Fictional Books that depict what England's future will be like?

?

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/ebooks/2026
archive.org/details/comingconquestof00niem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any book with a utopian setting.

Anything where people overreact and after some time realize that it was worth it in the long run.

Just read some history books on the parts of Europe that suffered most during the medieval period.

The Time Machine.

They will be fine

Gercucls and French stocks are plummeting twice as much as Britains right now

submission

Leviathan.

THE MARKETS HAVE SUNK

War and Peace

camp of the saints

MASS HYSTERIA

I don't even like econ but hearing plebs talk econ is the most excruciating shit ever

But FTSE has dropped!

The Revolt of Man

hearing plebs talk about anything is excruciating

looks better than Europe's future

arrogant

Well, they aren't out of the EU yet, and won't be for a while. After they leave is when the problem's will start, if they will start.

Riddley Walker is set in Canterbury in 3000 or so years.

V For Vendetta
lmao

fucking this

I've hear the police can acess your computer if you've been selling drugs on the deep web now; fucking tell me 1984 isn't coming true

A Clockwork Orange

Your pic is most of the world's future though.

Le Morte D'Arthur

They can access your computer if you've been trying to find Islamist materials. Even if it's for academic purposes.
It has happened, but I'm too lazy to find proof.

>mfw I've been reading al-qaeda material
>mfw I've been listening to lots of nasheeds
>mfw I've been ironically islamposting a lot lately
Uh oh

the funny thing is I just got your home adress from your post (edit the meta-data of that image, seriously lad)

just imagine how fucking much info the security agencies have on you

I-I don't believe you

I won't get you doxxed lol

watch out for your post tho

ayyy

W-what county am I in

you're probably on a watch list if you've ever even clicked on Veeky Forums
probably on about 50 if you've ever clicked on /pol/ or /r9k/ after that shooting
I've accepted it

snowcrash

You people keep making these comparisons, obviously without knowing that that isn't a good thing for UK.
It's akin to saying your sinking ship is fine, because the others are sinking quicker.

Depending on your country, you may be on an automated watchlist. That doesn't really mean much at first. Most people seem to believe surveilance means they have real agents looking at all that shit. Which is impossible.

The more flags you raise, the closer they look at you. But unless you are in direct contact with people of interest or take suspicious action (buying certain goods or flight tickets with your card), it is unlikely anyone will ever look at you.

That that it isn't still fucked up. It just means it's less likely you'll make it through airport security without a hitch, should you ever chose to travel to the middle-east.

no niggers and muslims as far as I can see, so you're definitely correct

Looking at stocks today is completely missing the point. Yes, UK citizens and corporations are first of all actually poorer today and individuals will have to work more to import less but what's really important is that further investment in and profitability on UK capital are guaranteed to diminish.

The long term structural damage of brexit won't manifest for a while but blood's in the water and most of the world aren't interested in creating favourable trade agreements with an independent Britain. China, EU, and America will all try to fuck you in the ass now since your government has literally no plan on wtf they are doing.

Also the UK will probably go full 1984 since the EU was one of the few restraints on the government from going full retarded on surveillance and censorship. The UK electorate isn't that bright and easily subject to moral panic.

you're assuming the rest of the world maintains the status quo
things are probably going to change significantly over the next few years

gutenberg.org/ebooks/2026
archive.org/details/comingconquestof00niem

wtf are you talking about, US hegemony is as strong as ever and they structure order and creorder... the only difference in a year is either Clinton or Trump (look at who's actually advising Trump on foreign policy, they're all neocons) will have a more aggressive foreign policy to forward their interests.
Britain has no weight to throw around, US decides what happens and they're looking out for themselves which might mean weakening the EU with Trump but that can't lead to anything but a massive decline in global profitability and towards much bigger troubles and a global melt down worse than 1929.

1984 by George Orwell and since they just left Europe it looks like it will become a reality

why r britbongs so ugly

right cheeky comment m8
you wouldn't want me to contact the fuzz and report you for cyber bullying would u?

>the fuzz
sure u don't mean the bloody rozzers there m8?

inbreeding
steady diet of fish and chips, lager and meat pies

Basically any book that describes economic recessions and failed economic policies.

the fuzz?

You mean the old bill right?

Not a book, but the movie Children of Men is a pretty accurate deception of a isolated, fascist UK with a slowly dying economy and demonisationnof immigrants.