What's the easiest way for a singular person to bring about the death of humanity?

What's the easiest way for a singular person to bring about the death of humanity?

Would dedicating your entire life towards digging a giant hole and then spending all of your life's savings and pay-dirt on gunpowder then DROPPING it in the hole into the earth's core do anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_(dwarf_planet)
forbes.com/sites/debtwire/2015/08/18/a-trip-down-donald-trumps-bankruptcy-memory-lane/#b14356f75ddf
youtube.com/watch?v=G01NoaTM46o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not time sensitive, become a spy and start lies that cause a nuclear war

>gunpowder

even a nuclear bomb dropped directly on the earth's core wouldn't do anything, it was just be absorbed into the mantle.

Absolutely not. Take this to the stupid questions thread.

This is the single most idiotic question I have ever seen. Honestly how fucking stupid do you have to be to think dropping gunpowder into a hole would fucking bring the death of humanity...

Genetically engineering and then spreading through airports a very nasty virus might be able to drastically lower the population of the human race. If you were to go through with a detonation of a large number of cobalt bombs in the right places, you could blanket the earth in incredibly toxic fallout. High-ranking government officials would still survive and emerge some years later into a barren, animal and plant overrun planet in both of these scenarios, so that's technically a fail too.

Your best bet to kill everyone is to nudge a fairly large (5-10 mile) asteroid into striking the earth, ideally with as little warning as possible. That would fuck things up on a scale that's hard to even comprehend, we're talking a globe-spanning shockwave and firestorm that would probably sterilize a good chunk of the earth.

The easiest way would be to become leader of a nuclear-armed country and start WWIII. Aside from that, there's really not much a single person could do.

pretty much /thread

>What's the easiest way for a singular person to bring about the death of humanity?

By doing nothing.

>Your best bet to kill everyone is to nudge a fairly large (5-10 mile) asteroid into striking the earth, ideally with as little warning as possible. That would fuck things up on a scale that's hard to even comprehend, we're talking a globe-spanning shockwave and firestorm that would probably sterilize a good chunk of the earth.
I like this. Perhaps you could go into "asteroid mining" or even "asteroid deflection" and pretend you're doing it to benefit the powers that be.

I share your pessimism that one person can't do much though; I always find myself thinking how I can at least increase the probability a little.

>What's the easiest way for a singular person to bring about the death of humanity?
Weaponized memes.

1. Eat beef every day.
2. Don't buy computer hardware or software, generally boycott brand and tech products.
3. Always vote for nationalistic and militaristic parties.
4. Always spend your money on things that include subsidized energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
5. Always treat people as sterotypical members of tribes in conflict, use hate speech and distort all arguments into non-logic. Use lies repeatedly.
6. Always do the least good job you can get away with doing, rely on welfare if you can, commit crimes if you can't.
7. Through out toxic trash like oil, batteries, stuff with mercury in it into nature.
8. Vote for the parties with the worst economic competence.
9. If you're in any kind of position of power, use it to maximize harm and entropy while using every dirty trick to cling to the power as long as possible.

>Through out toxic trash like oil, batteries, stuff with mercury in it into nature.

This is an especially good one. Ecological disasters are probably going to be the thing that ends up killing us off

Bonus points for spiking your local town's water supply. FBI donut arrest me

The way it happened in this movie. if you haven't seen it, then I've answered your question and given you a reason not to do it. This movie is amazing.

>muh vague, idiotic leftist canards mixed with some genuinely responsible environmental advice (don't do x) to make it sound as if the poster has a fully-formed, logical political worldview (he doesn't).

>10. Don't let your wife get fucked by strangers of a lower social status than you

>Nothing of substance offered, just political tribalism.
Ah, I get it, you're already doing 5. Good job. :)

>5-10 mile

that's too little
make it 500 miles and high speed, then hit the Pacific for a global tsunami + expulsion into space of 1/5 of the atmosphere + 20 straight days of violent earthquakes + eruptions of every volcano until the mantel stabilizes + 5 years of sunlight blocked by dust to freeze everything to -120°C even at the equator

>bes in conflict, use hate speech and distort all argum
go back to redddit

Oh look, we have a triggered faggot. Does your butthole hurt?

