How likely is it that giant robots will be exist in the future?

How likely is it that giant robots will be exist in the future?

They got them now. I saw a giant robot tyrannosaurs rex rip a car in half an shoot flames out of it's nostrils at a monster truck show.

Bulky, slow, vulnerable, costly machines.

The fork lift body suit from Aliens is the best we will probably ever get.

Yea, they will probably be coming out with that exoskeleton technology before long.

Nah, giant robots will replace all war.

War is going to get to a point where it's just unmanned drones taking out strategic targets until the other side runs out of drones and the means to produce more drones.

At that point all nations will finally realize the futility of war and instead of building tons and low cost mass produced drones they'll just build one super expensive and highly advanced giant robot and settle all geopolitical disputes with giant robot fights. I know my dad works in the future.

There is absolutely no reason a giant robot is more desirable than a small one. They'll be heavier, more cumbersome to transport, require more raw materials, and require more fuel/energy to power.

Giant fuck off robots are memes and basement dweller weaboo wet dreams.

>highly advanced giant robot
>settle all geopolitical disputes
Topkek

That won't solve shit. War will just evolve differently after that to sabotaging the robots, or it'll be restricted in war. Just like all super powered deterrents.

See
>nuclear bomb history

See
>Mobile Fighter G Gundam

>anime is totally an accurate timeline for the future
See

As soon as we develop anti gravity to stop the robots from falling down.

This. In humans anti gravity is called a skeleton and is very effective at stopping us from falling down.

what are the alternatives of giant anthropomorphic mechs

Not even, that robot is slower and less efficient than a forklift. A real use would be something like powered exo-suits for exploring other planets, and dangerous environments. But even that would only be a small improvement over what we have, space suit + buggy.

Not as combat ready Metal Gears, but could I see countries building them as a way to show off their technological progress maybe.
Even then that's kind of dumb.

Why would anyone want giant robots... that shit will be so lame. They will be clunky and awkward. Rather enhance my own physical make-up...

o i am laffin

How giant, and made of what materials? Certain structural materials will put hard limits on how giant a giant robot can be before its "bones" collapse under their own weight or its muscle analogues are not strong enough to move its weight around efficiently. I'd say there's a fair bet that with improvments in metallurgy, compact power sources, etc we will eventually be able to build a robot that's pretty yuge. Whether or not that robot would serve any other function besides "fuck it, it looks cool" is another question all together.

100%

If you mean future as in all time in the future (meaning infinitely in the future), then there is a 100% that everything and anything will occur

Next to impossible.

However, we might be getting some robot-on-robot or robot-on-meatbag combat in future conflicts.