How can we survive the heat death of the universe?

How can we survive the heat death of the universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity
youtube.com/watch?v=Me3-r5rsUSI
physics.princeton.edu/ph115/LQ.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we can't

I second this.

Maybe we just need to try harder.

>>>/magic/

hello l'rato

Well. Why not?

entropy increases
the heat must flow

What if we stop entropy from increasing?

What if we stop death from reaping?

To be honest death is a mindset. People do choose to die, you don't have to.

I have an idea.

no contracto comprendo

helo ratto

Take your pedophile cartoons to

>can we survive a scenario in which everyone is by definition dead?

Think about a question before asking it.

Maybe if we get the universe to rotate so fast that resets itself.
You have to reach [HEAVEN]

My life.

That's what I thought.

> heat death of the universe
There is no such thing. Chaos is inevitable

>Can I avoid suicide, a scenario in which I kill myself ?
Kill youserlf

Take your pretention and prudishness back to the church.

Reminder that every time you do something you are increasing the entropy of the universe. It's best for the universe if we move as little as possible.

>Best for the universe
The fuck is that supposed to mean?
Entropy is not defined as bad or disorganized in a human sense, it has a very specific definition.

> heat death of the universe

You know that's physically impossible right ?

The Greeks were right all this time.

Philosophy > Science

Veeky Forums BTFO

It will eventually happen, when everythinglg had dissapeared entropy will fuck up the void and create a new universe.

It's not impossible, it's inevitable. We aren't living in the universe's highest entropy state and by the second law of thermodynamics, we will tend toward it. Eventually everything will be a liquid that is exactly the same temperature everywhere. It'll be the most boring imaginable configuration of stuff.

The heat death of the universe won't kill us. The sun has several billion years left in it's life

Create another universe, duh.

Tall order for fleshbags, but a sufficiently advanced AI is indistinguishable from God, so no biggie.

>dat pic
>this topic
>mfw

Then it will change again. Shit will come together due to gravity, matter will compress and turn into planets, some will turn into blackholes and chaos will rise again.

Heat death is theoretically and practically impossible unless you have a magical wand that freezes every atom in the universe at the same time.

>Shit will come together due to gravity
Nope, sorry

Are you retarded ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

The expansion of the universe is accelerating you fucking idiot

Meaning ?

Meaning the Universe isn't getting back together

How does it even prove that there is dark energy ? How do you know that universe isn't pulled by something outside ?

The harder we try, the faster it happens.

>we

there is no such thing as a species.

there's just you and a bunch of other animals, some of which you are capable of breeding with

> no evidence for dark matter at all
> defends it as if its a fact
go away dumdum

WE MUST ALL WORK TOWARD TE ULTIMATE GOAL OF CREATING A BLACK HOLE! THIS WILL LOWER TE ENTROPY OF THE UNIVERSE RESULTING IN AN EXTENSION OF ITS COSMIC LIFE.

looks up the Kurzgesagt videos
apparently anything outside the local group is not gravitationally bound to each other

That's an interesting coincidence.

roll

I want to make a terrible Taylor Swift joke, but I agree with you, so I'm going to write this post instead.

We need to use our soul to reignite the Kiln of the First Flame

Don't ask stupid questions.

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

Why do people keep saying this?

Why don't they actual look at the data?

We basically have eternity to figure it out I wouldn't worry about it.

> muh data
Do you know the difference between evidence and hypothesis ?

Wait it out

>How can we survive the heat death of the universe?

Get red-pilled. Use BRUTE STRENGTH.

Yes, user.

Dark matter and dark energy are just the names of two phenomena discovered by observational cosmology.

Nobody knows what they are.

Nobody claims to.

Will i be better than that fag at overwatch?

Also, shit thread.

Doesn't work in an expanding universe.

>How can we survive the heat death of the universe?

How can we survive the heat death of the Earth?

Move the earth farther away from the sun

>muh global warming

Wormhole to another, younger universe.

Giant space radiators

;^)

My nigga

We hunt other universes and kill them for their energy.

Why are we talking about the end of the universe as we know it when we haven't fully realized the reach of our consciousness or what we can achieve upon singularity?
The Internet doesn't take solid form in the form of wi-fi and data and such, isn't it possible that through advents it will eventually be practically entirely formless with us being able to allocate our minds into it thereby individually creating new universes upon universes?
Like "Her", if our consciousness ever becomes untethered to the physical body and can move simply like information through the Internet, could we ever really die?
We know less about the universe than we know about our world and comparatively speaking, it's like "global warming". We'll be able to control all that and more. We're advancing faster than ever.

I love you

Life on earth will probably end with the death of the sun, way before the heat death of the universe is a concern. And humanity will probably go extinct in the next massive extinction event way before that happens, you just need a supervolcano exploding or a decently sized asteroid hitting the earth.

>wormhole to another universe
>space radiators

They did that on an episode of Stargate Atlantis. It even had Bill Nye and Neil Degrasse Tyson

youtube.com/watch?v=Me3-r5rsUSI

what if we make a spaceship and go really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really far away

Technically possible so long as FTL is possible.

Unfortunately it isn't.

>This reply

Wat?

I heard that they recently discovered that black holes can explode and redistribute their parts.

Honestly there is no such thing as heat death, the only real source of force in the universe is gravity and gravity is literally infinite. What we have to worry about is there being space between things so that constructs of different compositions can emerge rather than just a single lump of black hole matter.

If black holes do "super nova" as I've heard, and redistribute their composite matter, then that means there will never be an "end" to the universe.

It could be that what we think of as the big bang was just a single black hole exploding in what could be a very small portion of the universe if the universe is indeed infinite.

tl;dr The heat death of the universe got proven false a while ago.

this theory is my new religion, can I read about this somewhere or did you think of it yourself? If so please write a book so I can read it

I might right a book about it sometime.

>I heard that
>tl;dr x got proven false

physics.princeton.edu/ph115/LQ.pdf

we dont

we wont even survive the next couple million years

also, heat death is fiction, not reality

black holes are fiction too

>all energy expended
>still magically works and thinks
surely the problem was already solved

go back to

>wasting your time reading asishit
if you want realism then dont read fiction

it's fundamentally flawed

they've created a way for sentience to exist "independent of matter or energy" and to do so indefinitely

yep, exactly. thats why I dont waste my time reading asimov