Anyone else here addicted to math? How do you deal with your addiction?

Anyone else here addicted to math? How do you deal with your addiction?

>tfw I literally spent 3 hours jerking off while reading about sheaves and cohomology

>addicted to math
gtfo you fucking autist

Shoo shoo, brainlet. There is nothing more rewarding than the satisfaction of gaining mathematical insight. It even feels better than taking a shit after days of constipation.

How do I start learning math?

You've obviously never received a blowjob when you were stressed out af about work / an exam.

Solving problems is satisfying, but what kind of shitlord actually masturbates to math?

Depends on what you already know.

sometimes i wish i was an autist

How does one become addicted to math? I would honestly like to learn

Blowjobs are boring. You're a pleb.

If you've never seen proof based mathematics, it's possible you'll like it if you just try it out. If you have taken serious courses (analysis or algebra) and still don't think it's cool, it's probably just not your thing.

Step 1: have one standard deviation above average IQ, minimum

I am +140 from legitimate psychologist and test and all

Ok cool.

That dudes right. Blowjobs are overrated

Blowjobs suck.

Literally and figuratively.

Well, sex is something you biologically need to feel at ease and getting it is a relief, you get something out of your system. It can be intimate too. But I also got a bit bored of bj's over the years. Maybe I'm just uncreative at it, but with sex, it seems like there is only so much you can do, and then stuff repeats.
But learning and understanding math is much more rewarding and lasting.

You can always get horny and then fucking like a dog is hot, but again, it's something that's gone once you're through with it.
Once you something while learning, it sticks with you and that you can come back to an improve upon.

Anyone???

become autistic

if your iq was that high you would naturally be attracted to math

I enjoy it when I'm doing it or when it is presented it to me, but I don't get that "addicted rush" that makes me want to keep on coming back and back to it like a madman, I have that more for reading, but I did do lots of reading when I was younger too.

I wanted to know how to get that "addicted rush" with Math

>cohomology
yeah i literally feel elation in my penis just thinking with it

get higher dopamine to make you feel rewarded for everything

you can probs train your brain to do this by solving math then smoking pot right after

I don't do drugs or alcohol m8

Any other ways you can recommend?

Hi Avi

For James Stewart's book, is it Single Variable Calc, Early Transcendentals?

me too man

That's the standard book. If you've never taken a Calculus course before, it's probably worth going through to begin building up a basic facility for mathematical thinking.
If you have taken calculus before in some capacity, try to get through Stewart more quickly by focusing on topics you did not cover, and strengthening your understanding of anything done in less detail than the class you took.
Also, the following should be kept in mind when reading Stewart. It is not rigorous. It is aimed at those who intended to use calculus in application to other fields, like engineering, the sciences, etc. Doing actual mathematics, with proofs, is a very different experience from doing math for the purpose of application. The primary reason for reading Stewart (in this guide), is not that you'll really need the content in Stewart before you can learn other things. In fact, when you read Spivak or another analysis book, you'll be covering content already covered by Stewart, but instead you'll be focusing on how to prove theorems, rather than just apply them to solve problems. Thus, the reason to cover Stewart is so that you can begin learning how to think mathematically.

I just do math- I just recreationally do a lot of math.

What do you typically do in a day regarding math and recreational math?

Where the fuck is he getting those prices from? Doesn't seem realistic at all.

Thanks, your post was very informative.

So if I've only completed completed up to high school pre-calc, I should go with Stewart?

Yeah. Also, do less than two chapters a day. That's way too fast a pace.

Having my dick in someone else's mouth might be one of the worst things I have ever experienced. Cuddling is amazing, blowjobs suck.
While I do sometimes get turned on while reading math (I first noticed this reading about forward error correction as a teenager) I'm really not convinced it's actually math that does it. It's probably trying to understand something complex (maybe?)
Also, I don't think just reading about math often is enough to really say you're addicted to it but heh, I don't know what else you would call that either.

WEW

what is this thread about