/tea/ general

/tea/ general, old one is almost at bump limit

Some info and faq: pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX
I put the sites the previous OP put in and a few more blogs, If there are objections state them.

What is in your cup today?

Other urls found in this thread:

mij.com.au/tableware/tea/grey-check.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/35-Different-Flavors-Famous-Tea-Chinese-Tea-including-Oolong-Puer-Black-Green-White-Herbal-Flower-Tea/1269947_1943306261.html
amazon.com/Stash-Tea-Double-Bergamot-Count/dp/B000CQC05U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Finishing off a packet of Yame Green today, somewhere between a gyokuro and a sencha, reminds me of a freshly cut lawn.
It's a long time until next spring.

I got some Clipper tea and was surprised by how mild it is. Normally one bag of Lyons turns the water a deep dark brown but I could barely taste the Clipper when I added milk.
I live in mainland Europe for now so I can't get Lyons, mainly hippie brands (Pukka, Clipper) and that Lipton, Teekanne, Nordqvist etc rubbish. Any good Euro brands I could look into? I like my tea bagged and with a string.

Or do you guys mostly talk about chink teas?

waiting for my yuuki cha order with a couple green teas. Might finally get a nice little kyusu soon

I don't think this is guac, Jeb.
Having some dank as fuck icetea again. Life is good.

>Or do you guys mostly talk about chink teas?
Really just loose leaf tea in general, you won't find many people talking about bagged tea in a positive way.

Spring 2015 imperial Yunnan dong ting bi Luo chun white tea

decent but probably won't buy again, white tea isn't normally my thing but I bought it on a whim.

Pretty sure the bump limit in ck is 300, previous one was at 200 still

Having this Assam with milk, sugar, and whiskey. Been sick since Thursday.

so we post here or what

Thought bump on ck was 200?

the replies count becomes italicized when it hits bump limit.

Should I Veeky Forums. First entry into oolong territory.

Seems pretty good. Want to order some oolongs too, waiting for my puer to come to pull the trigger

You don't need three different types. For real just get one and see how you like it then work into the subtler flavours

I'm user here. These looked too cheap to be good so is it better to find more expensive ones? I don't think I've seen those Menghai cakes for $2 online anywhere.

I'm also thinking about buying a kyusu/Japanese teapot for my sencha/houjicha, most likely a glazed one for my first. Would something like the one in this link be good enough if I drink alone?

mij.com.au/tableware/tea/grey-check.html

Filters from this store are all steel mesh FWIW.

Drinking a cup of Earl Grey Cream (vanilla oils). It's so fucking good.

I ended up not liking Lapsang Souchong all that much, but I still have a bunch left over.
What should I do with it?

Contrary to popular believe tea isn't much cheaper in china than it is here. 10 yuan crap is shit there, and shit here. Do not buy your stuff outside of actual tea stores, not in some mall either. Actual, dedicated tea shops. If there are locals, they're probably decently priced. Not great, but at least you won't be ripped off.

I'm back.

Straight rose petals this morning. Much better than you think and no sugar needed

drinking the red buffalo oolong from what-cha
im considering buying a bunch direct from the wholesaler, this stuff is great
my package had a royal mail label and it showed up on a usps holiday
didn't see what carrier dropped it off

The only difference is that in the west you cant get high end stuff, only medium end, sometimes at an inflated price, while in china you can get the premium stuff, it isnt cheap though

Hey.
That's not tea.

Isn't just one oolong way too limited? These 3 are all supposed to be different after all.

Cook with it or gift it to someone who likes it.

I'm not too sure, as High end is too expensive for me, but I think chadao has some pretty high end stuff, so does cha-shifu. Maybe check them out?

>drinking bagged shit

Haven't tried the others, but I can vouch for that DHP. Lovely stuff.

Hong Kong-style milk tea > Taiwanese Bubble tea

Just wanted to say this.

teabags are like the mcdonalds of tea
there is a reason it is looked down upon
good tea does not come in bagged from and even if you stuff nice tea into bags
the fact that the tea leaves can not move around freely and can not fully expand also hold back the flavor

oolong is very nice and has great variety in terms of flavor
i also placed an order for differet oolongs on yunan sourcing because of the sale
you should definitely try some

Hua Xiang is one of my favorite lower priced Wuyis from YS. I'd say go for it.

>Be Scandibro
>Buy bag of tea at immigrant shop that sells loose weight
>Its too mild

Tea smoked duck breasts

Hibiscus,lemon and honey. Delicious.

Try it cold brewed.

What could it be?

Well seeing that this is the /tea/ general, I'm guessing it's tea

Can I get some good no-caffeine recommendations please? I'm highly allergic to caffeine (bad migraines), so I can only have the 100% caffeine free stuff.

Whoaaaa handwritten note

How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Oh and this, friend wanted it

Honeybush

is this bait?
stick to water hadicaped faggot

>kenya
enjoy your ebola

Damn, that's so much tea. I try not to buy that much because I don't want them to oxidise too quickly but it's exciting to see a haul like that.

