Math board!!!!!!

I honestly come to Veeky Forums just for the math, I'm not interested in science at all, only mathematics.
We could also allow homework helping, mathematics only, since most people are posting it here instead at /wsr. What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncatlab.org/nlab/show/red herring principle
math.stackexchange.com/questions/1537428/why-is-the-fundamental-group-of-a-topological-group-independent-of-the-basepoint),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my thoughts are that you're a fag!!!!!! and a retard!!!!!!, go away, do your summer assignments

if you need help with your homework find a tutor or work harder

gtfo

I don't want any homework help, I'm just sick of shitpost of /sci. Think about it, wouldn't it better to have a Math board?

OP, this board is only good for Math.

Hardly anyone on this board seems to understand science or have any significant level of scientific understanding.

This board should just be called 'Formal Logic and Shitposting' (FLS).

It would be a thousand times better.

We can have math related shitpost and not science.

It's much less common than 'science' shit posting.

To me, interesting science is either
- science news of any subject (items you consume in 2 minutes and then, often, there isn't much to discuss)
- 3rd year or above physics problems (which mostly translate to a problem in math immediately)
And even the math miss-understandings (if they are about a more advanced subject) often come down to an miss-understanding on a lower formal level, and thus people do more formal stuff here. My guess.

PS I'd add philosophy of math and science to your list of stuff worth discussing.

Fuck off. Veeky Forums is already slow as fuck. Splitting off a section from it would lead to two dead boards. What we need are more active posters. You want math threads? Then create some. And you better make them interesting. Concerning the banter, learn to deal with it. This isn't stackexchange.

That's because it's summer.
Stackexchange isn't a meme board.
We should vote on it.

science related shitsposting is easy because EVERY popsci video article is about science and NOT math, this is the reason why shitposting about math is a lot harder.

>shitposting about math is a lot harder.
0.999 = 1
1 + 2 + 3 + ... = -1/12
Wildburger
Barnett triple integals
6/2(1+2) = 9 or = 1

Apart from Barnett triple integrals, these are all topics that people just don't want to invest time into and understand.
Veeky Forums could collectively attempt to write wiki faq pages and that can be extended by the community and at least try to agree to just relate back to it

Yes, I agree.

It's also why arxiv.org isn't plagued by meme papers, whereas journals dealing in psychology and medicine are.

>It's too complicated for most people to understand.

>Maths
Why not
Philosophy, Maths & Programming

we can call it /Phi/

That's a good idea, Start a post?
>Philosophy >philosophy >philosophy

> >thought

Where were you when you realized that for a topological group [math]G[/math] with multiplication [math]\mu:G\times G\to G[/math], the induced map [math]\mu_*:\pi_1(G)\times \pi_1(G) \to \pi_1(G)[/math] is the same thing as composing paths? These are exciting times.

>babby's first Eckmann-Hilton argument

You can frogpost all you want; I learned something new and can use it to prove all sorts of nice things.

G is a meme?
I honestly don't know what you're talking about.
But... I've read a bit and found out that "The face that G is a topological group is a red herring". And I've no idea what that means.

Pic related should make everything clear

ncatlab.org/nlab/show/red herring principle

(I feel like I'm posting lots of links today, someone tell me if I should stop)

If you saw that here (math.stackexchange.com/questions/1537428/why-is-the-fundamental-group-of-a-topological-group-independent-of-the-basepoint), then he's just saying that the fact being proved isn't really a result of being a topological group, but is the result of something that just happens to be true for topological groups.