The classic Penguin Books cover layout is the objective best general form of cover designs ever made...

The classic Penguin Books cover layout is the objective best general form of cover designs ever made. Prove me wrong Veeky Forums.

(You can't)

Idk but I just got the Penguin Deluxe Gravity's Rainbow and it's one of my favorite covers and spines.

No picture on the cover though. So plain. I like the older penguin classics and penguin modern classics with the black or green spines where the cover art covered the whole cover and didn't have the black and white bands. Pelicans are also really cool looking.

but Vintage Contemporaries exist.

nyrb > penguin

fuck outta here with that shit.
looks like a goddamn 3rd grade social studies book

Looks like trash and has their giant logo on it. Penguin isn't paying for me to advertise, get that giant logo shit off.

I disagree.

>Prove me wrong

actually i agree

>No picture on the cover though

some of them have pictures. generally line-drawn and black-and-white. i like some of the covers in your pic tho.

it is actually pretty cool, too bad they didn't take i anywhere with some better quality paper

What are those?

>inb4 books

New York Review Book Classics

Those multicolored lables at the bottom tick me the fuck off

>tightly bound, clean editions with good text and exceptional paper quality
>cheap as fuck

pick 2 nigga

from best to worst

>penguin modern classics with the white spine
>penguin modern classics with the grey spine
>older penguin classics with the colour on top
>black penguin classics with the white stripe
>those penguin 21st century classics with the ugly green spine

The deluxe classics vary in quality.

That orange is aesthetic as pêh

why is the text on the binding facing the wrong way?

What a piece of shit cover. I'd be too busy flipping over the cover and looking at it in disgust to even read the fucking thing through.

Yes.

what about penguin english library?

I dont disagree but can we mention how cancerous Barnes and Noble covers spine

I prefer actually reading the books, so I'll buy the cheapest available and not even worry about the cover.

The orientation of the text has always bugged me

Absolute madman.

It's not just about cover design. You have to consider paper and binding quality, and how comfortable it is to hold.

>exceptional paper quality
has not been my experience. most of my Penguin Classics are printed on what basically amounts to tissue paper

these aren't penguin classics

I like Penguin Books but I like Modern Library and NYRB even more.

>Not buying a bunch of penguins so that you can have a colony

Current Penguin Classic quality is garbage. The spines seem to crease no matter how carefully you read them and the texture of the pages is rough as fuck

>have worlds most iconic cover design
>change it for generic helvetica

>changing your forced meme after being corrected

>The spines seem to crease no matter how carefully you read them

This is a good thing though. Sometimes when I read a book, there's barely any wear and it looks like I haven't read it and then people look at my bookshelf and say shit like, "Loving those unread books you fucking pseud." My buying books with easily cracked spines, people on /lit don't bother me about spines being uncracked anymore.