27, no job, no home of my own, no hope, no future. Beginning to see nothing for me on the horizon

27, no job, no home of my own, no hope, no future. Beginning to see nothing for me on the horizon.

What should I read to try and pull me out of this rut, Veeky Forums?

This is not a cry for help, it is a simple request for guidance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1jD9huEwC5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dude get literally any job, even part time at a grocery store or waiting tables or something

you don't need to read anything... this is one of those life situations where you just kind of nut up and take care of what needs to be done man. good luck.

the holy bible

not op but i am a sperg age 22 who has never had a job and my anxiety and insecurity of never having a job scares me away from applying

do you have any qualifications?

not even highschool senpai

do some volunteer work, at least make connections

are there any labour agencies? I was a neet who'd never had a job and got hired for manual labour

bro

there is l i t e r a l l y no way that any job you get is scarier/worse for you than just sitting at home

you can't read your way out of asperger's.

i might get a haircut and start looking for work tomorrow.

mcdonalds is always hiring

What is a labour agency? not OP

aka temp agency

Why don't you just fucking lie?

If it's a low wage job that you're after, just fucking lie on your application. Tell them references are available on request.

If they ever ask to see references (they won't), just quit.

go to the gym or kill yourself. or kill yourself at the gym. stick your head under the machine weights while some beast isn't looking and it will all be over.

do something creative and stick to it while also working a shit job. Gotta have that slash: i'm a ditchdigger/writer. Good luck you handsome son of a bitch

Not that user but I worked for a temp agency for a while, it's like you work for different companies without actually being an employee of that company, like UPS. I actually worked at a college textbook rental warehouse for a couple months, it was shit but I made pretty decent money.

What if I fail?

What if I crush my head only slightly, and then I end up in hospital and have the indignity of police searching the CCTV to discover I purposely wedged my fucking head in a machine like a fucking sandwich.

How do I explain that?

Sounds like a good move user. Get out there.

Anxiety is out of control bruh. It's really fucking bad.

Feel like I'm kind of old to get into something creative now, as if that ship has passed?

How can I ever become proficient enough at something I start at the age of 27, competing with people who started much younger?

Although I like the cut of your jib. It's much more positive and actually motivating. It would be great to have a bit of hope in my life, something to work toward and excell at.

Explain to them that you are depressed and wish to die, you might get the help you need.

is trying to kill yourself a crime or something. who cares?

>stick your head under the machine weights while some beast isn't looking and it will all be over.

hell ya death by chad, or like go to a boxing gym and volunteer to spar a pro boxer, then when u realize u didn't die and whipe all the blood off your face and go home you'll notice in addition to you swollen eye and lips that ur balls are also swole and ur will to live will slowly return

obamacare might not cover it if he deliberately squished his brain

UK. Free healthcare bruh :)

>27
>old

maybe on Veeky Forums

Is /r9k/ leaking again?

woah that sucks. here in Canada if you wanna an hero it's now legal and we'll do it for you. Pretty sweet.

>Veeky Forums

>reddit

Ship definitely hasn't sailed. One year of creative focus = a lifetime of normie studying art/literature/videogame design or whatever

Most people fail/quit because they end up with a job they like and a wife and kids etc.

Go all-in, babe.

no joke man, i've been there.

1. start talking to everyone you meet

2. sign up for a group class/activity/gym thing, i do MMA but it could be whatever. i have never regretted going, even if forcing myself out of the house is a bitch and a half. i feel way better after this.

3. clean your kitchen

>clean your kitchen

This and your room, sleeping in a cluttered and dirty room is awful. You might look at it and be overwhelmed but at least start. Put some music on, take care of laundry, get rid of shit you don't need, sweep, reorganize, etc. It helps.

Thanks mate really appreciate it.

Next task: Find a creative passion.

I suppose getting out the house each day is important.

