If I wanted to induce hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) quickly, painlessly, and with no sense of hunger...

If I wanted to induce hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) quickly, painlessly, and with no sense of hunger, how would I do it?

Insulin seems like it would do the job, but injections aren't always painless, and an oral form doesn't seem to be available.

Drink a lot of vinegar, ~ 1 quart. Your tongue is hooked up to your gastic tract, this is why blood sugar rises in response to artificial sweeteners. If you give it something the opposite of sweet, your blood sugar will go down.

Can I ask why you would want to induce hypoglycemia?

there are people who have died drinking this much vinegar, ignore this poster's comment he's a troll

Type 1 diabetic here. If you find insulin shots painful you are a massive pussy.

You only need around 10mg to induce hypoglycemia and there are syringes that go up to 30mg that are like 1-2cm long at most.

But for real though why do you want to do this? If you're trying to commit suicide I can tell you that you will very likely fail and hypoglycemic shock is not a pleasant experience.

Pickles, then. I used a spoonful ACV for a mild throat infection once, the stuff burns, so I'm not drinking it.

>If you give it something the opposite of sweet, your blood sugar will go down.
Maybe this explains aperitifs.

Pic related.
There's a theory that we change our behaviour patterns in response to extreme shocks. It's called abreaction.

e.g. we starve and exhaust ourselves wandering, find food and swear never to let it happen again. What we blame for the shock can be made repulsive, what we believe saved us can be made desirable. I'm trying to change some habits with shock therapy.

Obviously, not electrical shock therapy. I have no intention of injuring myself.

I can't actually remember the last time I had an injection, so I don't know whether I find them painful or not. I would also prefer todraw out the experience over maybe 36 to 48 hours. I think an injection would be too fast-acting.

I think insulin shock therapy in combination with sleeplessness and maybe a hike of some kind would put me in a desperate, suggestible state. I can then listen to some recordings of myself telling me how I can avoid this in the future, and I'll believe it, because I would know that I would try that bullshit again if it didn't work.

...Actually, I misspoke. It's called a transmarginal state, and abreaction is a form of transmarginal state created by dredging up traumatic memories, usually memories of "first hand" transmarginal states like shell shock.

I am mostly going on William Sargant's book "Battle for the Mind."

And what exactly are these "behaviours" that you wish to wean?

Mostly poor motivation and lack of self-discipline. I'm still in the R&D phase, so I have yet to formulate the "speech."
End goal is to make me enthusiastic about completing my various half-finished personal projects in a disciplined manner. Sort of a rebirth.

It sounds mystical, but that's because mystics are the only ones who have historically made use of this natural resetting process. It's not learning so much as an emergency shifting of gears.

I don't know user, I mean you'd have to be doing a lot of "shocking" as it work to be motivated, if you have a habit of continuously procrastinating. I must admit I have the same problem, but I don't think I'd attempt anything quite like that. I'm taking a more traditional approach and going to try the pomodoro technique. I have lists, and calendars and stuff set up but I have a habit of dismissing the schedules I set when the date nears, or on the day.

I can assure you trying to do this wih hypoglycemia will not give you the results you want.

If you're doing this alone, you're asking for trouble since there's gonna be no one there to administer you sugar/glucagon in the event you go dangerously low. And you will not be in the right state of mind to do it yourself if you truly induce hypoglycemic shock/coma.

Besides all that, you will likely start to panic before you actually get to that point. Violent shaking, profuse sweating, extreme fatigue, blurred vision, and incoherent thoughts are easy to write off if you're just reading about them, but when you're experiencing them all at once it will not feel pleasant, I promise you. If you have any kind of mental disorder (particularly anxiety) this can even trigger panic attacks or psychotic thoughts, which will introduce a whole new set of problems on top of your hypoglycemia.

This isn't some trial by fire whereby enduring it you'll reach Nirvana. This is a physiological reaction that is your body's way of shutting down as you die. Do not attempt this.

Is hypoglycemia an absolute state, or is there such a thing as mild hypoglycemia that doesn't induce a coma?

I've got a lot of irons in the fire, so I don't need all of them to be extreme in their effect.

>injections aren't always painless
Tinkerbell pls

>Is hypoglycemia an absolute state
can you even in2 research

Look, do you really think I want to be found unconscious in a national park with an empty syringe?

this guy knows what he's talking about. And despite all this, what you're thinking about is very unpractical because your body will try to raise your sugar on its own, meaning you would have to find the exact amount of insulin that gets you low without getting into a coma, and then the dose of insulin to stay at that exact level. That's really not something you'll pull off with a spoon of vinegar

I actually entered a fugue state once by taking too much insulin (type 1 diabetic) and had to be carted off in an ambulance to the ER. The doctor said I could have gone in a coma if my dad didn't find me wandering in the backyard shouting incomprehnsible babble like a madman.

It felt like I was tripping on a lot of acid basically.

I don't think it did anything positive. It might have actually damaged my brain; I hope I have recovered fully.

>I think insulin shock therapy in combination with sleeplessness and maybe a hike of some kind would put me in a desperate, suggestible state.

Absolutely do not ever do this. You need someone around you if you're going to experiment with dosing insulin. Taking insulin when you don't need it is literally courting death.

Honestly I would recommend just taking hallucinogenic drugs. It can induce personality changes in some people and is a lot less risky.

Vinegar will quickly eat away at all layers of the GI tract and cause a very painful and unrecoverable death over the course of a few hours to a few days at a hospice if You get hospitalized for suicide.

Whats the real problem? get it off Your chest.. all of it. its all anonymous.

Whats up?

We are still here.

This is very similar to what I want to accomplish, except more intense.
Don't want to lecture, but it wasn't positive because there was no carrot or stick involved. It just happened and then stopped happening, so you didn't develop an averse or positive conditioning towards your before and after states.

If you had some kind of repressed trauma like a period of shell shock, then temporarily going mad could have "gotten it off your chest," so to speak, but that wasn't the case either.

I've definitely decided not to go it alone, if I do use insulin at all.

Fasting might be just as effective, in which case I'm interested in milder diabetic medication I can abuse, as well as appetite suppressants.

The real problem is your reading comprehension.

>I wanted to induce hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) quickly, painlessly, and with no sense of hunger, how would I do it?

>Obviously, not electrical shock therapy. I have no intention of injuring myself.

Retard alert!