What are you drinking and reading tonight Veeky Forums?

What are you drinking and reading tonight Veeky Forums?

Pic related and One Hundred Years of Solitude for me

I just wanna console Ursula

straight out the bottle

reading Dale Pendell's "Pharmako/Gnosis"

here, have an excerpt:

>would it not be wonderful
>to rise together
>through the wrath, through the jou
>of angry fire, all that is dross
>burning away. Would it not be wonderful
>to enter the Watery Place

>Sacrifice is Soma - the primal poison, the churning of the lingam in the Milky Way - the elixir created by the alliance of gods and demons.

>40 of steel reserve
>drinking it out of a glass
???

I'm reading Low Life by Luc Sante and drinking pineapple kombucha.

about to rummage through my parents' liquor cabinet to find something to sip on. drinking because i don't feel like reading, or doing anything else, really.

will probably just watch debates / interviews on youtube for the rest of the night

Why would you (not *you*) start a passage with a phrase that's synonymic of a 60s pop song?

diet pop and Marina Tsvetaeva's bride of ice

i wish i was drinking for real but dem gainz

Don't worry in a few years gainz stagnate and you stop caring so you start drinking all the time instead

Just finished off a bottle of George Dickel Tennessee Whisky. Chunky side chick has some mid-shelf bourbon I'm considering picking up a $1 coke at McDonald's and going to her place to drink sit outside and look at the strawberry moon. Probably get some pussy too. Not sure if it's the lit life but it's mine and it's A-ok.

can't wait

sounds bloody fucking awful desu

As for myself, drinking Canadian Club out of my coffee mug and reading the opening chapters of Studs Lonigan by James T. Farrell

white russians because i watched the big lebowski

#waterboyz desu

trying to get my booze dependency and tolerance down lads, taking a two week break

Are you (yes *you*) saying would it not be wonderful is too similar to Wouldnt It Be Nice, as in the Beach Boys song?

It's not - fuck you

As soon as I read the first line I started internally singing the song. the only difference is a contraction and the intensity of the emotive word

sorry senpai its too similar

could go for a 40 but i am legitimately terrible when i drink so, not tonight bois

is cheap strong beer the literary choice of beverage?

no, liquor is

Lagunitas IPA and Ulysses (I know).

cheap liquor tho

it's about the economics since it's all one willful act of poisoning anyway

Pic related it's the Hegelian solution to your problems.

this shit is why i can't drink to excess m8 i just don't have the constitution for heavy drinking like that

no, expensive weak wine is

Probably better like that, less chance of alcoholism sneaking up on you.

>not cheap strong wine

get hep daddy-o

>tfw i'll probably never have two forties in one sitting again
bittersweet

Dipping into my old friend Willy G while sipping some Dark Truth stout.

whatever can get you drunk for minimal $$ is a lit beverage

i chuckled
also trips.

as a guy who often has 6+ 40s on any given night, don't feel too bitter about it

>six (6)
But where does all that piss go?

back in the bottle

40s really are the ideal piss receptacle, been there

Speaking of which, Old Grandad and Isaiah for me. There are better bourbons but not better $14 bourbons.

OGD is THE cheap boubon, even better if you can get the bottled in bond stuff. Good taste bro.

>The Recognitions
>Not paired with Aquavit or Cognac

Why would anyone drink that many 40s? It just seems like a huge waste of time. You'd be pissing more than you'd be drinking.

I was thinking at that point I'd probably rather switch to the liquor but damned if 40s aren't the perfect bevvy. Just too many carbs

Sportwhey protein shake with frozen raspberries. There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Sportwhey.

Oh forgot to mention I'm reading "Battles in the Desert" by Jose Pacheco

Have you dudes not heard of Evan Williams? Or are you both not in the US?

Yea I just didn't include "the equivalent of" in that post cause I couldn't determine the best position to put that phrase in.

#litprobs

but yea, i usually drink wine instead of beer cause once you learn you're an alchy you realize that liquor is gonna do you too much trouble and beer isn't enough. wine is the solid middle ground

The High Window, haven't been drunk in awhile, remember why I liked it so much. Probably won't be drunk again for some time, who knows, I downloaded 27 Bill Evans' albums today and listened to one of his live albums recorded in france with a friend, it was nice. I dont know what I'm doing and I never have, being alive and conscious of being conscious is weird, I hope we all sleep well tonight, thanks for existing.

Pic related (Sake) and reading Butcher's Crossing

Just keep working at it you'll be an alchy someday
>wine
Lol
And no you don't want to be an alcoholic it sucks, not being able to drink in the morning because you're shaking but not being able to stop shaking because you can't drink sucks

Texas here Evan Williams is a pretty good value too

I've been drinking like ancient romans used to do for a few days now and it's pretty alright. I buy boxes of wine and set them on my desk with a big pitcher of water, diluting the wine to various ratios and just drinking all day long.

It's a good system.

8/10 would read the rest of the book if this was on the first page.

You're drinking like my 50 year old aunt who hits on me over Thanksgiving dinner, is it white zinfandel or something less bitchy ?

Tuborg of danish kings, a small glas of rum and Growth of the Soil.

Drinking Russian standard vodka the luksosova is finished my girl should be home soon to go get some beer too but I'm reading Chindi by McDevitt some of the modern sci-fi I can enjoy most gets too cringe now a days, any recommendations?

I always loose my wallet or phone when I drink Steel Reserve

I'm normally a Cuervo man, but Mead is pretty good too. Makes you horny as hell though.

