Does everything have a melting point?

Yep.

Every pure substance, yes.

Yeah.

That's right.

Assuming a stable material and inert atmosphere, for example carbon in an oxygen atmosphere will burn long before it melts

Can (as an example) wood melt without changing it's chemical make up?

If you consider both temperature and pressure, that is.

uh-huh

And (sorry for a broad question) how about everything else? Can you give any specific examples of anything that can't?

^^

Wood only burns because it has oxygen to react with. Maybe if you put wood in a vacuum, you could melt some of it down. I wouldn't count on it too much, though, since wood is mostly made of carbon. The water might well vaporize out of it or even atomize before the carbon melts. That'll also make it turn black before melting, too, so you're pretty much just getting liquid coal.

Steel beams

How much oxygen is present? Material like paper will burn long before it melts. If no measurable oxygen is present, many object with decompose before they melt, an in chemical parts of the whole will undergo various amounts of breakdown before melting occurs and then it's not the "same object melting", but the remaining components.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some elements have a higher melting point than boiling point (at room pressure).

So in effect, no.

Additionally, some non-simple molecules undergo thermal decomposition before melting, e.g. sugar turns into caramel at a lower temperature than the hypothetical melting point of sugar.

>Inb4 460K

That's the melting point of the resulting caramels, not of the sugar which no longer exists at that temperature.

No, because wood is by not pure.
"heating it in a vacuum" is essentially how coal is made

Not a vacuum - an oxygen-free atmosphere.

No, some materials skip liquid phase and go strait to gas. ie: Carbon

You can always up the pressure

well there you go, over 4000k and 100 atm is disgusting though

This...kek

If you had a nanobot army that was designed to snip dna you could in fact snip it so that it would disolve by creating hydrophillic bonds to take water from the air to obtain the puddle effect.

Correct.