Also start reading literature. Really no better way of affirming the ordinary life. Tolstoy, Dickens, Chekhov, Dosty, Hemingway, Conrad, etc. stay away from edgy bs (in general, not because it'll send you down into some black pit but because it is bad literature)

lmao clean your kitchen. back when I was addicted to coke, after a good binge, before I could fall asleep I would clean my house. to make me feel less shitty. always worked.

No problem. Go for screenwriting or something or even start a business. Gotta leverage what you have: free time, no family commitment, no financial responsibility, swimming against the tide away from the masses. It's a more unique position to be in than you think, especially if you actually get after it and pursue with focus.

The world was tamed by men who were passionate autists

Is Kerouac okay?

You have to be seriously (physically) ill otherwise you will end up in a mental ward for a couple of nights instead.

>start talking to everyone you meet

this is the key, when i was in the rock bottom depth of aspergery shutiness i set a quota that i had to make small talk with at least one person a day, preferably the opposite sex, then after that for a semester i started to turn normal and even got laid but it's like a diet or working out, if u get too comfortable and lazy and start to skip days u will go back to ur social anxiety bergers ways, but then u just get back to it...join a gym or get a salesy wage job that forces u to talk to customers can help you a lot, but at the minimum talk to someone every day, i mean someone new that u don't know, calling up your mom or crying to that chick who friendzoned u in high school doesn't count

We're similar, but I am slightly less pathetic. I have a job making 12.50 and it's alright, but no future. I've been coming to grips with the fact that I will never own a house, have children, or any semblance of a successful, happy life. Call it a spook if you'd like.

But reading won't really help you. Nothing will help you but discipline. Self actualization and freedom requires discipline, silence, concentration, and a strong will. It will not be achieved in comfort. It is difficult, but the most valuable lessons are always difficult. So are the most valuable lives.

Though trite, the advice to 'go lift' is important as it will instill discipline in you. When you lift you may decide to ameliorate your diet to improve your performance. And so on...

>I've been coming to grips with the fact that I will never own a house, have children, or any semblance of a successful, happy life. Call it a spook if you'd like.

I had been coming to grips with this too until I met a chick I want to marry and have kids with...now I realize the only way I will ever have a house children or any kind of middle class existence is to start a business...which i sort have started doing, and actually i doubled my income two years in a row now, so who knows what could happen lol i just hope that chick is down to wait for me to get my money up, but she showed me love when i was broke and almost homeless so when i have money she's the one i want to share it with...

This. You don't even need to go all religious nut... but the bible genuinely is fucking powerful. Also, read more. Life is long, my friend. You are only twenty seven years old. Many visionaries died in poverty, disease ridden, starving... until the very end...

>''And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.'' - Revelation 9:6

>“Man, as the animal that is most courageous, most accustomed to suffering, does not negate suffering as such: he wants it, even seeks it out, provided one shows him some meaning in it, some wherefore of suffering.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

OP find a job washing dishes, I did and it's a pretty great place to work. You get to listen to music all day and the waiters don't bother you much. Just make sure you're fast and efficient. Since your back of the house the manager wont care if you're a total freak. I know I am a weird guy but everyone at my job treats me with respect because I do my job well.

Trust me OP just find a job where you can work by yourself. If people give you shit for being the way you are, fuck'em. That's what I've learned. My brain is fucked, I can't relate to people, I used to try to be "normal" but I realized it's a waste of time. Now I live how I want to live.

Which is reading books, smoking weed, and writing humorous short stories.

TLDR: FUCK EVERYONE AND DO WHAT YOU WANT.

I respect you my man

What kind of small business?

>1. start talking to everyone you meet
Doesn't work when you're ugly and poor.

Also curious about the business, or at least what you read/did to get started

This. I worked as a sever at a restaurant, and our dishwasher was this awkward guy who would barely mumble hello whenever people passed by him and said hey, but we didn't mind it because he did his work. Jobs in the back of restaurants are bretty gud. Heck, if you're a little better than that, you could even bus tables.

