"The Speed of Light"

>"The Speed of Light"

Today I learned Light doesn't have an absolute speed and changes depending on your reference frame.

So Light can be emitted from a star that's traveling at 1 million mph and then Light's speed is C + 1 million mph.

Why did Science lie to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's called blueshifting. You can't add up colinear velocities when dealing with waves.

> plebs on this board
> sum the velocity when dealing with relativity
seriously do some research before posting.

>blaming science for your idiocy
But hey, I'm no better, replying to a shitposter and all.

>Today I learned Light doesn't have an absolute speed and changes
No.

>So Light can be emitted from a star that's traveling at 1 million mph and then Light's speed is C + 1 million mph.
No.

Where did you learn about relativity from? You should never return to that source again.

>Today I learned Light doesn't have an absolute speed and changes depending on your reference frame.

one sentence into your post and you're already wrong

You two really think all light travels at c, huh.

>Where did you learn about relativity from?

Maybe he learned the same place you learned grammar.

What happens when a spaceship travelling at the speed of light turns on its headlights?

>You two really think all light travels at c, huh.
Attempt to correct this if you think otherwise, child.

>Maybe he learned the same place you learned grammar.
Attempt to correct my grammar if you're going to complain about it, child.

Nah, if you're going to be like that, I'm fine with watching you be a monkey. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

At C, though.

I re-read your post. If you try to bring up refraction and shit I'm going to shit myself in anger. OP said "C + 1 million mph" he is not talking about slower speed of light. Go fuck yourself.

Space is not a perfect vacuum. There is always a refractory index. Regardless of how minuscule the disparity, it is never c.

See This level of pedantic bullshit is not relevant to OP's elementary misunderstanding.

>arguing about grammar
>on the internet
heh
>taking the bait
HEH
>UNABLE TO BACK UP A SIMPLE STATEMENT YOU MADE EARILER
QUADRUPLE KEK

obviously light slows down in certain mediums, this is why cherenkov radiation is so pretty
i do know light doesn't always travel at exactly c, even in a vacuum, because of some virtual particle fuckery or some other quantum phenomenon, but the details of that are beyond me

but that doesn't change the fact that the speed of light remains constant for each reference frame

Hey, I never said it goes faster. You said
>Today I learned Light doesn't have an absolute speed and changes
No.

Light indeed does not have "an absolute speed", and it does, often "change".

You're so mad. Maybe you should end more sentences with redundant prepositions to show us how very upset you are.

Light is not constant in the universes frame of reference as it is expanding and as such is shifting universal metrics.

See

No, of course he's trolling. If you get far enough to understand special relativity, you already take for granted nothing moves faster than c.

>If you get far enough to understand special relativity
Nothing in OP indicates this. He's probably trolling, but it's not a given. You're just assuming "no one's that dumb" which is obviously not true.

Google 'Einstein'.