Can you breed humans like dogs?

and if so does that mean that some human behavior is genetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Domesticated_Red_Fox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how does the first question question relates to the second directly?

well breeding is mostly about behavior and capabilities rather than just appearance and build

like German Shepard and working dogs compared to pit bulls and such

also
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Domesticated_Red_Fox

Why would selective breeding only apply to dogs?

>Does that mean that some human behaviour is genetic?

Nope, human behaviour is a social construct.

>animal behaviour is genetic
>human behaviour is a social construct
>humans aren't animals

Where were you when blank slatists went full retard?

>Down syndrome is a social construct
>schizophrenia is a social construct
>Brunner syndrome is a social construct

Dude, you can totally breed humans like dogs. You can pretty much do it with any sexually reproducing animal

It's not really feasible with longer living species unless you get people to continue your work

You could just use them for slave labour or harvest their organs. It really is something we should do when you think about it.

>can you breed humans like dogs?
Yes, without consideration for moral and ethical outrage you could breed humans in the same way you breed dogs.

>and if so does that mean that some human behavior is genetic?
Everything begins genetic, then it is altered through environmental stimulus which may cause behaviour that is different from the original genetic predisposition. Say, you had a docile dog and you abused it. It wouldn't be a docile animal, but rather feral and aggressive.

Essentially, yeah, if you were an immortal being you could artificially select certain humans for their traits and create, say, aggressive humans, smart humans, and a docile humans. This would be done with selectively breeding humans with favourable qualities with one another (smart with smart, aggressive with aggressive). This is essentially how dog breeding is done, and the practice is extended to other animals such as cows, sheep, etc.. Regardless, I digress.

This user is an idiot, and is completely wrong.

Both these anons are correct.

The process which I stated above is extremely dumbed down, but in essence that's how it would be done. Also, I would argue that all human behaviour is genetic inherently, and then altered through environment (but that's not to say the behaviour didn't pop out of nowhere, it came from their genetic deposition). This is genetic determinism.

Of course, that is exactly what was being done with slaves.

Taboos dictate human behavior. The taboo is essentially what defines "human" and language is entirely social.

The question wasn't whether it's feasible.

please go to a different board

Apparently, a lot of human social behavior is driven by our immunities. That's right, those white blood cell microbe fuckers control almost everything we do. We're their slaves. We just think we're in control of ourselves. But that is completely wrong.

so whats the difference between race and a dog breed? If races are like dog breed doesn't it mean its possible that some races have different naturally imbued susceptibility to certain behavior?

Psyche > Immune System

Yes to both the more important question is to what degree do genetics influence behavior and how it interacts with the envirement.

Does it really matter?
The number of humans, which are born with no mental defects, is so large that you have humans being born and raised in every conceivable environment.

As environment tends to win out over genetic predisposition, you can have human behaviors that are not "bred", but "raised".

Society churns out these behaviors like clockwork, and would in theory weed out ones that we don't like (although welfare and other social programs play a large part in counteracting this phenomenon)

Shhh... We aren't allowed to talk about that.

that's the same with dogs you tard
pit bulls can be raised to be good dogs but they're still pit bulls

source?

Do we actually have records of dedicated human husbandry?

Yep.

Fucking the prettiest slave girls isn't what we mean by selective breeding.

that guy is a manlet.

If you started out with 100 white people with no non-European ancestors in the last century or so, and sterilized the lighter-skinned half at each generation, how many generations would it take to get black people?

You wouldn't get "Black people", you would get dark-skinned Europeans.

Have them consider not just skin tone but also facial features, hair, etc.

Of course not

Our behavior is based on your soul and free will given to you by God.

Genetics have no effect on it. We all choose and are responsible for all outcomes. Biology/physics etc don't apply to human souls.

The reason someone can focus more or another has schizophrenia is free will and salvation through God.

Genetic determinism is a trick of the devil.

>the soul
>independent of the body
Check your theology user.

Well if we're jumping on the crazy train then sure, God Did It answers everything and anything. I guess the doctors and scientists can close up shop.

But back in reality the lifespan problem really is the issue. It's hard to get people dedicated to a single plan for the required few hundred years. Slaves *might* be an exception, but that would only be in general terms of physical build and docility (and look how well the docility thing has worked).

Could do it, yes. Practical to do it? Extremes of difficulty.

>docile humans
Ever read up on the Milgram experiments? People seem really obedient to authority these days, don't even question it. At some point there is no way back and we turn into insects, humanity dies.

