/smg/ - Stock Maturation General

Japanese Style Pickled Stocks edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MC44L5T0FVA
youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc
youtube.com/watch?v=xXgySAzpois
investing.com/news/stock-market-news/asian-shares-find-solace-in-hopes-of-smaller-trump-tariffs-1330867
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There we go.

buy cron and nvcn for sick gains

some music to ease into your morning

youtube.com/watch?v=MC44L5T0FVA

Here are mein suggestions:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc
youtube.com/watch?v=xXgySAzpois

investing.com/news/stock-market-news/asian-shares-find-solace-in-hopes-of-smaller-trump-tariffs-1330867

>arah Sanders told a media briefing that the impending hefty U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum imports could exclude Canada, Mexico and a clutch of other countries.

that happened around 1.45pm eastern time yesterday, which is why we got that pump after things had dropped in yesterday's session

Also at 3:30pm Trump will announce the details of the tariffs.

Trump is not an extremist but he likes to get things done even if it implies rustling some jimmies

For example, he wants to curb the US trade deficit and the fact the other currencies are overvalued. So he shoots the first by planning to impose trade tariffs. He knows the timing is good because the other parties don't want stronger currencies. He tries to bring the others to the negotiation table.

What is interesting is what he will say after the ECB excluded raising its interest rate. Will he get angry and call out the eurofags again ?

OP, these memes are top notch btw.

We touched this currency thing yesterday. Anybody know of an ETF play that can short yuan?

> the other currencies are overvalued
I mean undervalued sorry

See my correction

thx m8
you guys deserve the best

we're gunna have a long day aren't we

fucking hate when theres an article where 2/3 of it is talking about what the price of something closed at as if i don't have that info on my computer and then only 1/3 of the article actually has useful info

wonder why it would exclude Canada and mexico. pretty sure alot of countries will export to mexico and Canada now then to us and we'll get sloppy seconds

There's currently a pretty big fight going on in the dow futures, I'm expecting a sharp movement soon. Bias is to the upside but sellers are throwing a lot into pressing things down from yesterday's high.

Yeah, I mean that's the most retarded part. I guess it just looks better on paper to just have the trade deficit move from China to another country. This way he can come out and say how he won and reduced the trade deficit with China and the people eat it up while we're still getting cucked by China via Mexico/Canada. I thought I heard that initially Mexico and Canada would be exempt and NAFTA was to be renegotiated.

i bought so much fucking stock since Friday. I will make so much fucking money by selling all this shit today.

AVDL to the moon today

Morning all. Hoping for a better day than yesterday.

if the Dow can reach above 24860, there's probably a lot of short covering/short stops that are going to be hit around and above that area

it's a game of fuckery imo

Just trying to figure out how to profit from it, short all steel and aluminum stocks? nobody is going to want u.s. overpriced steel and nobody is going to want to invest in other countries steel when theres a tariff.. will they??

That's the way to do it. Short all foreign and domestic steel and aluminum. Tariffs will probably lead to more recycling and people trying to find cheaper alternatives to buying virgin material.

>Tariffs will probably lead to more recycling and people trying to find cheaper alternatives to buying virgin material.
I was thinking this yesterday. Good news for recycling plants and junk yards.

you people always have terrible advice , we knew that there would be tarrifs on steel and aluminium for since like September now and the price of this shit keeps rising so big brained niggers like you who thought it was a good idea to short it are all dead now

UP WE GO LADS

Our advice was to long steel back in September though...

If anything, protectionism is good for the protected domestic companies

I think it might be a good idea to bet on other currencies going to rise, maybe go long on emerging market bonds and short USDJPY.

i don't ever remember saying to short steel and aluminium, i've been saying buy AA and walk away for awhile now..

>protectionism is good for the protected domestic companies
it's really that simple US steel was always shit and uncompetitive nobody bought it before anyway

now it's still shit but it has special preferences from the government because of reasons which is good for their stock price it probably ran it's course now but I think it will spike again one more time once the tarrifs are in effect

im long in s&p500 etfs is it a good idea to short the s&p500 at the same time for when a correction occurs?

buy puts

I'm looking at the 3/23 put options on X. This will give us the short term FUD from the tarrifs, and also incorporate the anticipated rate hike from the Fed meeting earlier that week. The only challenge is getting the contracts at the right price.

Are there recycling stocks worth eyeballing?

Ive got 300 to gamble
meme me up lads

The thing is, I think this whole tariff thing has lead to an over speculated and over priced value on X because of the fact we've known about it since September. This is a classic buy the hype sell the news play.

