Post things that you like that aren't books, and c/lit/s post books that you would like based on that

Post things that you like that aren't books, and c/lit/s post books that you would like based on that.

I'll start:

>Twin Peaks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8
youtube.com/watch?v=go-uTBaVYsc
literaberinto.com/cortazar/torito.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty much all of Bergman's filmography. Persona and Cries & Whispers in particular

You might like the works of Paul Auster.

Hunter x Hunter

Zootopia

pussy

the feeling you get after you really need to piss, and then you piss, and it's a really long piss, maybe the longest piss you've ever had and you lean against the wall and the sensations running through your body are like an orgasm but not quite an orgasm but it's like so damn good.

Seriously though, like a really big piss. Like you remember this piece of trivia from when you were a kid about how a human bladder can only hold half a litre of piss, but you're sure this is closer to a litre.

Before I finish a shower, I like to make the water hotter and put my armpits up to it.

Hurts so good.

I like taking a poop and having it burn my asshole a little so when I go back to whatever I was doing I have this nice reminder of a great shit

idk like tao lin or something man

alice munro and probably rimbaud you fag
pushkin
flaubert

Urusei Yatsura

read Gargantua and Pantagruel

not books but the video game Deadly Premonition is one big love letter to Twin Peaks. You could try it but by the average vidya standard, its takes getting used to controls

my favorite anime series

Journey to the End of the Night

Infinite Jest

Any Murakami

Imagine if some absolute madman were to say CP, boy that would be interesting.

I bet that person would be interested to know of any books that matched that (quite wicked) interest.

Of course I wouldn't say that, because I hate hate hate that stuff. Ew gross.

death from above 1979

animal ears and tails. robot ears (and tails) are fine too

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I like writing songs with my guitar.

getting drunk by myself and wallowing in my loneliness

cute-in-the-face traps

Procrastination and self pity.

FLCL, specifically pic related and this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8

pens

Pokemon

In Cold Blood

"Bad things happen in America, who would have thought! In white America no less!"

Lolita

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

Spaceman Blues

All terrible suggestions made no-doubt by a pleb trying to fit in. Don't post if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

Kafka.

Not him but any Murakami works before of his descriptions of the mundane through his writings. However, the difference is that in Twin Peaks, their characters were interesting when talked about their mundane shit.

Murakami was an ok suggestion buy it's easy tell when a newbie or pleb simply spouts meme suggestions. This board should have a mandatory lurking period and exam before anybody is allowed to post. People like that are fucking ruining it.

GRRM

John Green

This applies to every post in this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=go-uTBaVYsc

>that aren't books

There's a Twin Peaks novel coming out in October that's meant to bridge the gap between the old and new series.

Pushkin is nothing like this what he wants is Jarry

BUT THAT'S NOT MEE BABE

gimme some real emotional meta shit

check out Laughing Stock, it's the better version of this album

Fishing with John

i dropped it after seeing that the opening scene was a bad ripoff of the red room and experiencing the pointless combat; is it actually worth playing through for the story?

Dada / Surrealism (paintings, artworks, haven't really read much of the literary movement apart from the manifesto tbqh)

Football

There will be blood

and Pic related

Agreed

Reverend Huuskonen's Beastly Manservant

I really think it fits. Even if I'm wrong, it's an enjoyable read and you can read it in one sitting

>tea had with pastries
>blackberries
>overstuffed quilts
>big shade trees
>shunga

Mexican boxing.

ITT : people post things they like, nobody makes recs. Just like any recs thread I guess

>Dada
Only recommendation you should listen to is one compelling you to commit suicide.

End of Evangelion

>he said, not posting recs or things he likes

I wish I had a book for you, but definitely watch FLCL if you haven't.

literaberinto.com/cortazar/torito.htm

What's wrong with dada? You don't like picabia?

I have done both in previous posts

Witch House, Psychedelic Drone

Martial arts
Geo-Caching
Humor
The 80's

Tim Hecker and Ben Frost

Dreams of Amputation by Gary Shipley. Nice choice.

Yes, to most people it is a terrible game like the game play and what not is cringe worthy but it is a fucking gem of a game it is so worth it

when is the fucking fortitude score gonna come out

I'd recommend Blindsight by Peter Watts, if you can stand the cynicism

Disco Inferno - DI Go Pop

Would contribute if I could, sorry guys I'm new to reading.

Thanks user, that title sounds amazing, hope I can find it online, book depository takes years to ship books
Science fiction with aliens, vampires and cynicism? This sounds oddly alluring

I'll make sure to read both your recs pretty soon

But that's wrong

...I'm gonna do it. Infinite Jest.