I like this one, kid. I want the 5k to 10k words story on my desk by Tuesday.

>Many visionaries died in poverty, disease ridden, starving

Well, that's reassuring.

Lie about your experience nobody gives a shit as long as you can perform

It really is.
What do you seek? Fame? Power? Money?
If you want any of these things then go into business, go into marketing, whatever. Do not become a writer.
You could write some Harry Potter tier trash, sure... but really, how could you settle for this after reading great works and knowing what is possible?

Many great writers, innovators, thinkers, musicians, etc... All received recognition posthumously. This is not a bad thing.
If you are truly devoted, you won't mind dying in a hole for the sake of your beloved work. Work that you have poured your entire life into.

Dosetevesky's crime and punishment or The dream of a ridicoulous man , will make you feel somewhat better but will not help you with anything.

>>Many great writers, innovators, thinkers, musicians, etc... All received recognition posthumously.
Like who? Tell me the percentage of these thinkers that had shit lives and never got anywhere? This is simply not true. The only thing that is somewhat true is that they didn't achieve recognition in THAT specific field, but they still had good lives outside of that, because if they didn't, they wouldn't even have the fucking leisure time and a calm enough mind to engage in these activities.

>Who is Herman Melville?

Do you have mental retardation? Dude had a perfectly normal life, a bunch of well paid jobs, a family, and he traveled around the entire fucking world on ships and whatnot? What the fuck are you on about.

Laughing, dude. I applied for a grocery store that said they were hiring and got fuck all. I applied to a shitty little local hardware store and was told I needed more retail experience for stocking.

After one hundred different tries I have pretty much given up and I am hoping someone I know will give me a job so nepotism can work for me.

Are you fucking stupid?
Look it up yourself, you're the one asking for advice, you cunt.

There are literally fucking thousands of artists, writers, musicians, etc... that died in sheer fucking poverty. They didn't have a ''good life'' outside of anything. They suffered, some of them for 80-90 or so years... And you're here moaning because you have no job? Milton was fucking blind, starving and living in destitution when he wrote Paradise Lost.
Van Gogh died penniless in 1890 at the age of 37 by his own hand, his last words were ''The sadness will last forever''
William died poor and unknown, considered "mad" by everyone around him.
These are just the ''big names'' the list goes on...

*William Blake

>Van Gogh died penniless in 1890 at the age of 37
Van Gogh was literally financially supported all of his life by his brother, who went even so far to help him in life as to find him friends to talk to and chicks to fuck.

just leave the house everyday, even just to buy a drink from a store, go on a long walk, join a gym
go around to stores and ask for applications
get a plant or a fish to take care of
clean your room, don't let food plates and empty cans or whatever pile up

''HE TOTALLY HAD MORE HELP THAN ME, HE WAS PRIVILEGED DESPITE GROWING UP IN A TIME WHEN THERE WAS NO INTERNET, NO RUNNING WATER, NO ELECTRICITY...''

Jesus dude, just fucking kill yourself if you think this is some sort of ''oppression Olympics''
What about the others I mentioned, three from a list probably thousands of names long... Not gonna debunk those? Just ignore them and carry on as usual I guess...

Enjoy your life, mate. Keep feeling sorry for yourself.

>28
>living with my mom
>disqualified from college due to shit grades
>no job
>no money
>no friends

lift weights

>Milton

>Milton's father's prosperity provided his eldest son with a private tutor
>University of Cambridge
>embarked upon a tour of France and Italy
>met famous theorists and intellectuals of the time
>He was supported by his father's investments,

Are you fucking trolling or are you really this much of a retard that you have the opposite view of factual events based on the hamster of retardation that's eaten your brain and took shelter in your fucking watermelon of a head?

join a monastery or start selling your ass (no homo)

like I said above, just lube up and get pounded

a labour agency is a euphemism for a male brothel

sure but then there are aristocrats like Tolstoy who lived the good life

to all the other neets without jobs, all you have to do is throw away your dignity forever, start doing squats, and going gay for pay

no
spending time reading is better than spending time playing video games or on here

on that note: go to church, doesn't matter if you believe or not, you could also get involved and help out there maybe meet people
not just a vanity thing, I guarantee you'll feel better doing some sort of exercise on a regular basis

>HERP DERP INTERNET MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHING
Fuck off retard.