If we end red today I'm going to become a 401kuck and Roth IRA only loser.

UWN

thats hedging yo risk

you gents consider selling out amd at 12 and buying back at a dip (which will prob be 11.30) early next week? which way did you go on it? im debating just holding and saving myself the the stress.

Waste management would be the first to come to mind. Republic services too.

i honestly won't be doing much about it till next week. im in too many different trades right now

Sold mine @ 12.18 last week

>I thought I heard that initially Mexico and Canada would be exempt and NAFTA was to be renegotiated.
I just heard some headlines on Blumberg, but how I understood it it was that there COULD be deals ("carve outs" which to me means LESS harsh tariffs not none at all) if Mex/Can come to the table on NAFTA.

Come US, don't let her momentum down now!

puusssshhhhhh

ATRS up again

Strapped in.

Where my niggas Insufficient Funds and IB Margin Violation?

ok i'm long spy, short steel and yuan. Anything else to do today?

probably still sleeping

who here /filtered out all tripfags/? This general just improved in quality

Get in BPMX and AKER now! Easy gains!

Thank me later.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gonna buy a share of x and a share of aa just for fun

Morning bois, who else got their lube ready

I've been meaning to do this, but they're kinda fun to shitpost with.

BPMX has more dipping to do. Will re-enter tomorrow. They have a press conference on Monday.

Waiting on BPMX to go sub .30 to buy back in but nigga I aint touchin AKER till that shit hits the bottom, everyones been shilling it for weeks and its done nothing but free fall.

GE and SQ TO THE MOON PLZ.

>tfw sold Sq to buy ge

GSVC IS GONNA SKYROCKET AND I COULDVE BOUGHT IT FOR 6 BUT ITS GONNA HIT TEN SOON AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

When do I sell RUN

ZSAN my niggas

nice ass red to green move this morning

if you have the liquid i don't think you are too late on sq. i see it as 12 month rising star that gets bought out. i am also an anonymous idiot on the internet who may be a crazy person.

friendly reminder you have one week to get into AMRS

Did you guys buy the Sunrun dip?

tell me why please.

crash f0cking when

Just woke up, I don't like where this is going

Short mining stocks?

moon after ER

TEUM
GCAP
ALT
Give them your strength anons

The swings are going to be rough, it seems. I think a lot of larger players got caught off guard with the upward movement, and they're gonna fight to keep their short positions stable. They may also not want things to get too out of hand before Trump speaks.

They may have short positions/hedging in place, preparing for Trump's speaking, and they wouldn't want to be forced out of them.

What's Dow 24860 converted to S&Ps?

not sure what you mean

I don't think there is a way to convert Dow points to SP500 points, if there is i have no idea about it, sorry

>limit buy a stock at it's current price
>Price hasn't moved at all, order doesn't go through
>Place an order one one stock, one cent above current price
>Still doesn't go through
What gives?

(((They)))

whats the ask at?

Oh Fyck yes

One of my favorite memes (VTGN) is experiencing a pull back from that run up to $1,50 we saw. I'm looking for a re-entry around $1.30-$1.35 This one is going to go to $5 then $10, and finally $20.

Mildly green open for the sector. I expect a dip in to the red by noon as is Thursday tradition but overall sector is bullish and should remain so. Good news is causing pumps again. Speaking of which, Namaste Technologies entered in to a partnership with Ample Organics. That us a big deal as Ample processes a lot of online medical weed and vaporizer sales and has deals with most of the major LPs. N currently up 8% on the news and climbing.

>Sits at 2.46 for almost an hour
>Suddenly 2.55
I'm seriously convinced there is some jewery afoot.

Looking at the level 2 there is a big buy order at $1.34, I really wanted to get in under $1.33 this sucks moose balls.

Interesting, I just got $250 of fun money, might throw it at that

Buy Netflix, all time highs today

>not enough to buy AMZN

not going to make it

>MYO

Do people still eat Tootsie Rolls, I mean really?

>Down 17%
What the hell is going on with that company today.

Ouch...

Seriously considering buying and then selling around Halloween GOD

3:30 Pacific or Eastern?

my alarm didnt go off this morning so Im late and it cost me about 2% worth of gains

good call short X, got some serious returns on my puts already.

Why is the market still sucking a dick? This shit is madness.

>people in this actual room didnt buy the obvious amrs dip last week, even though multiple people pointed it out

EST

Nice man it was your call though, i've been on LIGA and some other OTC plays this morning