Redpill me on water fluoridation

redpill me on water fluoridation.
does it actually help your teeth?
is it toxic?
does it do anything at all?
if it doesnt help your teeth, then why is it in the public water supply?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23615395
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23094271
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>redpill

Reddit or summerfag?

>does it actually help your teeth?
No. Fluoride strengthening teeth is a meme, and it could not work at all given how long water stays in your mouth.
>is it toxic?
Yes. Fluorosis is real and not genetic.
>if it doesnt help your teeth, then why is it in the public water supply?
Ask your grandfather who worked in the concentration camps. :^)

>if it doesnt help your teeth, then why is it in the public water supply?

This is a dumb question. You should just ask why it is in the public water supply, regardless of any teeth shit.

I mean, since when is the government's responsibility to take care of our teeth? That shit is the dumbest excuse I ever heard.

Being logical about it, it is probably about killing deadly bacteria that could be in the water. The government does have an obligation to not kill us.

Purity of essence.

Fluoridation helps your teeth as in they put fluoride in toothpastes, but it doesn't help your body at all since it's toxic and have dangerous effects. So don't drink tap water, just brush your teeth with it.

Anyone arguing in favor of water fluoridation, especially in the US, is a fool. There are many reasons to avoid tap water if you're reliant on municipal water supplies, and fluoridation is one of them. Medications and their metabolites persisting after filtering are another.

If you're into fluoride in general, just get it via toothpaste. Though early studies show theobromine more effectively potentiates remineralization. I've never drank city water, and beyond discoloration and plaque buildup from quite literally eating raw sugar and not brushing my teeth for days (stupid, but context matters), and years of bruxism, my teeth are fine. A dentist was surprised at this as well. Probably because of theobromine consumption and swishing an antibacterial mix of peppermint, clove oil, oregano, and sea salt around.

theobromine, as in systemic ingestion? as in, coffee and dark chocolate?

don't the majority of people already do that?

Topical application. It relies on sufficient surface contact, and probably doesn't have much effect systemically. Levels in coffee are fairly low, but very dark chocolate (assuming relatively even ratio between solids and fats) would be viable.

I'll try to find the papers on it.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23615395
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23094271

I was eating large amounts of powdered cacao / cacao nibs, at the time.

Not doubting your points on theobromide, but this doesn't answer OPs questions

this is great info man, ty (I'm this guy )

Low dosage only applies to low exposure or a one time thing. If you're drinking water everyday a few times then you'll have to deal with cummulative effects which are still dangerous to human health.

A single hamburger is relatively not much fat and won't effect your health if you eat once but eat it everyday and you'll turn into a landwhale.

While I do have quite a bit to say on the topic,
I don't really feel like getting into it right now. Veeky Forums on average seems much more honest, intelligent, and substantive lately. I'm sure someone else will readily come about to say whatever is to be said.

you are both, GTFO

just a heads up green tea has about 10^4 more fluoride than municipal water, naturally, since the tea plant collects fluoride from the soil

if fluoride did anything bad, all the cultures who drink green tea would have all those problems

While the tea plant's root system does have an affinity for fluorine compounds, the content is all about where it's grown. eg, cheap Chinese "brick" tea will likely be higher in fluoride just because of how China's soil is, Indian tea varies, African tea is much better.

Also, fluoride occurs naturally in groundwater as well (which is why ball the studies on human development and intelligence with fluoride exposure come from China, again), just as it does in the tea plant. And natural doesn't equal good.

>.gov domain
Might as well have posted a link to a buzzfeed article.

pubmed is more or less just an index. Most of the research isn't done by the NIH.

So even less credible than I previously thought.

Then go find some rehashed meta-analysis by some committee if it makes you feel safer.

I don't actually drink water. I mostly just drink Diet Coke and Applet Juice. I honestly cannot remember the last time I took a sip of water. I also don't brush my teeth (because of the water). Unlike you sheep my brain works in top physical condition.

>pubmed isn't reputable!
>better trust some apocryphal infographics on /pol/ instead
smdh (shaking my darn head) tbqf (to be quite frank) fampai (family (as in blood relation)+ senipai)

Shill detected. Everyone ignore this guy.

Oh, okay. You're good to go then. As long as you stick with DIET coke.

Agreed, he is obviously a paid shill from the fluoride industry. Probably knows that brushing your teeth is a meme that (((they))) use to make sure that you're docile and passive so you won't resist or question their plans for a globalist one-world government.

I don't get it.

What am I looking at?

A facial expression.

Smug back pack mamya