I had the same reaction, lol

Though I have done that once before, just because I only had one 40 left over and an aquaintance stopped by to say hi on his 21st bday.
It was actually pretty enjoyable, it was really flat from being half empty for two days though so that might have had something to do with it.

It's some blended red box wine

Working on somethijg called the 40 Oz diaries so been drinking 40s for like a month straight

Aunt Linda ?

This is how I drink whiskey, the way Churchill used to do it. He did it with soda, I do it with water.

>soda
Not what you think as soda

so like sprite?

Soda water, like carbonated water

This dub gets it, it wasn't soda like coke or whatever it was just like a fizzy branch he drank like he meant it, many of Churchills speeches weren't actually him speaking. He literally had someone to talk for him when he was to drunk, listen to We will never surrender and that was really Churchill speaking. He was the greatest over functioning alcoholic in all of political history.

according to the satyricon they drank their wine warm as well

but you said not the soda I was thinking of

just found out an old friend off'ed himself

reading Ulysses and drinking coffee

what a horrific way to die

no, it's not. And also that's not the beginning of the passage- it just happened to be where my eyes caught and so that's where I started copying.

You're a cunt, and you're dumb.

Aunt Linda I don't know how you found out about Veeky Forums probably from Chris I know he's weird but it's weird. You have a husband and my girlfriend found you super creepy even though you're a hot redhead milf but come on. Lay off the wine and go to Bill, he's your husband and hasn't been laid since he came for the day with me and we set him him up with some crazy chick who ate way to many xanax

Soda water faggot

water..because drinking alcohol and reading is fucking stupid.

i love how you fucking retards think the guy who said soda didn't know what that was

maybe love was too strong of a word???

Some fags here are really presumptuous that way. There was a post a while back by someone saying that higher end Irish whiskey was as good as single malt Scotch and some autist assumed the poster thought they were the same thing.

>not being able to drink in the morning because you're shaking
how are hard you shaking that you can't get the bottle to your mouth bruv, like harlem shaking?

Could be a seizure

>calling fizzy tipple soda

Nothing and the Quran, it's Ramadan desu senpai

Terrible how?

If you want a good mix of value and quality I like to go with pic related.

As for me, On the Edge by Chirbes with Tito's Vodka and Cranberry Juice

It'd not just your hands it's all tour muscles, in your mouth throat everything it used to not be too bad and I got sick and got much worse now it's getting better again.
Essentially yes it's a mini seizure for practical explanation, not enough GABA interaction and what not, now I just set my alarm for a half hour before I need to wake up and pop a klonopin and when I wake up the shakes are barely noticeable I don't think people should stop drinking don't get me wrong but drinking in way excess which yes I do and have done is not fun and not coool.... people sometimes brag about drinking a lot and for real when you get to the point where it's hard to swallow your first gulp of beer it's not fun anymore, though agree noonish I'm good to go and having a variety of fun

Because America that's why

i've never been so bad that I couldn't get liquor down my throat desu, just some tremors and twitches and sweats and hallucinations back when i really pushed it.

now i'm an old pussy weekend warrior. feels good.

Dude no, Jameson is never for quality it's for dousch bags on st pattys and friends to yell I'm Irish while drinking, Canadian club tastes literally almost identical, try to discern the difference sometime

When I was younger I had a seizure disorder so it hits me much harder I'm sure because of the same systems in the brain ya know, that's why I'm still on klonopin, I'm 27used to be on phenobarbital until my doctor figured out how much i drank lol he works close with my psychologist there's some things that happen that doctors are cool with people drinking from ha got a great girlfriend though been with her 2 years and she's the reason I only have half my liver spilled

I've never had the reserve, but I agree about standard Jameson being frat boy garbage.

>there's some things that happen that doctors are cool with people drinking from
You mean because their lives are so shitty or because it's medically relevant?

I have a mental patient friend whose doctor tolerates his mild alcoholism because it seems to work better for him than being sober. Less suicidal.

The reserve is quite different, I dislike regular jameson too. it is extremely smooth and sippable, and makes for a really good sour base.

However I would prefer either pic related or lagavulin 16 if I were going to be drinking scotch or whiskey neat.

What kind of whiskey should I buy if I just want to put it in my coffee so I'm not sober at work?

>40 of beer
>poured into a wine glass
didn't know this was a working class board

I like Knob Creek as a mixer, especially if you are doing something with cinnamon

Something cheap like old crow or jim beam. Anything better than that would be a wasted if you weren't drinking it neat.

>wine glass

Yeah I was a child port star basically, I get royalty checks though at least and yeah the shrink is sorta just like yeah its cool if you drink just don't mix meds to much but on paper it says ya know doctor always instructs never to mix alcohol with medication. I set it up so he can't get blamed ever for anything I've been clean from heroine though for two and a half years so hey that's good

>wine glass

vote leave btw lads

First off that's not a wine glass, and a wine glass isn't a single type of glass it would be cooler though if it were poured into a champagne flute though, if I'm guzzling beer like a 40 I'll pour it into a liter or half liter Glass mug

I should really be reading Outlaws of the Marsh, but I'm balls deep in Robin Hobb's Royal Assassin.

Thanks lads.
I'll take these into consideration but is there anything you would recommend that's a little better than jimmy b but not as expensive as knob creek.

My man.... haven't seen that since last time I was in Poland, well and one bottle in my cupboard soooooo good straight down the hatch

Jack Daniels, George Dickel, maybe Buffalo Trace

It is insanely easy to drink.

samefag
just because you put beer-words on it doesn't make it not a wine glass. i've never seen a fucking beer goblet with such a high stem before. poor form