Who would you rather be?

Who would you rather be?

...Bottom one?

>tfw don't have 50 foot arms to carry giant batteries with ease

Top, dat 30A load will cause some breaker or fuse to trip or make the voltage sag to hell.

In principle, the bottom one. In reality, the top one, because something in the circuit would hopefully fuck up pretty fast.

Top one. Because fuck your 3mA, I can take it.

>"what the fuck is he talking ab...
>oh"
Made me chuckle

The top one. Your ohmage in parallel will essentially short you out of the circuit and you'll likely not conduct shit.

You're dead whether you take 60A or 50A so go with the top one which is more likely to fail.

/thread

top one, your resistance is way above 10 ohm so pretty much all the current will go through the 10 ohm resistor

nota

I am a plumber, can you explain to this feeble 40 year old mind what you mean?

What direction is the current going?

bottom

i've had enough of this life

plot twist: the power source blows up in your face.

he means that the resistance of the human body is so high compared to the 10 ohm resistor that it will be seen as an open circuit to the power source

>Veeky Forums in charge of knowing how electricity works
The voltage doesn't "split" between the two ways, it's 60v in both. Adding 10 more resistors in paralell would increase the total amperage, just like adding more lanes to a highway would increase how fast traffic flows. In reality it doesn't matter where you are, because it's either 5 or 6 ohms added to your 50,000-500,000 resistance.

No, voltage doesn't split, but current does. Current "sees" the branch with least resistance and travels down that way. The proportion of current per branch is related to the ratio of ohmage per branch. As you skin has high resistance, you will be orders of magnitude more resistive than the ten ohm branch and pass near no amps relative to the 10 ohm path. Voltage, I'm not too sure. Technically you would be a 300 yourself in that circuit, but like electricians love to tell you, voltage doesn't kill you, current does.

If we're dealing with an ideal voltage source, then is right, both branches of the circuit will get the same amount of current as they would get if the other branch was absent. The current will "split" but only because more current will be drawn from the source.

Now, if the voltage source has some internal resistance, or if there's a circuit breaker, then A indeed might result in lower current going through the person.

How would the current split now?

It's not about an ideal voltage source, it's that you provide an alternative route for the current.
I think you're missing the part where you, the human body, must complete the circuit that's parallel to the 10 ohm resistor. The human body's resistance will be much, MUCH greater than 10 ohms. The 5 ohm resistor in series with the human piece of the circuit is to throw you off and discard thinking about the human component.

If the human component is perfectly conducting, then yes more current would flow through the top setup into the person. Since humans are incredibly far from conducting well, the bulk of current will go through the 10 ohm resistor, leaving the human in a less harmful situation.

This was mentioned incredibly early on And needs to read a book.

>I think you're missing the part where you, the human body, must complete the circuit that's parallel to the 10 ohm resistor.
You're missing the part where two branches connected in parallel see the same voltage, always. Voltage divided by resistance equals current. If the branches are connected to an ideal voltage source, then the voltage by definition can't drop, and both branches will get exactly the same current as they would if the other branch wasn't connected. Now, if there was any resistance in series with the two parallel branches (like an internal resistance of the voltage source), then there would be a voltage drop on it, and only then the 10 ohm branch would affect the branch with the human, by the virtue of drawing current that passes through the series resistance and drops voltage. is wrong. You both need to read a book about electronics before trying to teach anyone.

This is a clever way to disguise a homework thread. Props, OP.

I think A. You are anywhere between 10k-100kohm. So the current passing through you will be nothing compared to the 10ohm.

top guy has a current flowing through him of [math] 300*\frac{15+H}{50+10H} [/math]

bottom guy has a current flowing through him of [math] \frac{300}{6+H} [/math]

where H is the human's resistance

at low H's the bottom guy receives a lower amperage

but if you increase the human's resistivity to an amount that i cannot find then the top guy gets a lower current

this is of course assuming an ideal circuit and if i remember how to solve circuits correctly

Human resistance is between 10k ohm to 100k ohm. Theres so much resistance, the parallel human is basically an open circuit

We burn the battery.

yeah i didn't search it up but i was plugging in H values in the order of normal ohms so yeah the first guy survives

>if i remember how to solve circuits correctly
You don't. You got B right, but for A you calculated the whole current going from the voltage source, not the part going through the person.

I sure hope you guys are either baiting or don't have anything to do with electrical circuits whatsoever.

yeah i looked it up afterwards and know how to do it now

i haven't looked at a circuit since over half a year ago sue me

I want this

It can probably pump out 580 amps.
How about we try 1,971,831 amps?

480*