twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BLACK SAILS, ARRRRRRRR

game of thrones

Gilmore Girls
and
Bojack Horseman has an obsession with Ibsen

true detective season 1 plagiarized a lot from thomas ligotti

mad men had a bunch of literary references and had a catcher in the rye subplot

the wire often gets compared to a greek drama.

Vikings. Watch out I'm about to sound like a pretentious faggot.

Michael Hirst (writer of The Borgias, The Tudors, Vikings) writes history very well. He writes these tiny micro transactions of culture that different peoples living in the British Isles and Scandinavia may have had. For example, in one scene a Viking woman was performing a ritual to make the land she walked on fertile. She did so while some Britons looked on, completely appalled. I don't know of any instances of this happening in history, but the way the scene played out made it feel authentic, so that the show- while it does take some liberties with history- retains an authentic feeling. I realize you asked for Veeky Forums shows and this is more history than literature, but if you haven't given the show a shot, that's my suggestion.

Hannibal.

i wish i could watch the wire but it's so fucking boring

Rectify is something I feel a lot of Veeky Forums anons would enjoy, very patrician character study on the same levels as The Wire and The Sopranos.

The Prisoner is actually pretty kafkaesque

Once you get about halfway through the first season that gets a lot better

Vikings is a shitty, ahistorical soap opera.

Six feet under

best most litworthy and well written show is Yes, Minister. Sir Humphrey's lines are some of the best ever crafted for television, and the wit is magnificent. other than that, i'm hard pressed to think of an actually acceptable TV show. most of them are trash, Arrested Development is hilarious, but i don't think that's what you're looking for. My suggestion is to get into something old, shit these days is rather poor for mental stimulation compared to the quality that literature provides.

youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA
here's a clip from Yes, Minister as an example.

ya

Twilight Zone, maybe Black Books (not a great show, but it's not horrible)

Gilmore Girls.

>Vikings

More like Cuckings. And this isn't even a bait or joke. The show is extremely full of cucking.

The worst of literature is slightly above the best of television.

Wut. Are you using that word correctly?

The widespread use of the word cuck is the worst thing that ever happened to this site

Bored to Death, it's really underrated you should give it a try.

The McNulty/Bunk banter is top tier mate.