Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums,

I fear that I might have lung cancer.

I've been having these random chest pains that've kept coming back with months interlude.

>Description of chest pains:
>Comes out of nowhere, and feels like something is sticking into my lungs, as if my chest-bones are spiking my lungs
>if I take shallow breaths or hold my breath it tends to dim down untill it goes away

I am 16 years old (never smoked), and I am going to the doctor this week. But I would just like to hear some of you online-doctors opinions, whether I should actually prepare for something bad or if I can relax.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xXpZj_hqEAA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precordial_catch_syndrome
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I fear that I might have lung cancer.
>I am 16 years old (never smoked)

>Wanting the opinions of online high schoolers or people who have have taken bio 101
>Not wanting to go to an oncologist.
What are you expecting anyone here to give you?

I think there's asbestos in our bathroom.

Tiles have been breaking off, and there's a weird smell coming from it (the bathroom) even if we open the windows for 3 hours.

>I dropped out of freshman year
>I claim to have made amazing discoveries in chemistry

I hope you get a painful death OP :)

Asbestos is just a fibrous mineral, it's almost everywhere. If it's shiny white / silver fibers, it could be asbestos.

As a rule, you need consistent high exposure to be at risk of cancer, If you were exposed to asbestos a lot as a child, I suppose it could have an impact by 16. Very unlikely though.

Get checked. But realize they also might want to x-ray or CT your chest, if you really push. Both of which... use ionizing radiation, which can cause cancer.

You probably don't have cancer.

Wait, wait, wait. I just read your initial post more thoroughly. What you're describing is something I used to have occasionally. I would go to breathe in and feel as though my lung had gotten hooked on some piece of bone, or some such. I would exhale fully, wait, breathe in, and then it would no longer occur.

Doesn't happen at all at this point. Stopped when I was ~19-20.

>so butthurt he's been following me around a Mongolian ankledancing forum making irrelevant attacks to whatever I post
This is both sad and funny. Sad that someone can be so upset over the work of an anonymous person and funny that they fail to realize that I post with the trip on precisely to piss them off therefore just post more when you show your asspain

Wasn't there a rule about people under 18 being on this site?

youtube.com/watch?v=xXpZj_hqEAA

I had the same problem, it is caused by the muscles, when they are very tense in that area. Dry and cold weather can cause that pain, also driking cold water when being warm, even stress can cause it.

Try taking some B complex

What a shitty troll you are. He commented like two fucking lines, you are the one who has taken it seriously.

Yup. Just report and move on.

Nice samefag. You've given the same "lol dropout" to everything I post in like three threads today, If that's not butthurt I don't know what is. All I am doing is pointing out that all you're achieving is to reinforce the reason why I trip in the first place.

Stop making this shit about you, I am paranoid as hell right now.

How much is bleeding from the mouth to the nose defined as? And for how long does it have to last (till I die/get the cancer removed?)?

Alright thx for that guys, calmed me down a bit :)

But I once read genes could have something to do with it aswell?

Look man if you're serious 16 year olds don't get lung cancer. Most cancers are a disease of old age i.e 40+ years of smoking. Second of all if you really have been exposed to asbestos not only does what I said earlier still apply but the cancer it causes is actually mesothelioma not lung cancer. The worst thing I can think of is you may have a congenital heart defect therefore go to the doctor. ASAP.

>But I once read genes could have something to do with it aswell?
It can't be predicted whether you'll have a genetic predispostion to a certain cancer.

Organisms are machines. Everything has a spectrum of vulnerabilities that can present in certain conditions, but most of this spectrum is useless and doesn't aid risk assessment very well. It just creates anxiety.

>implying Nonsmkers can't get lung cancer
>Even implying that smoking causes lung cancer to begin with

You do not belong on this board.

Youre 16 and you dont smoke. Its probably a muscle spasm. Youre going to get a chest xray that will tell you you are fine.

Unless you have a chronic nagging cough, have been coughing up blood, have been losing weight unexpectedly, have unexplained fevers, have night sweats where you wake up dripping with sweat, live in a third world country, work in a mine/factory, or have a family history of lung disease you literally have nothing to worry about.

Unless you are super tall and lanky and workout a lot because those kids tends to classically get spontaneous pneumothoraces.

And yes smoking causes lung cancer you fuckign mongs

t. Medfag

I know exactly what you have.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precordial_catch_syndrome

Read this page and you'll realize that it describes exactly what you're feeling. It's harmless.

>they fail to realize that I post with the trip on precisely to piss them off therefore just post more when you show your asspain

I get this pain under my ribs that wont go away maybe once a week.

Its because im low on either magnesium, potassium, sodium or calcium. Doctors orders.

$40 blood test will solve your cancer concern, but a psychologist needs to help you get over your hypochondria

are you sure its not heartburn?