Pharma industry insider here. Over a decade of R&D, sourcing/supply chain logistics...

Pharma industry insider here. Over a decade of R&D, sourcing/supply chain logistics, and clinical practice in endocrinology. I'll be here until grandpa stops shitting himself answering questions on anything related to the medical and pharmaceutical application of blockchain.

vechain?

What, in your opinion, is the best use-case for blockchain in medicine, and are there any tokens/coins that accomplish this?

when moon

Will AMB take me to the promised land?

How much data supporting the use of, say, vyvanse, is manufactured and only published if the study is favorable to its use?

VeChain is going to be use for medical device logistics. Insulin pump manufacturing and whatnot. We would NEVER use a Chinese company for raw ingredients or manufacturing. The chinks are the problem to begin with.

Is there room for R&D startups in the industry? Particularly those that specialize in gene therapy?

Mod focuses on the pharmaceutical industry as a temperature regulating service. Is this really a problem which needs solving in the industry?
They stated that now everyone has to use expensive temperature regulating trucks.

Hi , what do you think are the biggest walls to break for blockchain to be used in pharma and what current problem could be solved with it
Thanks in advance

You should know AMB is the real deal then

Supply chain and quality control. Tracing the quality control process of raw chemicals is going to be huge because the chinks are notorious for faking analytics. You have no idea how much money we spend on redoing the testing they've already done.

those pills must be full of concentrated immigrant semen.

Unfavorable data is always hidden. What you can do is check clinicaltrials.gov and see if the results of the study they started were published. If the results weren't published, the study ended unfavorably.

what about pajeets
they make tons of drugs, how is blockchain going to play into their med/pharma industry?

What's your opinion on your indian and asian counterparts?

Modum will fail. Their focus is too narrow and they won't be able to compete with bigger players who have a more grand vision. I view Modum as the weakest of the supply chain companies and it's the only one I haven't invested in.

Given that big pharma is so thoroughly vetted by centralized sources, i.e. big government, what actual practical value does a decentralization have to the industry?

I own AMB VEN and WTC. AMB is my largest holding by a factor of 10. I'll leave it at that.

HIPAA compliance and large scale integration into the supply chain. The real problem that needs to be solved is tracking the quality control process in a trustless way and counterfeit drugs in 2nd world counties like China and India

AMB is my largest holding. If they can do what they are promising we will use them.

Separating the good manufacturers from the shitty ones and making sure their population isn't pointed by cheap shit chink drugs. India had some great raw ingredient manufacturs and they make great generics.

Heres a big one:

Do you HONESTLY think government involvement in the approval of drugs is beneficial in any way?

Providing a trustless and immutable record of supply chain and quality control measures.

100%. It's the only way you have any chance of being assured the drugs you get actually work. The brass only cares about one thing and that's shareholder profits. Better than your lucky fucking stars for the FDA.

what is the advantage of blockchain in medical supply chain? why is blockchain a better alternative than other methods of collecting data?

It's better because it's trustless and can't be changed. When the chinks make a chemical for us they do testing for purity/potency and provide that information to us on a batch by batch basis. The problem is they either fuck up or outright fake that testing all the time. So we have to spent a metric fuckton of money to re-test -every single batch- of chemical we receive. If we could have that data recorded in a way they couldn't alter it would save us so much money.

When we reject a chemical it doesn't get thrown away. They shunt it into second world markets like China, India, Africa. Giving those markets the ability to ensure their drugs were real and unadulterated would save countless lives.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge OP, good stuff.

/thread

How long should I hold AMB? I have savings for 6 months I could pull out 1k and put in AMB will it moon before I run out of savings?

One industry professional to another:

What would you say is the hugest problem with EMR solutions like MEDchain, simply vital, etc?

not complicated question

What is your specialization? What kind of R&D were/are you involved with?

I'll be holding AMB long term depending on how they look in 2019 re: meeting their roadmap and gaining some actual industry adoption. I expect them to have a marketcap at least as high as VeChain.