Lol keep being a fucking loser then you faggot, i don't really care. It's your life that your fucking wasting, sitt sulking like teenager

''waaaaaaaahh i have anxiety, i cant get a jobb waaaaaah... whats that grandad? yeah i know when u was my age u had to fyt in a war and get shot at but thats different cos i have this fing called social anxiety and basically i cant even support myself coz i like being lazy too much and i have a long list of excuses to chuck at u otherwise so ye stop makin me feel bad''

find out yourself
i wouldn't care if you died tomorrow. why the fuck do people expect other people to do all of the work for them?
it's your life. if you want to find answers, look yourself you fucking inbred fuck

Nice argument brosefisarionovich.

Find out what? You claimed lies. I found out the truth. What the fuck else do I have to find out?

also shower everyday or at least wash your face even if you're just going straight back to bed

It's true dude. Social anxiety is a fucking meme. You know what it is? Lack of willpower. Lack of discipline. Lack of character.
What, you think one day you could just wake up and be a ''man''? No, my friend. There are certain experiences you must overcome before you are comfortable in any situation.

>claimed lies
It's fucking widely known that all of those people I mentioned either died in poverty and/or unknown, or created their best work while in poverty and/or unknown. GIVE ME A SOURCE THAT STATES OTHERWISE, FUCKER

KYS, my man

shut the fuck up gay man

Nice moving the goalposts brohamster. Will you admit that you lied in the original claims or do you think I'm so stupid to start arguing against your new claims instead?

maybe getting into dumb arguments like this is another sign that you have to learn to spend your precious time on earth more wisely :)

Who moved the goal posts? As I said: FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF
Let me guess, all of those academics and historians must have got it wrong because user read a poorly worded article about how they all were born from vaginas and had mothers...

Take your Oppression Olympics back to Tumblr, you fucking idiot. Stop posting on Veeky Forums

>1. start talking to everyone you meet
How do people find things to talk about?

>>Who moved the goal posts?
That would be you bromer.

OP
LOOK AT THIS
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO END UP AS?
ARGUING ABOUT NOTHING FOR NO REASON?
GET OFF THIS WEBSITE
TAKE A SHOWER
CLEAN THINGS AROUND YOUR LIVING SPACE
CONTEMPLATE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH THIS PRECIOUS TIME
GO TO A GAS STATION AND BUY A SODA
TALK TO THE CASHIER
GO FOR A WALK
LISTEN TO JAZZ OR SOMETHING
TELL YOUR PARENTS YOU LOVE THEM
DROP ACID
APPLY FOR AN EASY JOB
BECOME DEPERSONILZED
REALIZE COMMUNITY IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
CONSIDER THE LOBSTER
WHATEVER
YOU DONT HAVE TO BE ALONE
YOU DONT HAVE TO FEEL BAD ABOUT SOLITUDE
DONT BE AFRAID TO XPRESS UR SELF
SHAVE
WRITE WHAT YOUVE BEEN FEELING DOWN
TRY TO BE POETIC
RIDE A BIKE
GO TO CHURCH
EAT 4 STEAK QUESARITTOS FROM TACO BELL
ALL OF OUR ACTIONS HAVE WEIGHT TO THEM WETHER OR NOT THIS IS THE ONLY CHANCE WE GET TO BE ALIVE OR WE LIVE THE SAME LIFE OVER AND OVER AGAIN
IT IS THE SAME
LIFT WEIGHTS IF YOU WANT
TALK TO YOURSELF ABOUT HOW CRAZY YOU SOUND TALKING TO YOURSELF
EMBRACE THIS SHITTY WORLD GODDAMN
EMBRACE WHAT YOU ARE
AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH

>EAT 4 STEAK QUESARITTOS FROM TACO BELL
He's trying to cheer himself up, user, let's not hand him a loaded gun.

