Ebay buyer is claiming that the gpu I sold have him "has no working drivers, etc etc...can't be found online"...

Ebay buyer is claiming that the gpu I sold have him "has no working drivers, etc etc...can't be found online", which is hard to believe since it's an rx480....I know it's a scam.

But I need to know how to fight it once he sends me back the wrong gpu.

If someone genuinely helps me I will send them 30$ for their troubles if I succeed.

Do you have pictures of the original GPU out of the box?

Unfortunately, with the way PayPal and eBay work, they almost always side with the buyer in my experience.

I'm getting mad just thinking about it. That's some nigger tier scam shit.

>not using eBay’s successor
As for your problem now, RIP

learn how to set your buyer parameters. US only. no nogs etc.

Make sure it's a scammer and not just an idiot first. I.e. give him clear instructions as to how to download whatever drivers are needed if he needs to do anything manually on his end.

If it is really a scam, which wouldn't be that surprising, I don't know what the steps you should take are but I'd be curious to know them too.

All gpus have serier numbers. He can’t send u back the wrong one unless your dumb

compair the serial numbers?

Contact pay pal asap and tell them this looks like a scam

Unironically sell shit on craigslist for cash next time user. This gpu is not a specially arcane item to sell so da fuck where you thinking. Oh by the way thanks because i lately played with the tought of selling a bunch of shit on eBay (GPUs, HDDs, SC2 Collectors Edition lel). I been putting it of since i thought about the fuckin scammers on paypal. Well project is def canceled.

if you can provide a link to the drivers within the conflict resolution center back and forth, he will have no grounds to return it. If he then tries another way to weasel out, ebay will side with you. just make sure ur totally civil on ur end. let him be the faggot.

how brown is your skin

In the next reply he instantly stated it MUST be a hardware issue.

this is a dumpster fire of a coin

I sell goods on eBay, your doomed, eBay always sides with a buyer even if it's a completely retarded return reason, what you need to do in the future for expensive goods is video them and the conditions before you send them and get a timestamp or something, then if your sent back the goods for a bullshit reason and you think they're scamming, video you opening the goods, make sure you get everything, serial numbers and condition and all, get a video of the whole unboxing including the return label that he sent it back with, then message him with still images of the item he sent backhand say is this the item you received from me or something, when he says yes then he's fucked because you already have a video of you sending it out in a different condition with a different serial number, then threaten to call the police or take him to court if he doesn't return the money he stoke, or something like that, may not work but if you can proove him a liar and get him to out himself it's your best bet

He will win - but ebay will insure - you will stilllose fees. EBAY is a scammers best friend.

at some point we're going to have to have drones that will follow the package to the buyer, and record him opening the package and trying it out. the drone would be tied to a token return that he initiates giving up his right to return the item. otherwise the drone will stay filming his life and item to provide seller protection.

>US only
>no nogs

your shit stain country is full of them

kek'd

I got some rx 570s for 155 shipped last summer and I see that they're going for over 300 now and I want to sell them, but I don't want to deal with this shit. What do?

Cash and carry. ie. craigslist

Look into the buyer's history and try to dig up dirt on him. Most likely these scammers use the same accounts and the last seller who got burned by them will leave them negative comments. Use this in your PayPal case and you will get your money back within 1-2 days.

0xdd8c2B8b69f8f01e18f0a2d36Bb926da69cbDB9e

HAHAHA THANKS FOR THE FREE CPU DUMBASS! GOOD LUCK WITH EBAY :)

In the future, when you sell computer components you can record the serial number in a spread sheet (take a pic of it too for proofs) so that you can compare it to the returned goods. I'm not sure if video cards have Mac addresses, but that would also be good to grab if they do. Just take a bunch of pictures of the card itself when before you send it so whatever numbers are on it can be compared to the one that you receive back. Bonus points if it's etched on the board and not on a sticker.

Did you give him link for drivers on official site?