HIPAA compliance and interoperability with other EMRs. Everyone uses their own EMR and office to office, office to hospital, or hospital to hospital communication is an absolute cluster fuck. Getting HIPAA compliance for public facing information will be next to impossible. I don't see EMR as a viable area for blockchain application.

We develop analogues to plant based chemicals aimed at activating longevity genes like SIRTUINS. We originally were developing resveratrol analogues, but they were too weak. We have much stronger chemicals now. We are focused in lide extension and mimicing the effects of caloric restriction.

AMB are backed by the Swiss Government and have teams from EPFL and ETH Zurich, that's a level of backing that no other solution has. Just check what pharma solutions come out of EPFL and ETH Zurich. Half of Ambrosus team are from these institutes.

I'm getting a job at Cerner. Good corporation to be with or no? Please be gentle don't scare me too bad

Thoughts on a SGYP buyout?

I'm putting together a plan for ethereum smart contract ICO fund raising for a biopharmaceutical startup. The contract and fundraising plan has clearly defined milestones/tranches and hardcoded investor protections, with royalty/milestone payment dividends paid out through token burn, and will register as a securities offering with the SEC. The technology is a proprietary compound platform with multiple use indications. The science is great, but I have difficulty getting VC fun raising as it is still early stage.
Does this look like a viable plan now or say a year from now?

Thanks.

Good answer. You may be real

Congratulations

No. Plecanatide is shit compared to lubiprostone.

It would be the equivalent of a Seed+Series A with funds locked up based on time and multisig authorization of milestone completion.

what other projects besides supply chain are you invested in?

Trips checked.

By the way, how interested are manufacturers and medical companies in blockchain tech? Are they boomer-tier and don't even know about it or are they considering it but just waiting for the right player to come along?

Yes. If you can protect investor confidentiality. Ethereum might be a problem. You might look into something a bit more enterprise focused like Dragonchain.

I'm a pharma student in central Europe doing my bachelor, any advice what I should do afterwards?

The brass aren't blind to anything. They're not stupid. They're waiting for an industry ready product that doesn't come from chinks.

BTC ETH ICX and EOS when it bottoms out after coin dilution.

Develop strong ethics and a deep commitment to bettering humanity. Never put money above people.

Have you even looked into chainlink or just think it's still a meme? Pharmaceutical industry would definitely need a way to get outside data info onto the blockchain.

I haven't invested in link but an oracle solution that could communicate with legacy systems and especially instrumentation would be the holy grail.

How difficult would it be to micro-manage all of your own hormones on a daily basis if someone amputated your pituitary gland?

Kobe Bryant. You must know someone.

Hypophysectomy is complicated to manage, but you will be just fine. Its not that bad. Trust your team.

AMB has just announced partnership with Swiss Coffee Alliance. Pharma partnership next

K O B E
O
B
E

Not crypto related but want do you think of Nova Nordisk? NVO. A bro got me in it good gains so far.

Ok fags I'm out. I'll be back.

Are the issues with Ethereum due to network transparency?
Until regulations pan out more (one of the reasons this is a year out at best), as far as I can tell the only way to make this work is a private placement

I work in the pharmaceutical industry and have made money on crypto but can't tie them toghether at all.
I managed to buy Mod low and sell it high knowing it would pump and dump and avoided DNA because it was a retarded idea but it pisses me off that that crypto runs off hype and partnerships and my knowledge of the industry doesn't help at all.

Off topic but I decided to learn Japanese thinking it would help my career since very few westerners speak it and Japan has such a big presence in the industry. Do you think this was a good call?

Appreciate.

Thoughts on mTOR as a target and more generally metformin for otherwise healthy people?

bump

Do you know anyone who works in Pharmacovigilance?

cetp inhibitors when and which company so i can make zillions

Yo PharmaPhag, PhD candidate in organic chem here. How fucked am I when I go job searching in a couple years?

How can a pharmacist get a non-community job?

All of the drugs are manufactured in China

Just search for entry level jobs in industry.

So you hold a lot of supply chain then? (I see you hold AMB, VEN, WTC)

Any thoughts on TRAC or are you strictly Pharma?

Thoughts on medibloc?

Is Martin going away for 15 yrs or nah?

Thoughts on medicalchain?