Never heard of it, or looked into it user.

Oh, actually, I'm just looking at it now. I was familiar with the experiment, I just never knew the name of it. I'd argue that the experiment wasn't shown the obedience of the modern man, but rather, the innate human tendency to carry out the commands of the "alpha." You see this in wolf packs, and other social creatures.

i bred with ym like a dog lol as in doggy style LOL

Oh, I get it. She's touching the tip of the bayonet as though it's the tip of a foreskin or glans. And licking the ice cream cone, which also resembles a phallus.

It's sexual innuendo.

Due to our first and second Chromosome fusing aprox 10 million years ago, our genetic code is actually kind of super unique, as are our brains.

The human brain is considered to be one of the most complex things on the Planet, much more so than any other living organism.

A human beings brain doesn't just play around with input, storage, analysis and output; the matrix of the human brain is so complicated that it's creative aspects and coping aspects are a bit of a puzzler for both biologists and neurologists.

Can you train a person to behave like a dog?
Well, how could you be sure they're not intentionally playing along, or that they're not just stuck in Plato's Cave?

The answer: you can't.

But animals are smart, and humans are very smart.
Just because presets for response to conditioning exist, it doesn't mean behavior itself is entirely or even mostly genetic.

Humans can't control everything because diversity is a law.
Only electrons are alike, anything on the atomic level and above is subject to diversity, relativity and distinction.
Even clones are different.
That PC you're using? Not mechanically nor molecularly identical to it's millions of siblings.
Everything would have to function in quantum sync to be the same, and it doesn't... and environmental differences play a role.

It is genetic ultimately, and the way your life overall has taught you to behave towards others.

But feelings such as feeling horny makes you do things even if you want it or not, and feeling hungry, pain, so on. So yes, it is genetic, because those feelings are that.

Relevance?

The problem with pits isn't that they are fucking crazy, it's that they have lock jaws so you can't get them off of shit. It's more of a physical problem than a mental one.

cute picture

what are you doing on this board

Humans are a shitty candidate for selective breeding. Human child rearing is long, laborious, extremely stressful to both parental figures, and even producing one kid can risk the life of the mother much less the repeated trials you would need for a proper genetic base.

Dogs are easy to select for because you can just pick the best ones from the litter every time the bitch gets bred. It doesn't work that way with humans.

And the slave selective breeding thing is myth - and has mostly been pushed by popsci and athletes like Michael Jordan. Southern aristocrats were not enlightened natural philosophers with an eye toward Mendel. They just wanted cotton pickers to make more profit with.

You could argue that. But eugenics tends to be a controversial subject even in science.

anti-eugenics is anti-science
its in the same league as people who are against gmo, vaccines, or stem cells

they are the enemies of progress and spreaders of ignorance

This.
Eugenics just has a bad reputation because of muh Nazis. It should be the policy of every scientifically inclined government.

t. lysenko

>selective breeding in CURRENT CENTURY

Come on Veeky Forums, it's more efficient to use genetic engineering, nanotechnology, cybernetics, and pharmacology. You can do it in one generation rather than millennia of luck-fucking.

And there's this guy who forgot that dogs have to be trained. If you breed a dog but don't train it, it won't behave like a dog but like a wolf or a coyote.

Are GMOs that bad?

This is not fully true. While training is important, different breeds have distinctly different instincts.

Shush. Let them live the fantasy.

it's ok man, I'd rather awareness.

Yes, and there is significant evidence that humans have become domesticated.

Specifically:

Lowered bone-density
Lowered tesosterone
Impacted wisdom teeth
Smaller jaws
Smaller skulls
Decreasing brain size
Decreasing genitalia size

Domesticated animals are in fact dumber and less dominant than non-domesticated ones.

Domesticated animals are also more controllable.

Wolves for instance are more intelligent than dogs and can even read human body language better than dogs, but are less trainable.

Humans have become domesticated and will be domesticated further.

I was raging, it was late, in the world my demons cultivate. I felt the strangest emotion, but it wasn't hate, for once.

>Can you breed humans like dogs?
What, like on all fours?
Yeah, that shit works fine.

Think before you post

Yes, but dogs can be bred at ~2 years while with humans it takes ~14 years.

7 times the time investment.

Psyche == Digestive tract.

Your intestinal flora control your mood.
>way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Nice.

>cybernetics over organic modification

get out pleb

We already do. There's a reason why girls want to fuck Chads, but manlets have a hard time finding someone who wants to fuck them.

