I made this thread on /b/ a few days ago but i figure this place would be more appropriate

I made this thread on /b/ a few days ago but i figure this place would be more appropriate

Have you guys ever experimented microdosing with LSD???

no but ive always wanted to try that or shrooms

No!!!?!

But I did go crazy when I was ~19 and spent two years spiraling into madness, hallucinating, and wandering around hearing things while rambling the most sensible nonsense sense!

T-That counts, right?

I have, and I did it for a week straight while I went to work (software engineer).

In general, I found micro dosing to be beneficial at work and loads of fun.

>In general, I found micro dosing to be beneficial at work and loads of fun.

could you elaborate more
i'm studying EE and programming
since i heard of it i thought it could be beneficial

I was loads more creative during meetings and when coding. All around it felt like I had more mental capacity (problems seemed "smaller") and was able to do all sorts of mental gymnastics that helped me problem solve in general.

I would definitely recommend going into the experience with problems you know you want to work on. You see things in an entirely different light.

Btw I was taking 75 ug per day, I guess that's on the upper end of "micro" dosing.

Yes. I didn't notice much aside from brighter colors, slight stimulation, and feeling generally uncomfortable all day long.

Though the LSD i used had been sitting in a drawer for over a year, and i heard it can degrade into less desirable molecules with more side effects.

>75 ug
micro from what i've read would be in the range of 10 - 15 ug
but 100 ug is the indicated dose for creative problem solving
also, i've only seen lsd on tabs
did you get it in liquid form??

Yeah I had it in liquid form. I've also done 600 ug at once. Talk about problem solving lol.

Lol
I thought of it
I guess a large dose at least once wouldn't be a bad thing

Y'all niggas need to read "be here now" by Richard Alpert

Psychedelics are shit. Wow, there's a colour differentiation, some visuals, and I feel faggy emotions such as love and empathy. All at the expense of feeling like complete utter shit with massive anxiety and dysphoria for the duration of the high. Amazing. Use some real drugs, kiddo.

What are some real drugs?

pls respond

I've done it a little bit...just take 1/4 of a tab, so like 25-35 micrograms in the morning. It's alright, makes things flow a little better, doesn't really fuck with your brain too much, but honestly I don't really feel it is worth it, psychedelics make it harder for me to think logically, microdosing doesn't really affect that much but after a few days it has little to no effect anyway, it just kind of seems like a waste of acid and a needless increase to your tolerance.

IMO, you will be much, much better served, by taking acid 1-2x a month in higher doses, in a better setting than just going to work/school, and avoiding microdosing, you will get the most out of the experience, be able to think things through in your life and keep things straight, and have plenty of time to readjust and ground your experiences in the real world. That might be a bit much for full-on tripping for some people, once every 1-2 months should work fine, using psilocybin instead works but I wouldn't recommend substituting other psychedelics such as DMT.

Psychedelics are all about perspective, if you wish to remain a productive and functional member of society then you need to remain attached to your own personal perspective but taking LSD or psilocybin to examine your life from an altered perspective and work through your internal problems and issues with an open mind can be extremely useful for your mental health, general well-being and ability to think creatively and solve problems.

LSD degrades mostly due to light exposure, if it was in a dark, mostly airtight drawer it should still be potent.

>has deep seated emotional issues and abuses hard drugs
>has a bad time when taking psychedelics forces him into an open minded perspective on his own life and all his problems
>would rather kill brain cells on stims or nod out for hours than face his issues

don't be this guy, kids

Stimulants only induce apoptosis in brain cells if you have major deficits in available antioxidants, which results in free radical cascades.

Most of this is the fault of dopamine's less than clean breakdown by MAO / autoxidation with iron.

(Barring more specific mechanics, like methamphetamine's methyl group changing its activity, or heroine's acetylization)

I have psychiatrists for depression, ocd, and anxiety. But i only took medication for depression.
Recently I have been having auditory hallucinations stone cold sober and havent touched drugs in at least 10 months. The hallucinations have gotten more vivid and more frequent.
Would microdosing or doing a full dose of LSD push me over the edge?
tl;dr if i think im going schizo is doing lsd a bad idea
Also what about shrooms?

>stimulants
>heroin

Many sedatives and hypnotics are actually simultaneously stimulants. The euphoria of opiates is a massive spike in dopamine release. The buzz of ethanol is... from a lot of things, but mainly activation of GABA-A results in release of dopamine (hence why phenibut does the same). It also generates salsolinol when broken down into acetylaldehyde then then forms condensates with dopamine and norepinephrine.

Etc. There are many true sedatives, but opiates are not among them.

I took LSD in the trees on top of a mountain once and spent at least 45 minutes trying to figure out why the snow had melted where the pine cones had fallen on the ground. I convinced myself that the pine cones were generating heat through chemistry and melting the snow. I still don't know (or care really) what the real reason is, as I'm pretty sure pine cones don't sustain chemical reactions. I do remember considering the possibility that the trees were beaming energy down to them, but I don't remember if it was me or one of my friends who came up with that idea. I also spent much longer than 45 minutes that day hitting a rock with a stick. I was to fascinated with the colors and sounds to realize how fucking retarded that was.

Long story short, drugs are fun. Small doses of shrooms can also be beneficial, but with either of these drugs, there's a very fine window between the threshold to feel anything and it no longer being a microdose.

With any amount of LSD though, I can't imagine wanting to be indoors. Apparently some people in silicon valley microdose and go to work, but that seems like a waste of good drugs to me. What I've found though is that even taking small doses of shrooms doesn't make me any more creative in ways that I would want to be. I feel like painting, but I've never been inspired to solve problems. I don't actually have real research problems though. Not at the moment. If I try it in the future and it helps then I'll make sure to document the story.

A little bit of sativa and some coffee always makes things come together and make more sense than before though.

no, weed is good enough for me. Have fun with the brain damage.

Weed gives you brain damage too.
Sorry man. Toxicity from excessive dopamine breakdown is just the nature of it.

>Have fun with the brain damage.
[citation needed]

Has anyone tried DMT? Now thats a real drug.

>from /b/
It shows

Amphetamines obviously, do you even Veeky Forums

I prefer to do a lot at once and get it over with in a day. I haven't micro-dosed because if I don't take enough to really trip hard I feel like the whole experience is a waste. Go hard or go home. Also I feel it takes less of a toll on the body when you take one decent sized dose than lots of small doses over a long period of time.

I have tried DMT and "broken through" so to speak. Now i'm a skeptic, really, however I often think that my trip was like looking through the windows of other universes, as pseudo-scientific that sounds.

Can someone gove more info on dmt. Does it "open your mind" any negative effects?

Weed is potentially making you dumb as fuck if you smoke regularly/started in adolescence. It's sad that it's taken as an opinion cause stoners are butthurt that weed isn't a magical no-side-effects natural substance thats cures everything.

Anyway, I don't think that the headspace even on a small dose would be optimal for doing work. Also you gain a lot of creativity but, for me at least, functional knowledge on LSD is non-existent. I spent 2 minutes yesterday trying to figure out what 26-8 equals.

I'm curious about DMT too.

Is 2C-E good for microdosing?