Abstract Algebra
ODE
Calculus III
Discrete Math

Thinking of adding a fifts:
Intro Python or Computer Architecture and Digital Hardware

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~sanjamg/classes/cs276-fall14/)
niryosef.wordpress.com/teaching/cs176/)
stat.berkeley.edu/~sly/Stat155.htm)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Quarter system? Good fucking luck.

1) I am not the OP.
2) There is nothing in the OP to lead you to conclude that the OP's schequle refers to an academic year split into quarters.

Semesters. Do you think its doable for a semester? Slightly worried but I don't know what I'd take later, they're all very important.

Honestly that doesn't look that bad. IME if you're good at Calculus, the latter middle two should be a walk in the park. Intro Python should also be a breeze.

I'm going to take Riemann Surfaces, classic Algebraic Geometry and an introductory course in Modular Forms.

I said, "the latter middle two." I meant to say, "the middle two."

I took theoretical calculus I (hard) and normal calc II (easy), how should calc III be if that was my experience? We covered some calc III in calc II, it seemed fine but time consuming

Well I've taken all these.

ODE and Calc 3 should be pretty easy. Really easy.
Discrete math should be ok too and intro python is pretty easy. Not sure about the computer architecture or digital hardware but they sound worth taking.

Abstract algebra is the hardest thing there. Depending on the difficulty of the class and if it's just going to cover the basics in groups, rings, fields, modules, etc., then you could either think it's really easy or really difficult. If it's going to cover Galois theory and finite fields in detail, then it's probably the much more difficult kind, in which case good luck.

Ive taken 3 classes with the professor before, and they were difficult. This is sort of the level 2 (of around 4-5) of the pure mathematics classes. Any advice for abstract?

semester system.

Graduate Cryptography (people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~sanjamg/classes/cs276-fall14/)
Algorithms for Computational Biology (niryosef.wordpress.com/teaching/cs176/)
Intro to Algebraic Geometry (undergrad version, book is "Ideals, Varieties, and Algorithms")
Game Theory (stat.berkeley.edu/~sly/Stat155.htm)

My schedule will be Principles of Biology 2, General Chemistry 2, Linear Algebra, and City Planning.

Freshman if it wasn't apparent.

hardest part of calc III is learning to draw things in 3D. algebra and discrete math will be more of a context-switch

Game theory? Lucky you have that m8
Have fun with people trying to indoctrinate you into the sjw cult that is the american uni system now (assuming youre american)
Sounds easy then

Check your statistics department. Or economics/philosophy, but it probably won't be very rigorous there.

Algebraic Number Theory
Modular Forms

Senior Design
Process Control
Kinetics
Separations Lab
Solid State Physics

When you first start abstract algebra, I would actually say it's a lot of memorizing definitions of objects and the relationships between them. Yes everything is proven, but the emphasis is less on proving big, important theorems like in analysis and more on working with these abstract objects, whose definitions you just need to memorize until you are really comfortable with them.

Algebraic Number Theory is dope. Fun class.

My friend build just the coziest looking convalescent homes in senior design

Cute doggo tbch

That sounds neat, but unfortunately in ChE our design projects usually boil down to putting together processes on Aspen, which is design software the school gives us access to

Yup, I have taken it last semester (this one is mostly a refresher), along with Riemann surfaces and classical algebraic geometry, it was great to see those overlap !

for self study

Analysis 1, tao
Linear algebra, hoffman and kunze

Then calculus, spivac
???
actual physics

First take linear algebra, its the simplest of calculus and analysis and will pay off once you do DiffyQs.

Do Computer Architecture. You're wasting your time&money paying someone to slowly teach you python.

18 credit hours plus RA position plus 10hr/wk wageslaving

Plzno

What's in Abstract Algebra that is different from the Calculus classes?

Isn't operating systems usually an upper division course? Why are you being allowed to take it at the same time as intro CS?