I just really like steak quesoritos, you probably shouldnt actually eat four of them, at least not within a four hour time frame.

>calling up your mom or crying to that chick who friendzoned u in high school doesn't count
why so real...

>RIDE A BIKE
>GO TO CHURCH
>EAT 4 STEAK QUESARITTOS FROM TACO BELL
huh.

>consider the lobster
Kek

not him but:
youtube.com/watch?v=1jD9huEwC5c

24, no job, no home, ho nope, no future. Suicidal.

Don't read won't help. I've worked construction on and off and i can tell you that sometimes it's best not to think. It just gets in the way. Just say fuck it and go for anything.

I hope my situation doesnt continue, i'd rather be dead than another 3 years of this. Best of luck to you though.

thanks

Work hard.

Most people aren't actually good at anything.

>mfw reading this entire thread
Jesus Christ, are people who browse Veeky Forums actually this miserable in real life?
I have to wake up at 4 am Monday-Friday because my university is located far away from my house. What are you guys bitching about if it sounds like you're not even trying to get an education?

>I used to try to be "normal" but I realized it's a waste of time.

exactly, girls try to tease me and tell me i'm awkward and shit, but i don't care, there are always going to be chicks who don't care if i'm awkward with a weird intense autism, plus after chicks get hit in on by slick bros all day sometimes meet an authentic person is refreshing, if you meet enough people guaranteed some of them are going to dig you, if not oh well...

i learned this from working out with some rich dude in manhattan who was fucking awkward and a little bit due to poor social skills but he still got what he wanted in business and relationships anyways...basically being awkward doesn't matter as long as you get what you want, and if the idea of "getting what u want" makes u feel guilty then u need to develop ur balls

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

not op but elaborate on the creative focus because frankly i don't see how a year of a noob fucking around with whatever is going to be equal to a full education, even for a normie.

if u have to ax then u can't do it, u have to have the autism hubris where u just feel like if u immerse ur whole life in a topic in a couple years u'll be more gangsta than most niggas with a phd in it, if that doens't sound reasonable to u then u just not autistic enough, stay normie, bro

At least get a part time job how are you living now ?

>what needs to be done

Okay, suicide it is then

Understand these few facts, really understand and believe them, and you'll find it much easier to make progress.

Your job does not define you, and it is okay if your job is not your passion. Work to fund your passions, and make one of your passions to find work you can be passionate about.

You are not behind. It really is never to late to do something. Just go live.

You will not always be, and should not always be, happy. Suffering is relative, and so is happiness. If all of life is suffering, none of it is. If all of life is happiness, none of it is.

There are more, of course, but just allow abstract thought to have meaning and it will, because it does.

>What should I read to try and pull me out of this rut, Veeky Forums?

Epicureanism helped me frame things in a more objective light. Sure, the world sucks, but that doesn't really matter as long as you have some capacity to enjoy simple pleasures. Live a modest life free from society's pressure to make you compete in the rat race like everybody else. That's the key to happiness.

There aren't many surviving works on Epicureanism due to wars, book burnings, etc., but you should have no trouble finding a compilation of Epicurus' surviving letters. Epicurus said a lot about theoretical physics as well, so that stuff may or may not be boring to you. You can safely skip ahead to his letters on the subject of morality and human happiness.

If that interests you, then maybe you'll want to proceed to stoicism, which was partly influenced by Epicurean thought.

CAN ANYONE HERE GIVE A SUBSTANTIAL REASON OP SHOULD NOT AN HERO? go ahead and try