Love that they gave you a sample recommendation too, even if it's only 10g.

Oh, just saw that they're pretty much all 10g. Nice intro pack, I think I might try it.

Whatcha gonna try first?

pretty shitty tbqh sempai. those are some borderline experimental leaves.
why didn't you order starter set with white, green, black, oolong and puerh?

also that note is some next level faggotry.

I asked like 2 weeks ago and people said that this starter was best

:(

well, enjoy your cheeky quirky samples. that's what you get from listening to weebs from this thread.

>Mr. Ramiz's Hand-Made Black Tea
oh my fucking god

but do report on gaba oolong, after chinalife's Pajeet did a video on that, I'm interested

>not realizing ebola was located on the west coast and kenya is on the east. Nice geography learning, ameriturd.

well, I take that back, he's got a medal for his accomplishments. well done Mr. Ramiz!

was drinking pic related earlier today, 4011 rated (don't ask me what that means) chun me
it's the cheapest loose leaf tea I ever bought, cost around €3 for 250g

all in all I thought it would have been worse

this week I've finished both my oolong and green tea from bbté, great shop in Valencia's central market, these guys have reeeally really good tea for pretty damn cheap
shame they don't ship stuff

Listen here you sausage
My mammy has been brewing bagged tea since I was a young boy, as did her mammy and her mammy's mammy. Nobody has the kind of time, autism or homosexual tendencies needed to sit around and sift Indian slave grass out of their mug all day. I don't care about flavour, I care about the strength and I need the strongest bagged tea I can get. Now tell me where I can get some in Europe or fuck off back to your gay communist cuckold festival or whatever it is you godless savages do on a weekday.

Idk. Any recommendations?

try pg tips and fuck off back to Georgia you anime loving mongoloid

>PG Tips
>British piss water

you and me well know you don't deserve better, now git

I googled that for ya:
>It has a dusty appearance and is generally more acidic and less sweet than other green teas. It was originally produced only in the Chinese Jiangxi province, but is nowadays also grown elsewhere. The tea is divided into several grades with numbers. Some examples are: 41022, 4011, 9371, 8147, 9367, 9366, 3008 or 3009. The number 41022 in this case represents the highest quality while number 8147 consists practically only [sic] broken leaves.

the Korean one is pretty nice.
other ones I tried out of that pic are the Zomba pearls, the red buffalo and the wild boar.

Mr. Ramiz is living the dream.

no yea thanks I mean, I had read that, but I couldn't be bothered enough to find anything more specific
that even isn't really clear because if 41022 is best and 8147 is pretty bad already, what do the other 4 numbers on the right mean?
I am grateful for your thought but please stop bothering with that stuff, it's not important really

well so being a fucking pleb runs in the family
no wonder you try to prove you are tough by blowing some meaningless insults my way
how retarded do you have to be to ask about bagged shit on a chinese image board under the section cooking without accepting some critisim
go drink some overpriced dust and be happy you fucking imbecile
you will never amount to something with meaning your whole life
also try yorkshire

you bought some experimental shit right there
probably everything expect the tea from taiwan will be subpar
maybe the ones from korea and caylon might be good
i would never buy at a site like what-cha since they mainly focus on different origins of the tea they sell
almost all quality tea gets made in china and some in japan and taiwan
atleast the guys at what-cha seem pretty nice if you like faggy shit like that
next time try to buy some at chinalife and when you have developed a good taste try yunan sourcing

but I do hope he earns good dolla and is not outchinked by those snake oil sellers in share of the profits.
>Mr. Ramiz, here's your eleven dollars from this year sales. Only three more and you'll be able to buy that bicycle for your poor scrofula suffering son.

the thing is, you paid 25$ for 100g of Mokebe and Viet Cong varieties.

aliexpress.com/store/product/35-Different-Flavors-Famous-Tea-Chinese-Tea-including-Oolong-Puer-Black-Green-White-Herbal-Flower-Tea/1269947_1943306261.html
here you have wider selection of well known leaves. 12$ for 215g and while these are not at all premium 5xA tribute quality, they're well above your middle shelf.
I've bought the smaller, 20pcs set from this seller when I started brewing gongfu and it really helped me in recognising what I like and how should I brew.
btw, whoever put health tea house in one of the older pastebins - thanks friend, that was really helpful. I still buy an odd cake off of them and it ships quite quick.

so, if anyone needs a starter set, that's what I recommend. it lacks white tea but is cheap and straight to the point. should have been in pastebin.

amazon.com/Stash-Tea-Double-Bergamot-Count/dp/B000CQC05U

Rate this

top grade Calabrian oil of bergamot/10
many a pleasant evening are to be had.
just read the top review, you cannot go wrong with this tea.
albeit be sure to follow brewing instructions: >bring fresh water to a rolling boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag

> I didn't have high expectations for it, but let me tell you -- I was absolutely blown away by this tea.
> You can tell the Bergamot oil is of very high quality. Take your time to inhale the scent of the tea bag before you even start brewing -- it's that good.
>BUT then I drank Stash's DOUBLE Bergamot, which just happens to be the ingredient in Earl Grey that makes it so good, and I've been hooked ever since.
>1. Fill cup with water, leaving enough room for milk and sugar after brewing (if you use those items).