Calculus 1
Spanish 1
English 1
French 1
Russian 1
German 1
Computer Science 1
U.S. History 1

Starting grad school:

ODE 1
Matrix Theory 1
Computer Algebra 1

>1
>all of those language classes you didn't get the credit for in high school
>not taking AP US history or compsci

Come on dude

Completely different subjects.

I'm starting college this year, hoping to double major in physics and math. I did well on my APs so im going straight into physics and calc 2. How fucked am I?

Aerodynamics 1
Dynamic Systems
Heat Transfer
Aircraft Electronic Systems
Aerospace Mechanical Structures
Combustion

>grad school
kek

I studied algebra in high school, matrices in first year and ODEs in second year.

>Calc II
>I did well on my APs
Are you sure? Calc II is literally AP Calc BC i.e. the math they'd teach art students.

I only took calc AB because i'm a retard

>because i'm a retard
At least you didn't fall for the AP Stats meme. Eitherway, you'll be fine. That is, if you're not lieing that you did well on your AP exams. Calc II is just a bunch of integration really, as for Calc III, it's literally Calc I but with y and z randomly thrown in and some vectors here and there.

I know this is a meme post, but I did all of the same, these are the grad versions. They obviously aren't the same.

Topology 1
Intermediate ODEs
Numerical Linear Algebra
Applied math/fluid dynamics
Graduate algebra 1

Computational Analysis
Fluid Mechanics
Thermodynamics
Electromechanics
Adv. Eng. Math (Complex Analysis, Integrals Transforms & Stats)

There's no intro CS in there. "Intro to software engineering" is where you learn how to use UML and waterfall. It's basically a business course. Foundations is basically Algorithms and Data Structure II, and intro stats is just a gened. I've been told it covers basics - combinatorics, Student's Test, p values. Basically high school stats.

When I was an undergrad, we didn't have a Calc III. I think our multivariable calculus is the same thing. It's different. There are more proofs and in my opinion there is more beauty. I really enjoyed it, so I am probably not the best person to ask about difficulty. If you really get this course under your belt, gaining a deep understanding of electrodynamics should be easy.

C++
signals and systems
operating systems
probability
automated management systems
software tools and applications
computer networks
english

1) optoelectronics
2) advanced linear algebra
3) circuit design
4) 2 bredth courses

double major in EE and math. took most my math upper divs first to make the engineering even easier

I'm the suggest fag in all the land

my university told me to do two units instead of four or five because im on academic probation; for failing too much.... if i take four or five units; id get kicked out immediately for disobeying the rule. if i fail this semester then i will get kicked out of university for good...

its so hard too pass :/; any tips for a brainlet to succeed this coming semester?

im doing...

Differential Equations with Modelling
Complex Analysis and Integral Transforms.

Will I be safe? I want to major in pure maths lol because i cant write/read properly. i think i might be dyslexic...

Do you live in Australia by any chance?

Mandatory:
Microprocessors
Analog communications
Control Systems

Electives:
Science and the environment
Intro to the internet

Can you rec a book for self study?

Condensed matter 1 (grad)
Quantum mechanics 1 (ugrad)
E&M 2 (ugrad)
Honors Analysis 1 (ugrad)
Algebra 1 (grad)
Applied cryptography

What do you think /sci? Is this feasible?

Currently calc3, diffeq and physics w/calc 2

Dont know what ill be taking in september yet, i only got accepted to my uni of choice on tuesday. But my major will be mechanical engineering.

>intro to internet

Fun

Yeah, yourself?

Most maths exams here are like 70%/80% and 20%/30% worth of assignments/tests.

I guess its fair for maths. I think the U.K. has a similar system? Some of their grad maths units/courses are weighted like 100% on exams lol... But hey the states some of their exams are weighted 35% and they have some of the best universities in the world. Hmmm....

Anyways, kudo's to all the U.K. grad maths students pulling their way through.

Linear Algebra
Accelerated Calculus (basically 3 and 4 meshed together)
Intro to Electrodynamics
Intro to Mechanics

Yeah I live in Australia too. Do you go to Monash by an chance?