Release the bees

Yellowstone erupting would be a very good first step. Not humanity, but a very excellent enough population.

So, how would one go about erupting Yellowstone?

You will only let Hitler out.

Hack nuke sub launch codes.
lat = 21.422510
longitude is 39.826168

Or say mini black holes evaporate.

i would try and make a virus that is airborne, and would cause (semi) sterility in women. before people notice what it's doing, a huge portion of the population will be infected and close to sterile. maybe give it a high mutation rate for good measures as well.

Just wait for us to evolve. We'll be an entire different species in 1 million years

I'm the bringer of doom it seems

Become a microbiologist and create a super plague.

no need. Humanity is already destroying itself and its environment. Just making society or economy run more efficiently would make it happen more quickly.

The only thing a single person might do to affect all humanity would be to develop a plague. But the world's hospitals are already working hard to make antibiotic resistant diseases. You could target something lower on the food chain, it would have the same effect eventually.

One person can't really affect the whole biosphere, but society as a whole can pollute it.

You could also stockpile a toxin to release worldwide, but the details would be tricky to get perfect distribution.

I'm voting for Trump too

>Humanity is already destroying itself and its environment.

Hippie.

The government detonated a lot of nukes underground for testing and yet nothing happened. Why do you think your gunpowder will do anything?

Become rich and build a factory that emits ozone destroying gas in the atmosphere. Everyone dies from cancer in one year.

Suit

Carbon consuming, self replicating nanomachines would destroy all organic life on earth.

There's only 1 asteroid that big, Ceres.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_(dwarf_planet)

It is difficult to imagine how I could convey to you how hard it would be to get something that big to move into a trajectory to hit the earth. You would need to negate a large portion of its momentum to shrink its orbit enough to overlap that of the earth,which requires you to deal with the unimaginable energy that exists in its rapid rotation around the sun. There is no conceivable way to do that that doesn't take thousands of years and quintillions of dollars.

Nudging one of the many asteroids in the 5-10 mile range to hit earth is very very hard, but slowing Ceres enough for it to smear the Earth into a ball of boiling rock and ash? That's like throwing an armload of toothpicks in the air and catching every one of them in a perfect line, flawlessly balanced end to end. It's not IMPOSSIBLE, but it's pretty close.

I watched this movie, and no one exept me seems to have noticed that the main character showed EVERY typical schizophrenia symptom. At the time I watched it I was looking hard into psychiatry and I was sure the movie would end up with the main character being schizophrenic, but it didnt.... I bet the creators of the movie did it intentionnaly.

Feminism will destroy the world

Like the nefarious cells.

Please continue, i dont know that reference.

Nuclear bomb

Engineer a pandemic bioweapon.

Assassinate some important figure, it's caused plenty of wars to erupt.

open all faucets in your house so you eventually flood the earth

nice try meme man
everybody knows you need a pump stack taller than the tallest mountains in order to flood the earth
also if you're going to do it might as well use magma

With 500 mile asteroid, I don't think there would be a tsunami, Chicxulub asteroid was like 8 miles across

Make a song so sad that anyone and everyone who hears it will kill themselves.

Listen kid, either you can knock off the attitude RIGHT NOW or I'll take matters into my own hand and make you never EVER post here again. This is your one and only warning. Don't tick me off.

Don't have to do shit.

I think that was the plot to an episode of cow and chicken. The baboon character ended up destroying the world by plugging a hole or something about as asinine as your post.

This

Nuclear Winter all the way

Say what you want about Muslims, but they build some pretty cool shit

Mecca is literally some sci-fi shit, and thi

Is that a Deus Ex reference?

