How would you explain the concept of mengele sponge to a dumb person?

How would you explain the concept of mengele sponge to a dumb person?

>Mengele
Menger sponge

Nice trick to trick us into explaining it to you. Kill yourself faggot.

Fucking strange words in English and German
Unironically how did you know it?

>Begin with a cube

>Divide every face of the cube into 9 squares, like a Rubik's Cube. This will sub-divide the cube into 27 smaller cubes.

>Remove the smaller cube in the middle of each face, and remove the smaller cube in the very center of the larger cube, leaving 20 smaller cubes.

>This is a level-1 Menger sponge (resembling a Void Cube).

>Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each of the remaining smaller cubes, and continue to iterate ad infinitum.

At the end of the day its a thought experiment on the effects of 3d fractals on common notions such as volume and surface area.

Geometry is so cool.

So it's a cube with an infinite amount of cube-shaped holes, what is it's purpose?

nerds use it to circlejerk about their CPU computation speeds

Folding at home, brah.

I thought it was some space-physics related concept.

Turtles all the way down.

It is a shape that is neither 2-dimensional nor 3-dimensional. It is in between, of dimension about 2.7268. Its exact dimension is [math]\log_3(20)[/math].

Fractal dimensionality is operational. Topologically, it is 3 dimensional.

what would it feel like to fuck a menger sponge

Once my gf tricked me and put a mengelele sponge in her pussy, when i tried to fuck her my dick gained infinite surface.

this should be the banner for Veeky Forums

I don't know but I want to eat it

I forgot to block that chill

Hydroponic nutrient matrix, one cube per plant per season for everbearing varieties. Print them with a ceramic nozzle and 3d printer.

It's a visualization of the cantor set.

For one, it's REALLY cool. I mean, it's one of many hypothetical objects with infinite surface area, but finite volume! Isn't that amazing?
>nerdgasm

>explain anything to a dumb person
pointless waste of time and effort

Kek

It's a 3d fractal that looks like a cube

it iterates towards zero volume and infinite surface area like all 3D fractals

take a square.
divide the square into 9 equal parts
remove the middle one
repeat for each new square formed by the dividing action

now do the same but in three dimensions

Oy vey.

are three dimensional fractals in any meaningful way distinct from two dimensional ones?

What do you mean? What is the purpose of existence? What is the purpose the number 1? It's just a thing that exists as an abstract concept.

Are three dimensional objects in any way distinct from two dimensional ones?

Other than working in R^2 rather than R^3 I imagine not. In mathematics, 3 dimensions and 2 dimensions are just special cases of the actual abstract mathematics.

yeah, but in any way that isn't obvious?

The jews! The jews!

Are you sure he's your only friend?

Post of the day desu