> meme loop can only go from A to B
> planes can go anywhere
> memeloop can go up to 700mph
> planes can go much faster
> memeloop requires a rail
> planes requires fucking air
> rails may get damaged from earthquakes and hurricanes
> planes can always avoid hurricanes
wew lad, should've invested on SpaceX, Musk.

yes, huge infrastructure needed (years of work and trillions of $) for a very marginal gain compared to today train (320-350 km/h), this meme wil lnever take off.

Aren't planes memes though?

I agree with you but
> memeloop can go up to 700mph
> planes can go much faster
You are not going to fly supersonic over land in a million years.

>compressor sucks air in
I thought the tube was supposed to be a vacuum

Low density air senpai.

Planes use kerosene
Hyperloop is powered by electricity

Planes have an actual capacity of at most 800 persons
Hyperloop could do a lot more

Plane tickets cost a lot of money
Hyperloop doesn't need skilled pilots nor staff, and will probably cost less

Planes can crash
Hyperloop doesn't

>Hyperloop doesn't
>kid leaves a magnet on the rail

>Earthquake/Major storm/terrorists
>Tube breaks
>hundreds dead

>Planes have an actual capacity of at most 800 persons
>Hyperloop could do a lot more
I highly, highly doubt this. You got a source pham?

>he thinks pilot salaries are a major cost in airplane travel

The rest of your post is pretty dumb too but I just wanted to point out how retarded you are.

By, definition, no, it is not a meme

>powered by pulling in air
>in a vacuum

JUST

maybe it's using the air concentration gradient for propulsion?

FUCKING
MAGNETS
HOW
DO
THEY
WORK
The picture is misleading, though.

>Bumping this thread, for that.

Fuck you.

if it meet's musk's original numbers then no and by the Von Karmen- Gabrielli diagram it's a great new transportation system.

It is renewing interest in passive maglevs though and that is certainly worth something.

it's supposed to be accelerated by magnets, the fan is to prevent air from building up in front of it and slowing it down.

it is, mostly due to heavy competition with cheaper forms of transport, and right-of-way acquisition. Presently the only people who have enough money and legal resources to build things across states are freight railroads, utility companies, and oil companies

what is not a meme is pic related

>Hyperloop is powered by electricity

so can most trains

>Planes have an actual capacity of at most 800 persons
>Hyperloop could do a lot more

Assuming we're only being given a single 100m x 100m space (ie enough for 1 747), then you can pack about 25 4-car trains (about 4m x 100m each), each of which can carry 648 riders (162 people per an off-the-shelf bombardier bilevel) each totaling 16,200 people.

Trains also have the benefit of doing express services (using turnouts, a thing hyperloops cannot easily have), as well as heavy freight (anything from coal to orange juice to SUVs, and mail).

>and will probably cost less

will probably cost MORE, and will never be profitable
Just look at it, it's a fucking meme, the problem with all these schemes is that any large engineering project is a fucking disaster headache.

This isn't the 30's anymore, you can't actually build things, because the government comes along and goes "Have you hired enough women & blacks??", then you start getting lawsuits from nimbys, and fire bombings from anarchists....

Inductracks are actually implementable as they can be used with existing railroad infrastructure. For example, the two biggest railroads in the US (UP and BNSF) move half their cargo through Cajon Pass (gateway to Los Angeles) which has 4% grades. Normal trains have a hard time to the point where an inductrack + special pusher locomotives could probably be cost effective vs building a base tunnel.

However, we run into another problem: companies don't like things with high maintenance costs. It's why it took until the 90s to get any of the railroads to adopt computerized signaling. What makes or breaks a technology is it's ability to survive deferred maintenance.

It'll work on mars where you don't need the partial vacuum tube.

Musk is a brilliant madman. He wants to colonize Mars and he is going to get the people on earth to fund and develop it.

Come at me m8.

The only real application of the memeloop is long distance high speed shipping, specifically underwater between countries like China and the US.

>implying a single magnet would severely disrupt a maglev system moving at 700mph
you couldnt put a magnet on the rail anyway, its in a fucking vacuum tube

hyperloop:
>Earthquake/Major storm/terrorists
>Tube breaks
>pod grinds to a halt long before it reaches the break

plane:
>terrorist/major storm/equipment or technical failure/pilot error
>plane drops out of the fucking sky
>hundreds dead + collateral damages huge

have faith in the meme

people to pay in airlines:
pilots
cabin crew
ground crew
ATC staff

people to pay on hyperloop:
drivers
operators sitting in a room somewhere with shitloads of monitors

>Hyperloops are just fucking magic
k

>repairing the tube misalignment under water
>cost of new parts
>shipment of new parts
>over long distances tubes would get misaligned often

vs

>buying new plane

hmmmm

>I thought the tube was supposed to be a vacuum

I am much more offended by "to pull pod forward" which is not how ANYTHING works.