What's the most Veeky Forums lifestyle:

What's the most Veeky Forums lifestyle:

- part-time janitor, an extreme amount of drinking, huge amount of time to read and study anything at all (80+hours a week), no formal education or participation in academia, publishing etc. full experience of ups and downs of proletarian life and culture

- undergrad/grad literature studies, lots of classes, participation in low level academia, nothing but lite-bourgeois job prospects, medum amount of time to read and study at leisure, participation in petitebourgeois culture and social groups.

- buddhist training, ordained, 0 experience with contemporary culture, meditation 8 hours a day, abstinence, very few ups or downs.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-17/miss-bernard-said-gag-manga-about-literature-gets-anime/.103344
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_hermit
sustainablealcoholic.com/tramp-juice
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NEET

read for at least 8 hours a day

The most lit lifestyle is not being a fuckig self destructive idiot and doing what makes you happy while providing you plenty of time to read and reflect

just mix and match all three and add alcohol and voilla you're a beatnik

Sounds like you want to do 1. I say go for it.

you're clever. i was hired to do 1, on a whim, but i could do any of them at this time.

The most Veeky Forums lifestyle is anything other than deliberately structuring your life to match a romanticized ideal.

welfare, frugal austere minimalist semi-reclusive lifestyle, e-reader with pirated books, occasional malt liquor binges while watching u.g. krishnamurti videos and listening to memphis rap on a second hand business laptop running a lightweight linux distribution

2. Is the best choice in any scenerio.

i got close to this a few years ago, listend to only rap and drank faxes 10, only free books, paid for it by lying to gov. about student loans, (get the money for 10 classes, drop 7 of them when they send the money :) )

((ended up doing no writing tho haha))

if you're a sensitive and pretentious baby then sure it is

working is waste of time and degrading unless youre at the top
the buddhist thing is alright but i have vices so its out
the best option is 2 and modeling your life after Fitzgerald and chilling in european cities, not doing shit all day with pretty girls

can americans even compete?

lol if you're not a 1% social elite with considerable wealth and social status you can't possibly be Veeky Forums

the vast majority of good authors came from wealthy families, or found wealthy patrons.

There are enormous cultural differences between aristocratic old money and the wealthy people you typically find in America. There's nothing Veeky Forums about the latter. In fact, your average college-educated middle-class person is probably more Veeky Forums than them.

Good news for me. Thanks cosmic constituent.

most welfare neets here probably are

hell most adults outside academia don't read at all

I present to you the most ignorant nigger on Veeky Forums right now.

Go for the first one. You won't turn into an asshole while being well-read. Maybe

You missed his point d00d. Whether serious or kidding/trolling/stroking, he's not saying that Veeky Forums individuals (whatever the fuck that might mean to you) necessarily be rich, but that historically in order to endeavor to write for a living, one needed to have been wealthy so as to support such an unlucrative lifestyle. You can't afford to write (or try to write) unless you can afford unemployment.

That being said, I couldn't give less of an unadorned shit what anyone here considers the most """Veeky Forums""".

This. The best authors were the ones who just lived and happened to enjoy reading/writing while they did so

Sounds like a romanticized ideal

>buddhist training, ordained, 0 experience with contemporary culture, meditation 8 hours a day, abstinence, very few ups or downs.

This and Muay Thai would be the ideal life for me.

>>- buddhist training, ordained, 0 experience with contemporary culture, meditation 8 hours a day, abstinence, very few ups or downs.
>extreme self-negation
>Veeky Forums

>being this mad cause poor

i said 1% social elite, not generic upper middle class scum like what you find in america

Wouldn't it be most Veeky Forums of all to actually be a writer?

Most Veeky Forums would be a man worth writing about.

step it up

Girl here. Just to say I would never date 1 or 3, and desu 2 sounds kind of unambitious.

>caring about shallow girls and basic animalistic instincts like sex

plebe

and none of those people would date you

Umm not true lol

>working is waste of time and degrading unless youre at the top
>>>il/lit/erates actually believe this

You've obviously never had a real job.

is that really a surprise around here?

>You can't afford to write (or try to write) unless you can afford unemployment.
Found the illiterate afghani.

You've never heard of commission, free lance, project work? You think """"""writers"""""" who get published are all perfect fetal maggots who only write their dream book?

Leave the basement, Jerald.

Fuck off, wagecuck.

>wagecuckoldry is the only way to have a job that doesn't intellectually feel like shoving your face into a meat grinder

Can you just go to school already and learn an actual profession, and stop whinging about how you have to be Goldilocks in order to experience happiness? There's plenty of bowls of porridge and beds around, some are too hard, some are too hot. But some aren't.

>But I like being a wagecuck.

this thread reminds me that russian joke...

the end of 40ss, winter moscow, a boy is playing football with his friends. suddenly the ball breaks glass, a harsh russian janitor runs out and chases the boy. the boy runs thinking: "why do i need it all? this image of a street-smart boy, this football, these friends? i already did my homework, why am i not lying on the sofa at home reading my favorite writer ernest hemingway?"

havana. ernest hemingway writes his next novel thinking: "why do i need it all? i got so fed up with it, this cuba, these bananas, sugar cane, heat, these cubans! why am i not in paris, sitting with my friend andre morois, drinking our aperitif with courtesans and talking about the raison d'etre?

paris. andre morois drinks his aperitif and strokes a courtesan's leg thinking: "why do i need it all? i got tired of this paris, these rude frenchmen, dirty moroccans, silly courtesans, eiffel tower they spit at your head from! why am i not in moscow, where it's cold and snowy, sitting with my friend andrey platonov talking about life?

moscow. it's cold and snowy. andrey platonov, wearing ushanka, with a huge broom, chases the boy thinking: "if i only catch this fucker..."

