Hi Veeky Forums, newfag here from /sp/. I'm studying medicine and I like to read about some new subjects...

Hi Veeky Forums, newfag here from /sp/. I'm studying medicine and I like to read about some new subjects. I'm in the 2nd year of study. Can you guys recommend me some books? I like hematology and immunology so far in my journey to be medic. I'd be more than thankful i you could link me some books , bonus points if they deliver world wide ( Romania )

Have you read before the novel Infinite Jest by acclaimed author David Foster Wallace?

No , I rarely read belletristic.

So , if someone has some suggestions , I'd like a medicine book based on a single disease but multiple diseases are good too.

Then just read it academically?

Are you asking for novels based on medicine or medical textbooks?

Susan Sontag, "Illness as Metaphor" and "AIDS and it's Metaphors"

Try a close reading of Infinite Jest by the inimitable Dave Foster Wallace

it is an incredible study of the pathology of addiction

read some Hippocrates

medical textbooks such as "Textbook of Biochemistry"
I like psychological books, I might buy it , sincerely

I looked it up, looks very interesting. Thank you user!

Any suggestions topic related are still welcome!

Bailey & Love's Short Practice of Surgery
Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine
Clinical Anatomy by Regions
Guyton and Hall's Textbook of Medical Physiology
Langman's Medical Embryology
Illustrated Textbook of Paediatrics (Sunflower)

Any of the clinical Oxford handbooks for light reading.

In all honesty, just ask your lecturers lol.

Have you heard of the Greeks?

All my teachers are kind of arrogant and I'm not a white sheep to them , sadly. Thank you for the suggestions. I wanted something more Illness related , some studies on it or textbooks for Hematology or Immunology , thank you anyways user , you're very kind

Yes , but are there any books like some Hippocrate or am I a fucking moron?

No, tell me about them, user.

bump

fist

Though it's not "fancy" enough for Veeky Forums standars, not that it matters for your question anyways, I'd highly recommend "Do no harm" by Henry Marsh, I really enjoyed the few parts I read as a medicine student myself, it will also show you how hard it can be, to become a neurosurgeon or a doctor in general, it will also "spook" you about what you'll have to deal with in the future probably, but it's well worth it.

Well , this is the only book related board on Veeky Forums, I thought you guys got everything. Thanks for your suggestion , though , I'll keep it in mind (:

Just sack up and ask your lecturers. They're the only ones with enough domain knowledge to point you in the right direction.

My uni has some books written by some students now medics but they don't seem to be that interesting. I don't really care about surgery , anatomy and physiology. I'm more into cells and the way they work. That's why I asked hematology for blood and immunology for anti bodies. I think I'll just use google.

Thank you for your time , anons!

Your lecturers will know all the textbooks in their field of research, and assuming they teach at all they'll know essentials for whatever general topic you want. They may even give you their copies of the books.

And on the side, taking initiative like this is a good way to get research positions or scholarships

William Burroughs' "Naked Lunch".

Possibly the greatest book ever written on drugs, sex trafficking, homosexuality, incarceration and capital punishment. All of these topics should be of interest to the public application of medicine.