ITT: Books that ruined your life

ITT: Books that ruined your life.

I'll start.

Nietzsche fucked me up.

I took the 'Will to Power' to its logical conclusions in certain situations.

Explanations of your posts would be of interest.

>reading this
>get massive erection
>someone notices
>never heard of lolita
>couldnt piece together why i was hard

close call

Other than Philosophy, should have included in OP.

OP here. Stirner should be self explanatory. I'm no expert, but essentially everything we know comes through some sort of medium, except that which we percieve by our own senses. Even then, I think even our senses are spooks by Stirner's standards. I could be entirely wrong, correct me if so. Have not read him myself. Gathered this from what others have said.

please no, corn father

When you say ruined... ?

The individual will determine how they wish to define ruined.

eugene onegin

I read it at a very vulnerable time in my life and it hurt me. I haven't recovered since, and I'm not sure that I ever will.
For solidarity, Lolita also ruined me, but in a different way. The Double broke me down, and Lolita sort of helped put me together again. It's hard to explain, but I'm glad to see others were so deeply affected by it.

go buy a dictionary you goddamn tumblr faggot

fuck me corn daddy

'please no, corn father'

Nah dude, to Stirner a spook is any kind of "idea" or "cause" that you put above your self. He basically says that any group that you belong to that you place a higher value on than your own interests is a spook. Any religion, state, government, or social relation that exists "above" an individual without his enjoyment of it is hypocritical to Stirner. Any kind of social relation should be "used" by each individual person to his liking, and each is to be free to leave this union of egoists as soon as he feels it no longer pleases him. There isn't much of the metaphysical in his main work, more ethical, at least in the usage of "spooks"

no wonder stirner is a minor hegelian no one but autists cares about, that's the least insightful shit anyone ever thought of...everyone joins identity groups because it pleases them, a lot of times you hear people say they are excited to be gay because it lets them be part of something "bigger than themselves" people like these kind of grand projects because it can give your life meaning beyond masturbating and watching cartoons....

Alas poor corn father, I knew him well a man of infinite memes. But even writing notes from the underground I have not failed to see gravity's rainbow. Like fine Ulysses i have traveled far upon the mountains of madness to taste the sweet Lolita nectar in this brave new world. You may say that I have a heart of darkness, but I assure you that this republic was built to last. Corn father, you simply do not understand that I see you as an infinite jest, use that in your meditations. In search on lost time, I instead found the Ego and his own. Atlas Shrugged, corn father, but what say you to my critique of your judgement?

Microsoft Excel 2007 Inside out.

please no, corn father

Green face- Gustav Meyrink
Kinda an occult novel of an jew.

Also Masks of Illuminati by Wilson

My diary desu

And this

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Can A Book Ruin Your Life Hahahaha Nigga Just Set The Book Down Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

when I was in 9th grade, a friend from the internet I would teamspeak with rec'd me lolita. it all started there

What someone considers ruined for them may not be the same as ruined for someone else. I own a dictionary.

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

fuck you corn father, all hail faulkner.

relatedly, the sound and the fury fucked me up.

What's so bad about Yevghenii Onegin? Or good?

i think that i have an actual humbert humbert complex due to similar circumstances but that's not the book's fault

Please no, corn father

This. The fact that there is no closure, no denouement, the implication that the pain just goes on forever

Pic related: somehow I convinced myself I could only find a meaningful redemption if I committed a crime. So I absconded with some money from the 711 I worked at and left town.

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

'please no, corn father'

>Not realizing that accepting Christ was the answer all along.

topkek

My prose is shit - mediocre prose is an improvement

seriously fucked my shit up

Camus helped

but its not like it was before I knew

please no, corn father

Tyler The Creator is legitimately the voice of a generation.

please no corn father

The book is kinda brutal, it makes you reassess your worth, certainly. That whole debate on who is ordinary and who is extraordinary that Raskolnikov has with Razumikhin's buddy, regarding Ras' article, it's pretty unsettling when applied to one's self.

The overall redemption indicated in the end is powerful. One of the greatest books I've ever read, no doubt.

Please cum, corn senpai.

animorphs made me a tranny :(

you're an idiot. You either didn't read Nietzsche or embarrassingly misunderstood him

Elaborate.

>the extent of my knowledge of Stirner is reading a shitpost by an anonymous faggot on a Macedonian spit-roasting message board.

Kill yourself my child

a description is not a prescription. Beyond telling you that I'm not going to spoonfeed Nietzsche to you

It had a lot of good discussions about power dynamics and ethics. Changed my views on many things. Made me realize that humans have no actual power to change one another, through any sort of event or process, we will be who we were meant to be.

'please no, corn father'

>we will be who we were meant to be
Mein gott

The secret being that only ordinary men are capable of redemption.

>we will be who we were meant to be.

You got that wrong mate. We will be who we choose to be.

The only person you have the power to change is yourself.

Please no, corn cobber

oh shit. I should've read this thread before I started this one

This is the best post.

Thread needs to SHUT DOWN desu.

I'm not sure why, I just know it's best not to think about it.

user, love can change people. :)

Mopey Schopey ruined my life too t b h, once you read his stuff on women its hard to forget

Nietzsche is the first step out of that pit user.

Schopenhauer's view of women makes perfect sense in light of life denial. The female is synonymous with being entangled in the passion and sorrows of life. If your view is that life is a horror and should be denied then of course the female has little value.

If you are life-affirming then the female gains her dignity again.

check em

>If you are life-affirming then the female gains her dignity again.

Heh, you're outta luck punk. I didn't forget my whip.

I get the reference, and I honestly lol'd a bit.

The whip Nietzsche talks about is to be taken in a slight sado-masochistic light. Life is painful, but you can enjoy it at the same time.

please no, corn father

>implying free will
jeezy-kableezy

you stole my ''ignant'' shit posting shtick, you motherfucker!

>implying you weren't always meant to change
next thing you know, he's gonna say time is linear.

same fag here. I actually don't think time is linear, merely our perception.

I get your meaning, but you seem to suggest that there is only 1 possible outcome.

Please no, corn father

Please no, corn father

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

Books didn't ruin my life,
I did.

Bls, no corn poppa

'please no, corn father'

Do VNs count?

'please no, corn father'

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

I don't understand the corn father meme.

Is it from his Faulkner comment?

Where does paternity come into play?

please no, corn father

1984. Make me waste a lot of time

please no, corn father

This, along with Gulliver's travels, Clockwerk Orange, Blindness and Seeing made me lose faith in humanity. When I got to Nabokov, it was just sensible chuckles for me.

Hail Caesar!

>everyone joins identity groups because it pleases them
Stirner is in favor of that, because it is your own cause, it pleases YOU. When it becomes a cause itself, which you no longer enjoy, it is a spook; e.g religion.

please no, corn father

please no, corn father

I am the Corn Grandfather.

All curses be damned. My prose is G.

This and also his plays fucked me up senpai. I know he always ends up with a hopeful theme at the end but the "We shall have rest" prospect in itself is depressing. Sent me to the psychiatric hospital.

Well after I've finished Lolita I was heavily depressed for like 3 days.

>drinking crown royal
nope

>read Camus and Cioran early in life as well as Kierkegaard

>literally immune to fuck my shit up tier lit.