Is the difference between a mentally retarded person and a normal person the same as the difference between genius and...

Is the difference between a mentally retarded person and a normal person the same as the difference between genius and a normal person?

What about a retarded genius?

No.

>le genius meme :-)

no such thing

why?

If there are people with brains that make them less mentally capable than others then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume there are people with brains that make them more mentally capable than others?

I used to be slightly bias against mentally retarded/arrested individuals, however upon realising that the average person is typically inept when it comes to reasoning and largely uneducated, I changed my stance.

Do I consider the difference between myself and the average person equivalent to the difference between said person and a mentally retarted individual?

No, the gap is smaller in relation to processing power and the potential for advancing cognitive abilities.

However, the gap still exists and the principle is identical, therefore I am no longer prejudiced against tards.

I see the majority of people as tards, who place along a tard spectrum of sorts.

The difference between a mentally retarded person and a normal person is the same as the difference between a normal person and an intelligent person.
The difference between a retarded person and an intelligent person is the same as the difference between an intelligent person and a genius.

this

>I see the majority of people as tards, who place along a tard spectrum of sorts.
that's deep mang

>stephen hawking 30 tard units ahead of Einstein

naw

Chris is a brainlet.

It depends on context and how you measure the "ends of same", I think. The answer is "generally yes but not always". People with lesser cognitive ability have depreciating chances of making "leaps" or "revelations", so they're kinda stuck in the "i just discovered i can't pound square pegs through round holes" routine on a regular basis. People of average intelligence can surprise the fuck out of you, but you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

Yeah wtf, never even heard of this Langan guy seems like he's more of a brainlet than the average Veeky Forums poster.

He has a self-reported IQ of 210, yet he hasn't managed to achieve anything with it. He's your average Veeky Forumsentist.

He seems like the final evolution of pop-sci faggotry
From his wiki page:
>In a 2014 radio interview, Langan said that he has worked on the P versus NP problem and thinks he can prove that P does not equal NP.[20]

Yet he's never written a technical paper, or even fucking spoken in technical terms about anything as far as I can tell.

Pretty much, he also said he can prove the existence of God through mathematics
>mfw he doesn't give the mathematics to prove it

NP = God
Therefore
P =/= NP
Quod Erat Demonstrandum

NP = God
P = god
Therefore
P = NP
Quod Erat Demonstrandum

-1/12=-1/12

seems legit.

It sure does
t. Chris Langan

>>In a 2014 radio interview, Langan said that he has worked on the P versus NP problem and thinks he can prove that P does not equal NP.[20
What actually is the big deal about either conclusively showing that's true or false?

TRUE = it would mean a lot of shit. We could in theory make super advanced AI, solve complex problems that we can't at them moment, etc.
FALSE = not much will change, since we generally assume it's false, since we have never managed to make a single algorithm showing otherwise.

I have an iq of around 70-80, should i even bother having any intellectual pursuits?

Take your pedophile cartoons back to

Of course! Brain is very good at making itself better at anything, so if you want any "intellectual pursuits" then you can have them. Also, you shouldn't care about your IQ score, most of these tests are bullshit, especially those on iq test websites or in schools.

>The average iq of my race is 70
>i'm 5'4
>dropped out of high school
Feels like i was fucked from the start, why would god do this to me?