Robinson Crusoe

Relentlessly charming (Iji, it's free)

Theres honestly alot thats bad about the game and the devs admit to this as well but they did it all as a vehicle to their Twin Peaks love. In the end, it was all satisfying

Third Policeman
Hangsaman
>Hunter x Hunter
I don't know what that is, but
>Auster
Sophie Calle is some bookable shit, good taste.
Master and Margarita
Henry Miller
Sade.
Anthony Burgess has a thing about pissing too so long as it's called micturition. Wanting Seed is probably the closest example.
There's the opposite in Dreaming of Babylon, where how much can a human bladder hold is a key mystery.
Huysmans' Le Gousset
Again, Sade, but also Montaigne
I don't know what that is but I'll go out on a limb and say you might like Green Mansions by W.H. Hudson based on the gif alone.
or Sade if straight, or Duvert/Beauvoir if you're gay
Again I don't know what that is, but if it's literal death from above: A Case of Exploding Mangoes
Island of Dr Moreau
Lord of The World
Penguin Classics
No Longer Human
Myra Breckinridge; Breakfast on Pluto
Those Barren Leaves
Don't know what this is either. Region blocked. Camus, if I'm guessing from pic related.
Voyage of The Beagle
House of Earth
Sorry, busy listening to Talk Talk for the next while.
Trout Fishing in America
>Football
This makes me want to say Nick Hornby some of his other books like How To Be Good you'd probably like because of There will be Blood
Beckett, later Joyce read aloud, Flann O'Brien and magical realism like Borges or Bioy Casares are probably closer to what you got from the visual side. Howl by Ginsberg is about a Dadaist. Most Dadaist stuff itself isn't intended to be good, but it is fun to heard about.
>girly lists
Sei Shonogon. EF Benson --not to be confused with the Lord of the World Benson-- too
fuck you I'm going as fast as I can. Also The Greeks babby
we need an /a/ translation chart
I don't even know if these are anime. Philip K Dick anyway
Richard Burton
Burroughs
If on a winter's night a traveller...
Don Quixote or Candide or any picaresque really

>EF Benson

Thank you, user--I'd never heard of him, but it does sound like stuff I'd be interested in. And I definitely do love Sei Shonagon, I have four versions of the Pillow Book just in English translation.

You are doing God's work, user.

this is a fantastic post user

thank you

HOLD THE FUCK UP

i swear to fucking GOD that level design is ripped straight from Micro Man

anyone see what i'm talking about? anyone?/?

I have a hardon for coffee aesthetic tbqh

Pleasures and Pains of Coffee by Balzac. Or anything Viennese.

i really enjoy dog memes

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Dog

Cheers for the recs based user here.
Yeah I've yet to read Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby, quite enjoyed High Fidelity so thank you for reminding me to put this on my to read list.

Dubliners is the next book I'm going to read, never read Joyce before. Why read it aloud though? Something to do with the vivid descriptions?

Thanks for the other recs as well, haven't read many latin wirters desu so adding those as well, seem pretty interesting!

You're doing a fantastic work, user, there should be more people like you

>Why read it aloud though? Something to do with the vivid descriptions?
A lot of Ulysses and Finnegans Wake are sounds. It's a bit like Trainspotting makes sense if you read it in a Scottish accent for the Scottish chapters, except you have to read all the letters aloud to work out Joyce meant [[wave sounds]] or [[sound of falling down a gangplank]]. Dubliners doesn't have as many parts that need to be read aloud to understand what the sounds mean; much easier than Trainspotting even.

>latin
kek, i know what you mean but i died a litte. Invention of Morel is really short and easy to find if you want to knock a Latin American author out fast.

>Implying I wouldn't already love both

They are both absolute masterpieces, but SoE is more enjoyable to me.

I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying.

>latin
Yeah, sorry about that, I should be ashamed of myself, having studied latin in school and being from a ''''''latin'''''' country as well.
My Spanish is quite poor, should I read a French or English translation? Or should I man up and try to the original source content?

There's a good English translation of it from NYRB, but the vocab/structure isn't too hard in Spanish if your Spanish is the same level as English.
I don't know about French translations, sorry.

I like prostate massage.

Richard Linklater, specifically "Slacker" and "It's Impossible To Learn To Plow By Reading Books"

Ok, cheers. Probably gonna pick up that translation, my English is much better than my Spanish, that's for sure

someone tell me the obsession of cherry pie and coffee in this show?

It's a metroidvania you fucking retard.

no i mean that exact level i recognize it

Is "Plow" any good?

I loved Slacker.

Final Fantasy VII?

gravitys rainbow, ive heard

YEHA I HAVENT READ THE MEME TRILOGY YET! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT NERD?!?

Fuck yeah I'm almost halfway done with the second season. I tried the twin peaks subreddit but it was all cosplay because Reddit is dumb.

I forgot to say the metamorphosis or American gods.

me neither

Sorry, didn't play it. Don't know if Daniel Remar ripped it off, would be surprising.

"oblivion access" by lil ugly mame and his accompanying piece of literature "clowns & browns"

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch
Madoka
Tokyo Ghoul (not anime)

Arsenal Football Club

and please no nick hornby or gay stuff

geography

George V. Higgins

also weeb pls go