ITT: Post suggestions for the new Veeky Forums sticky picture

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/

We need to stop procrastinating and get this thing done at some point...

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>sticky picture
You mean the banner contest?

In Classic Mechanics why is there no Serway and no Tipler - I used this and they are pretty good.

What are your opinions on Cohen for Quantum mechanics.

No for the new sticky OP (to be pinned on the front page).

The old site has many issues and deadlinks which is why we are moving towards the wiki page.

We can keep the old pic, but a lot of Anond had issues with the "timewasting" so I don't know.

Add them only if you think they are of significant quality, put them above or below Taylor depending on how you judge. (Physics is not my field so I couldn't tell you)

Just remember that most people reading the page are only going to take the first 1-2 recommendations, if you have more useful information add it in parenthesis ex. (good for self-study). The goal isn't to compile a list of all textbooks, but to -as far as possivle- recommend the most useful ones typically needed for a university quality education.

oh my god you are finally going to fix the retarded as fuck sticky?

your math guide seems decent. one suggestion though, you have given Calculus and Calculus based DEs very early on. analysis should be right after calculus, as real analysis is a very basic topic to learn. you wrote nothing about analysis based DEs either, so that would be good to add. I don't have a particular book recommendation, as I used a book in portuguese.

also I'd like to recommend Tao's Analysis I book for a friendly, first serious math book to read.

Classical Mechanics by Taylor is a more advanced book for those who have taken an introductory class in mechanics. It's great for self-study.

Serway and Tipler are more basic and used in intro classes. Not that great for self-study if you ask me, but the exercises are pretty good.

How about you clean up all the goddamn shitposting first?

Also you would delete this thread for being meta if the roles were reversed.

fuck off, this sticky is an improvement
nobody gives a shit that you're mad you didn't win your shitpost fight

I'm not a mod you know...the Veeky Forums sticky is a collaborative effort from all posters, once we've decided on a picture we will make a thread to be stickied and then report/post on /qa/ untill a mod stickies it/makes a OP to be stickied.

That's how we did the previous one anyway.

I'll be recovering from a surgical procedure for the next few days, and I'll have nothing to do but flood Veeky Forums until you faggots do your job :^)

you did the previous one? holy fuck

>It is a distillation of the Internet for the science & math-minded individual; in other words, the last bookmark you will ever need.

please keep it free of cringe this time

>your job
a mod wouldn't reply to you, you idiot. it's people of Veeky Forums telling you to fuck off

>you did the previous one?
No, I contributed to some of it in the threads, the Anons who maintained the old site aren't around anymore which is part of the problem. We want a clean one that everyone can edit without needing to go through the retarded processes we did with the old one.

>please keep it free of cringe this time
Ideally we only want bare minimum information on every page with the best textbook recs. Try to minimize use of URLs as well since the old one is like ~70% deadlinks at this point. Rather use textbook names as in the current style.

By the old one you mean this one sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/
?

Yes.

Broken leg bro? Lets shipost this place into oblivion. I am also forced to waste my time anyway

>lazy brainlet says he's "forced" to waste his time
such is the life of the intellectually inferior

Bumping in case more contributors can help.

>says another timewasting inferior, lying to himself that this is not so

>In Classic Mechanics why is there no Serway and no Tipler

Because those are freshman physics books and not junior level.

I studied 10 hours today
what about you?

Yeah don't put them in.

Not him, but I jerked off 2 times and will study tomorrow... I promise senpai

user...stop doing that.