According to French constitution, races do not exist.

I would say to you to at least think while you post.

yes

Only 5 or 10 generations. Melanin response to selective pressure happens FAST. Similar to dogs, but to a much lesser extent, a lot of our 'unused' genes are waiting in the wings to get turned back on (and off). This lets organisms respond to selective pressures (especially those caused by catastrophes) much more quickly than standard mutation would allow for.

...until the age of 26, when the boring fucks like most of Veeky Forums, who were forced into focusing on their career have boatloads of cash and those former whores (who now aren't worth the dick) are climbing all over you. Don't fall for it though.

you'll get mal-adapted humans with vitamin d deficiency.

kek, what does it read?

>well breeding is mostly about behavior and capabilities rather than just appearance and build
>like German Shepard and working dogs compared to pit bulls and such
Woooooow, breedist asshole. Generalize much? You can't just judge a dog based on it's fur color.
#notallpitbulls

learn japanese and you'll find out

>while 40 year old chad is still fucking 21 year olds some sad losers slave away to provide infinite disposable income their used up whore gold digger wife who's only with them for their money

Breeding takes too long, genetic engineering is where it's at.

He said some.

You know it isn't all a social construct you dipshit. Even if most was we'd still have to have built in acquisition devices and such. And that's ignoring unconscious behaviors like fucking breathing.

Shame the french constitution doesn't get to decide.

>touching the tip
>licking the cream
WHAT DID SHE MEAN BY THIS

I've grown up around cults and fundamentalist religions (I myself in one for a while), and have read into a bunch others.

"Breeding" human behavior is easy as shit and it's done all the time. The lifespan thing is not an issue at all.

Behavior is a response to value driven urges outputted by our brain in response to its assessment of past experiences.

You wanna train someone's behavior? You manipulate their values by reinterpreting their past experiences in a light that favors your agenda for them. You convince them they're something their not in order to respond in predictable ways to a false reality you created for them.

You then isolate them from the world into a bubble of like-minded folk by deeply instilling the fear of death/ god. Plenty of ways to do that, most I've seen just go with the whole

If need be, you can churn these people out easily by convincing them withholding from childbearing is against their nature. You also need to make sure they remain in tight family units which each come together at least weekly so your reality can be properly instilled.

Evangelism is tough depending on how cracray your reality is, but most people are confused and desperate enough to latch onto anything socially meaningful.

Sounds fedora af I know, and maybe too simplistic. But I've experienced it first hand and see it everywhere so go fuck yourself.

FEDORA. YOU'RE A FEDORA.

YOU ARE A LIVING MEME.

Evangelicals are cancer eating at both science and the true word of God.

So this means that some humans are inherently better than other humans correct? Like how German Sheperds are better police dogs than Golden Retrievers and such.

isn't there like an age limit here

Just gonna put this here.

Yes
and
yes.

>better than other humans correct?

That's an extremely broad statement.

Better at what?

math

Better at performing certain tasks than others. Sorta like a caste system in some ways.
>mfw future humans are basically man-sized ants.

>you will never be a darth vader cock monster riding a human antelope

do you even need to ask?
yes
the answer is yes

Psychology is pseudo science, to say that something like "X group tends to be rowdy" and pin it on genetics is retarded, brain, especially the human brain, is extremely complex, the variations in personality are always just complex reactions to peoples lives, when a psychologist "diagnoses" someone with autism, it isnt that there is actually an objective, defined problem with that person, its just a subjective wishy washy explanation for someone with a certain personality, but we treat it like its the same as something like down syndrome, which is something with clear, concrete physical and genetic characteristics, you don't rely on their behavior to tell who has it.

Most survive the happening.

Dr.Pavel i'm CAT

I think you could, if you made humans who had genes that large ears procreate you'd eventually end up with lots of individuals with large ears.

if you think people are superior just because they have light hair and eyes I am afraid you're an idiot, and you should be sterilized.

Inherently better in some things, Shepards make better police dogs and Retrievers make better service dogs.

>Can you breed humans like dogs?
Yeah, but you'd have to make sure you don't end up with overly-interbred subspecies rife with sicknesses, like some dog breeds (or, well, Habsburgs). It might be a good idea to keep a population of freely breeding humans for backup of genetic diversity.

you can breed cousins with no threat of problems
you just cant do that over and over again within one family. which isnt too hard to prevent

That's like asking if Santa lets his elves respond to letters he received.

I've got my kennels and feeding bowls and collars and leashes ready. Let's do this!

For science!