Nobody talks about Clive Barker but there are threads devoted to Stephen King unironically

>nobody talks about Clive Barker but there are threads devoted to Stephen King unironically

I liked the Hellraiser movie. If I had to read one thing from him, what should it be?

I've read Mister B. Gone. Basically a Catcher in the Rye with demons and shiet. It was a fun read.

Books of Blood vol 1

Books of Blood and/or The Hellbound Heart

I read it too when I was young, remember it being fun as well

Yeah. I was sad i couldn't have closure on his romance with mr. Q. Then i realized i was rooting for a gay romance between two demons. Good times

I find it hard to read King's novels. How does Barker favor compared to him? I know J.G. Ballard likes him, so that's very encouraging for me.

The first 2 Hellraiser movies were ok. I don't know if I'd trust a book by him though. I'd watch a movie like that since it's just an hour and a half or so, but a book seems like it might be a waste of time.

Also the Stephen King fag is literally just one guy being a contrarian.

Barker is better for gore-y stuff. He's got a great sense of humour, too. Not literature by any means, but pretty good entertainment

Anyone ever read Imajica? What'd you think of it?

Weaveworld is slightly okay and pretty enjoyable, only thing I read but I liked it a lot, very cool concept and the second Hellraiser film was great just for the Shakesperian actor they got to play the doctor.

Clive Barker is Stephen King to the third power, meaning he even more tiresome and has even worse badly marketed ideas.

But his name sounds like a name a dog would have. Woof woof! Haha. I like that so I have hardback first editions of his entire ouvre in my collection, though I do not read him.

>Also the Stephen King fag is literally just one guy being a contrarian.

it's called viral marketing

I used to love Barker. It is unfortunate that he stopped publishing decent books after Galilee.

Are you serious? Viral marketing is something done by people who have no money for standard marketing (ie: the kind that works).

Do you have any idea how much paper that hack has pushed already? He doesn't need viral marketing. Hell, he barely even needs regular marketing now

That works for me.

Imajica is the best book that Barker has ever written. It is probably the only one that I would actually consider calling literature. (I'm saying this as someone who has read everything of his, aside from his children's series. (but who hasn't really been able to sink my teeth into any of it since Galilee (as I posted above))).

Hellraiser is one of the few times the movie is better than the book

Maybe I have a shit imagination, but the cenobites look way better in the movie than I imagined them in my mind

you clearly have no idea about marketing, most viral marketing is done by large marketing firms with huge budgets, get a clue...when king's publisher pays a million bucks on some marketing firm of course it's going to involve a social media aspect you fucking dummy, god, kids these days are just stupid as shit, no wonder none of u fags can get jobs

Confirmed for total retard.

The main draw of viralling is that it costs nothing to do. Major companies obly waste their time on that shit if they want their product to seem "quirky" or "underground". Stephen King is too mainstream for anyone to buy into those images, so on the off chance that it is viral marketing, it'd be a complete waste of resources and the exec in charge would be just as much of a retard as you.

Stephen king is pretty much the modern day Charles dickens and has been read by more people even if the pretentious sphere shit on him.
He is a bigger staple of pop culture than hellraiser man.
Im not saying his books are better though.

>The main draw of viralling is that it costs nothing to do.
>on the off chance that it is viral marketing, it'd be a complete waste of resources
Your retard brew

Stop arguing about viral marketing if the thread isn't about that subject.