What are some anti America books?

what are some anti America books?

The Air Conditioned Nightmare is basically Miller driving across America and lambasting everything he sees

I don't personally like Miller but a lot of people do

bump for hating America

kys tripfag cunt

what is trip fag mean?

not sure if you can find them though, for instance i found "the billionaire" only very abridged (and translated from german) omitting the most of the criticism

>THE KINGS of steel, of petroleum, and all the other kings of the United States have always in a high degree excited my power of imagination. It seemed to me certain that these people who possess so much money could not be like other mortals.

>Each of them (so I said to myself) must call his own, at least, three stomachs and a hundred and fifty teeth. I did not doubt that the millionaire ate without intermission, from six o'clock in the morning till midnight. It goes without saying, the most exquisite and sumptuous viands! Toward evening, then, he must be tired of the hard chewing, to such a degree that (so I pictured to myself) he gave orders to his darkies to digest the meals that he had swallowed with satisfaction during the day. Completely limp, covered with sweat and almost suffocated, he had to be put to bed by his servants, in order that on the next morning at six o'clock he might be able to begin again his work of eating.

>Nevertheless, it must be impossible for such a man -- whatever pains he might take -- to consume merely the half of the interest of his wealth.

>To be sure, such a life is awful, but what is one to do? For what is one a millionaire -- what am I saying? -- a billionaire, if one cannot eat more than every other common mortal!

A Bright Shining Lie
Manufacturing Consent
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
Lies My Teacher Told Me

bzz, i missed the first line

i meant the pamphlets of maxim gorky about the usa, afaik they were published as one book named "in america", it seems they were translated then, huh

You should apologize to me.

You should stop using a trip, you faggot.

You should stop insulting me.

Once I hide this thread, I will have hidden every thread on the front page of Veeky Forums

And nothing of value will have been lost.

Pick any book by a contemporary American author.

>he picked the 0/10 cover version

>monopoly has become a fact

so lets rememdy this not through anti-trust laws but through the state becoming a massive monopoly that controls the production, distribution of everything in the country! good plan Lenin, bro

>he reads 5 out of context words on the cover and believes to be knowledgeable on the entire book

leninism is fucking stupid, which is why it was a total failure, have a nice day

t. has read zero books by Lenin.

i guarantee i've read more marxist shit than you have, which is why i can assure u it's fucking stupid shit

Black Book of Communism doesn't count.

t. Infantile disorder

I actually have read a significant number of pieces of communist literature, and I still think it inherently is contrary to what has been established as human nature's drive to survive.

But then again, that human nature has become so diluted in our "capitalist" world that they are just as satisfied being cogs as they likely would be under any form of true Communism.

Ah, but that's exactly it. There's no such thing as human nature beyond what's made necessary by our material conditions and contemporary ideas.

True, but the fact that human nature has been defined as only those two influences wouldn't discount that nature not lending itself to Communism.

Disregarding only those two concepts, how do you explain certain characteristics shared by nearly all existing organisms - namely the concepts of life and effort?

Well everything needs to survive, that's self explanatory. Likewise every organism in existence only applies effort in so far as is necessary to survive.

Communism doesn't undermine this, as a matter of fact because of the latter communism on the count of seeking to minimize effort becomes the more natural (for lack of a better word) compared to the present system.

Fuck that gorilla.