2. Put the bag in the cold water cup and microwave for about 2 minutes.

3. Remove from microwave and allow to steep another minute.

4. Remove bag, add sugar & milk.

what did you do, now I crave some tasty microwaved double bergamot earl grey with milk and sugar.

I have had it on numerous occasions, I just wanted to know what you gentlemen think of it

how do you take yours? sugar, milk? do you microwave or use plain old kettle?
how's the strength of one bag per normal sized mug? some reviewers claim it's too overpowering but then again, some people forget to take the bag out. let's be honest, who has a time for this in todays world?
personally I've never tried this cultivar, but when I happen to source it, I'll do and report back.
cheers.

Coffee drinker here.

Are there any teas that have an exceptionally strong taste?

I've tried countless teas but they all have one thing in common, and that being they all just taste like water warm kool aid.

I honestly want to find a good tea to drink, to reduce the amount of caffeine I intake but I can't find anything particularly good.

Mugicha (barely tea) and genmaicha both have been compared to coffee, I think incorrectly for the latter. Puers also have a robust flavor all their own, if you want to try something new.

the malty black teas, assam, breakfast blends, that kind of thing are nice

pu-erh are basically part way decomposed and are strong because of it, I hate them though.

Sorry I made and ate dinner.
I use an electric heater to boil water (heats in a couple minutes) and then just add sugar, sometimes a little too much. What I like about this early grey though its one of the ones that has a very intense flavor even without sugar, those are my favorite, so you could have it unsweetened and it would still be good.

--TRIGGER WARNING--
I never take the bag out, only when I've drunk the whole thing.
--

But yeah this is among my favorite.

Hojicha's another good one.

You do realize that other guy is mocking you, don't you?

You drink chai or earl grey or whatever mild - spicy tea after you get your caffeine fix from espresso. It will dilute it and you should be content with your caffeine levels for a bit longer, plus not so dehydrated.

You wont replace coffee with tea unless you force it though, sorry.

the vietnamese oolong is great and I've heard the nepal golden tips is comparable to a good yunnan black, but the kenyan oolong is kinda like blanched vegetables in an odd way and the other blacks are just decent black tea.

UW?

I'm struggling to see the deal everyone has with this.
How is tea unlike coffee, in that location grown will not effect the flavour?
For example, all Australian grown teas (just comparing black tea and gunpowder green tea from my experience) noteably taste more earthy than teas grown in China. Not my taste, but some people would like that.

Twinnings is pretty good if I buy bagged tea. Before getting into loose leaf I tried all the brands of bagged tea available in supermarkets and it was always the best out of the lot.

I'm a newbie (for the most part) to tea. A lot of this is because I don't have a good sense of smell and taste due to horrible allergies, but I've managed to get it under control somewhat I just recently started enjoying the different flavours of teas.

So far I have drank a variety of herbal teas, along with chamomile, Earl Grey, chair, green tea, black, some different fruity kinds which I didn't really carefree (mostly because they had that weird fake sugar aftertaste), and one delicate flowery tea that I can't remember the name of.

Does Veeky Forums have any suggestions for tea that I could find commonly in most grocery stores, and suggestions on preparation? I managed to burn a bag of the flowery kind which made it REALLY bitter. Think I let it steep to long in water that had just stopped boiling.

sleepytime :)

>chinalifes pajeet
He is half Chinese half white, not Indian.

Don't go to your local grocery store, go to your local tea store instead. Also stick to loose leaf.

your mom is a faggot

NO BAGS
HOLY FUCK SOMEONE PUT THAT IN THE OP

DONT BUY FUCKING BAGS

REEEEEEEEE

>tea store
>loose-leaf

What and where are either of these things?

teabags are literally the dust that they got by processing loose leaf, and yes there are stores fully dedicated to selling only tea.

Dude, 99 of the tea in most stores is in a fucking bag. Don't expect people to automatically assume loose leaf.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CANT READ FAGGOT
THE BOX WILL SAY TEABAGS OR LOOSE LEAF
DONT FUCKING BUY TEABAGS

Can I order teas online then?

Also, if that stuffs the dust, then would I need to be more cautious with herbal teas as far as dosing and preparation?

>acting this autistic

The stores around here don't have loose leaf.

i like dust it is yummy
((drinking sleepytime))

How are you not tired yet? Lol

I drink one cup of that and I'm out.

yes you can, read the pastebin my friend it will help you.

Ah ok

Nice picture. Like others have said, you should check out the Pastebin. I would recommend ordering some samples from Upton, especially of their black teas, shipping is inexpensive in the US and the sample sizes are usually only $1 each.