Anyone else find Middle English far more beautiful and pleasurable to ear...

Anyone else find Middle English far more beautiful and pleasurable to ear, heart and tongue than Modern or Early Modern English?

No.

It sounds different to the english you grew up with, so it sounds better to you. People in general enjoy the sound of non-native languages more than the sound of native, I feel. Middle English also appeals to your pretentiousness.

So you don't believe any language can sound any better than any other language? All sounds are created equal?

Everything's relative.

Source?

The quest that lead you to be such an interesting and refined hipster blowhard faggot will never fully satisfy you, the urge
to go deeper towards more edgy, obscure and cornier opinions is neverending.
It can only logically end a place so obscure that the sole possible path to progress is to embrace under a thick layer of irony the aesthetic supremacy of twitter-emoji ebonics english senpai.

Ebonics sounds like Modern English on steroids though.

"Grah-ceh" just sounds more beautiful than the "grace" pronunciation of Modern English. Sho-wers soh-teh just sounds more musical than "showers sweet", iambs in Middle English sound like a melody, in Modern English they sound like drum.

I read that older English was more sensibly spelled than modern English. For example, island used to be iland. Not completely perfect, but better than how it's spelled today.

>not Old English

Pleb

Yland (y was always pronounced "ee"), yeah, but more often the spelling just coincided more with the older pronunciation. "Might" for instance was "myght', but the g and h weren't silent.

HWÆT, WE GAR-DEna in geardagum,
þeodcyninga þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!

I definitely prefer the wider array of inflection offered by Old English, but its only got one great work to boast of.

Quality over quantity.

Beowulf can't be topped. Also, there's a lot of Anglo-Saxon poetry/fragments. I have a pretty hefty book containing them and their translations.

Beowulf's not even better than Naruto. Get over yourself.

>Implying

>trying this hard to justify the literal bastardization of the English language by a bunch of classist Norman-cucked Anglo-Saxon noblemen who wanted their everyday court life conversations to sound unintelligible to the ordinary people just for the lulz.

After studying other languages I started to like the different verb-object word orders in middle english and old english.

Yep. Quick was cwic, for instance. The Normans ruined the sensible spelling of the Anglo language.

Don't forget to always report constantine the mad tranny.

>announcing a report
_____:^)

The central reason Middle English reads much better than Modern English is the loose orthography (with lots of vowel-heavy Francophone influences). Compare:

>Of game they found well good hunt -
>Mallards, heron, and cormorant

>Of game thai founde wel gode haunt -
>Maulardes, hayroun, and cormeraunt

Look at a work like The Faerie Queene and you will see Spenser using two completely different spellings of the same word in a single stanza