Vote Trump

>make him say stupid shit
>socially engineer his supporters to believe that the nuclear threat is real, and we need to fight back with pre-emptively nuking
>Trump will do whatever his supporters want him to, and will actually nuke Iran or Russia

Or just put some cocaine in Kim Jong-uns tea. That will do the trick.

>like he isnt a drug abuser already

Kek

His father spent over $1 million on hennessy every year sing the 90s

If coke doesn't make him press the launch button ı don't know what will.

>implying any social engineering needs to be done
Trump will actually nuke Iran or Russia. 3 years max.

Study biology and develop an airborne virus that has huge delay in manifesting but kills really fast.

Or simply wait for co2/methane/water wapor emissions to turn Earth into Venus which kills more than just the people.

Build a meteor-magnet-device. Shouldn't be to hard.

Get elected president as the first obese transgender . Tell everyone to study ""oppressed" people "studies. Make being normal a bad thing so everybody is trans/ gay/ helicopter. Fewer pregnancies because everybody is artsy and spots shitskins and spics. America becomes nation of gender studies, half breed , gay helicopters. This catches on and HAES / trans catches on. Industry comes to a stand still. There aren't enough doctors to treat all the diabetes. World dies.

1. Inherit a lot of money.

2. Become famous by flaunting your wealth. Fly around in your own jumbo jet and helicopter with your name plastered on it in big letters.

3. Become more famous by losing your fortune several times and rebuilding it using tax shelters, loopholes, shady business practices, and Chinese sweatshop labor (while denying any connection to China)

4. Run for president against someone who is equally unlikeable and unqualified, giving you a 50% chance of winning right off the bat.

5. Garner voters by appealing to their bigotry, fear, and ignorance.

6. Insult other countries so you'll be more disliked abroad. This will help you because Americans like to see the rest of the world pissed off.

7. Win the election by getting just over half of an important swing state. Probably Florida, which can be bought for the right price by knowing the right people.

8. Presidentially piss off the rest of the world by building walls, instituting sanctions, and telling the rest of the world where it can go.

9. China or Russia will launch the first nuke.

10. Mission Accomplished.

9 seems improbable. But I guess economic damage + long-term diplomatic attrition could have flow-through effects.

Also deny climate change even exists and boycott every binding treaty for 8 years while nuclear proliferation continues.

> le trump is going to destroy the world meme

kys you leftard

Haha, someone is butthurt.

Your gaylord is a lunatic, everybody knows that. He will probably win anyway because US politics has no functional quality control. (If you even know what these words mean.)

>9 seems improbable.
7 seems improbable, bu maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

>how to destroy the thread
>post liberal left views in a passive aggressive away
>wait until they take the bait
>use emoticons on your replies

Someone is triggered. So much butthurt. :)

0.8% of Trump's businesses have failed you retard.

ITT: edgy, ignorant kids.

forbes.com/sites/debtwire/2015/08/18/a-trip-down-donald-trumps-bankruptcy-memory-lane/#b14356f75ddf

genetically engineer a supervirus

Teach all of humanity the science and ways to reach The Void and Choronzon through the simplistic matter of Lovecraftian mythos.
Watch as they all go mad and kill themselves and everyone else.

Fuck up the numbers with the LHC.
Universe implodes.

Protip
>you're already doing it

>trump inherited most of his money
>trump will start war with russia
yeah what have you been listening too

Pretty much youtube.com/watch?v=G01NoaTM46o

If you somehow detonated a nuke on the earth's core, it could cause massive earthquakes if a few dozen megatons. Not nearly enough to outright give it Namek Syndrome.

Hi pol... did you come here for help on your homework, or to share the rushton&jenson racial IQ 'study' for the nth time?

>Fewer pregnancies
>America becomes interesting for the first time
>No industries or doctors

I think OP wanted to END the world, not make it marginally better for everyone, though that is probably a step in the same direction.

Dig a hole at the center and drop a grenade in there, of course

do clones of yourself still count as singular person?

Are there any stories about a cyberpunk middle east?