>tfw getting evicted tomorrow
>tfw no home so instead I am going to be camping in a friend's back garden
>they'll let me shower and cook in the house
>they have 12 acres of wooded land

I'm planning on making the tent comfy with lots of cushions and blankets and incense, and I'll spend my time either reading or roaming the land. I'll collect wood, make fires, hunt, build stuff etc.

Is that Veeky Forums enough?

It's true regardless of what they want

>What's the most Veeky Forums lifestyle
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-17/miss-bernard-said-gag-manga-about-literature-gets-anime/.103344

>anime

>- part-time janitor, an extreme amount of drinking, huge amount of time to read and study anything at all (80+hours a week), no formal education or participation in academia, publishing etc. full experience of ups and downs of proletarian life and culture
What was the deal with the super intelligent janitor trope in the 90s and 00's? Good Will Hunting, the janitor in scrubs and even in the cartoon Recess

the american middle class which thinks that it can become something through hedonism of the will instead of remaining parasites failing their hedonism of the body

>le expensive special microbrew

doesn't count, we're talking bum beer

He probably hasn't heard of welfare either. Every first world citizen can afford not to work these days.

The fact is I live in a detached bungalow and pay rent so low that I almost feel bad for the landlord. My cute half-Russian girlfriend lives here with me and we both study literature at Iowa State, me having earned a three-year paid scholarship in the MFA program and her earning a degree to teach elementary school. I mean I come on this board and see people from Estonia, from New York and from places where their lives for whatever reason, usually economic and romantic, are so depressing that it makes me almost bad for them. I'm almost done editing a 67k word novel a year early, meaning that once its's published by Coffee House Press next Winter I'll have an entire year to promote it and to otherwise spend my time here in Iowa City writing short stories for the weekly class and just enjoying my life. Do you even comprehend the notion of enjoying your life any more kiddo? I thought not. There are people on this board working thirty, forty sometimes fifty hours a week while harboring ambitions of "making it" in literature. Meanwhile I spend my days waking at ten am, eating warm muffins and drinking cups of black coffee on the small wooden red-and-white oilcloth-covered table with my cute, Amelie-esque girlfriend who sits grinning and sipping her cinnamon tea as we discuss our plans for the week or some aspect of our course the other person expresses an interest in learning more about. I own a second-hand Volvo which looks beat up in a way that suggests the exact kind of poverty I'm looking to associate with my "brand" (every contemporary writer needs a brand) and I use it to drive to the library each day where I sit in a thick flannel shirt and sit at a table illuminated by a horizontal rectangular lamp while propping up my forehead with fingers placed to project my studiousness and complexity to others, only to drive home in the evening feeling a calm ease towards my life and walking up the three concrete steps and stepping through the screen door and then the wooden front door to find my qt gf baking in the kitchen with an apron on and a little flour on her cheeks which I rub off as she grins and asks me about my day. What do you have in your life that equates to this? Huh? I'm waiting for an answer...That's what I thought. Literary fame will be mine before the year is through. Meanwhile the rest of your year, and the rest of your life after that, will consist of a slow decline towards an obscure death remarked upon by nobody. I am literally and unironically eating a warm McDonalds cheesburger as I type this, the onions and mustard and tomato ketchup causing me to experience an overwhelming rush of pleasure as I continue to chew and swallow and digest my second meal of the day after a breakfast cooked by an individual to whom I am the love of their life.

Sounds great. Do some research online on permanent tent dwelling and tiny house living and other simple/alternative living stuff and the like, perhaps you can shit on your own compost heap and start a vegetable garden. Or just cultivate a quirky and entertaining lifestyle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_hermit

This is your job now.

so your shtick is basically becoming the lit game mac demarco?

>bum beer
It's called tramp juice, pleb.
sustainablealcoholic.com/tramp-juice

K...keep me posted

Good one, pham

reclused in a dark room 24/7, reading while listening to obscure japanese electroacoustic albums, masturbating twice a day, going out on saturday with normie friends

>obscure japanese electroacoustic albums
link me, pham

>anglos in charge of strong langer

Russian joke almost neverending like Russian winter. Also like winter of unfunny.

>3 would ever give you the time of day
>any of them would date you(none of them have the time to date you regardless of what you want or think)

Is training with Buddhist monks a legit thing I can do? I really want to do it because I feel like it would help me find inner peace but at the same time I'm afraid that I won't be accepted because I'm very self doubting.

you can go into 3, 7, 10, 14 days retreat first.

you have you experience all of them to have perspective. there's not just one way of life, you know. limiting yourself only makes you a pleb.

if there is a place near where you live i think you can look them up online and they may have an easy going intro session or something.

unless you mean the more interesting idea of showing up in like Korea at their doorstep asking to join then idk

This because its the best reason