who have them, but there could be something else in their astral charts that override the effect of the other aspect. For example, a cancer rising person should be weak in stature, but if he was born with jupiter and/or mars conjunct the ascendant he may turn out to be a tall and strong person. So in order to really come to a good conclusion, you'd need lots of people who were born at the same time and preferably in the same region.
As to my good results, for instance, in natal charts, I've met many girls with mars conjunct sun and they all had a masculine attitude to themselves, they were insufferably stubborn and wanted things their way. Many men with neptune aspect mars seem to turn out rather feminine in behavior, specially those with "hard aspects". Many interesting artists I've tested had interesting aspects between the involving mercury, sun or moon with neptune or uranus.
Still, I feel like most people nowadays take astrology the wrong way. It does not describe how you are, how you need to be, or what you will be, it's rather like a description of a potential of what you can be. It should be taken as a tool to help you look into yourself and identify flaws to work on eliminating them or to identify your strengths and focus on them.
And even then, one should not take its word as absolute and should analyze through other means as well to come to a conclusion.

How is 30 degrees "on the contrary" to a couple of degrees. You mouthbreathing retards need to learn the language before posting your shit.

A couple implies a smaller number

Ultimately attempting to struggle against materiality will lead to suffering, so I can concede that it is a good way to live your life, though only in the fact that its submitting fully to an outside immaterial force. But the same goes for any other arbitrary belief system predicated on ineffable omnipotency, its just about which arbitrary system resonates with you the most so as to submit yourself fully to it.

But trying to use it to predict your future invalidates that usefulness and turns it into a detrimental garabe system, and every belief system that utilizes astrology and isn't a power grab fully recognizes that clairvoyancy is nothing more than charlatanism.