First of all, I believe that I’m an arrogant person, so bear with me

First of all, I believe that I’m an arrogant person, so bear with me.

During the last 6 years of my life, I have been surrounded by very capable and intelligent people at my university, and I really like the way they enrich my life by having conversations about science related matters or just talking about the best methods to succeed in your job.

I’m grateful for that, but the moment I step outside the university, it seems that almost everyone is a retard. It seems like people are not just ignorant of primary school concepts, but they are always willing to defend any point in any argument regardless of how little foundation they have.

I tried and succeed at having normal conversations, but it is extremely boring to me, so I don’t see the point.

I barely have time to see my friends anymore, since everyone is following his own path.

My question is: how do you deal with boredom and the false feeling of superiority when you have to deal with people on a daily basis?

Book smarts isn't the end all be all.

You might be good at x.
A retard might be good at y.

Use your intellectual superiority to solve for y and you will see that either you can't and are also retarded, or that you have common ground in being good at something

>My question is: how do you deal with boredom and the false feeling of superiority when you have to deal with people on a daily basis?

Hate everyone equally, including yourself.

I already hate myself, but that’s a different problem for a different day.

I would like to focus on not hating people that don’t deserve it.

Focus instead on coming to terms with why you do actually think that they deserve it.

1 vs1 me on COD m9. Ill show u whos superior you lil cunt

It seems that most people have no ambitions or will to do anything. They spend their lives doing just the bare minimum to have their basic needs covered and spending the rest of the time eating, watching tv or spending time on the internet.

I don’t even know if they are aware of their situation or if they want to change, but the lack of effort that characterizes every action they perform is kind of obnoxious.

Maybe they are too worried raising their own children besides doing their own 9 to 5 jobs or maybe I’m wrong and I’m just too arrogant to see something I’m missing.

What fallacies do you believe an individual such as those you describe might have become content with committing at least once (if not often) in order to allow such a scenario to unfold?

Is not about the things they do, it's about the ones they don't.

I don't care about their hobbies, trades, passions or anything, but the lack of interest is unnerving.

They don’t get up early to make the most out of their day and they don’t do anything productive after 5.

They don’t spend 5 minutes more in any assignment in order to have an improved result.

They don’t care about any world event regardless of how much it may affect them.

It seems like apathy.

I don't care about their hobbies, trades, passions or anything, is about

>It seems that most people have no ambitions or will to do anything
>the lack of effort that characterizes every action they perform is kind of obnoxious

Im very interested in hearing what exactly is your driving force? What ambitions raise you above the hordes of underachievers that are content with their 9-5 jobs while living a comfortable family life. Do you feel like you are destined for greatness?

I myself am completely content with my comfortable, secure and relatively well-paying job and dont feel like im missing on anything by wasting my free time on ultimately pointless hobbies. Im happy with my life.

I thought most people in university were retards too.

I wouldn’t say that I am an overachiever, I have had my fair share of failures.

But I’m always willing to give my best effort just to see how far can I go. I know that I won’t be the best in any field, but that doesn’t stop me. I like the feeling of accomplishment when I finish something and I’m proud of the result.

>Im happy with my life.
Bullshit.

but if not, please teach me how to do it

Acknowledge their inferiority, and use that inferiority to your advantage through tactical manipulation to serve your agenda. This is how I reconciled it.

Hi, back again.

I didn't ask about actions made, but faults in decision making, calculating probabilities, and analysis of the environment. Faults in logic.

Logical fallacies can be as easily involved with action as with inaction.

Simply, detail the logical flaws you believe responsible for the laziness/complacency you described.

Arrogance doesn't pay. Life always knocks you down. It's just a matter of time.

In fact, being separated from your friends is life trying to knock you down already.

What will happen is, you will start to reevaluate how important it is that you have the cognitive skills you have.

You will likely never enjoy boring conversation, though. You will probably become withdrawn, but you will start to enjoy it.

>life trying
nigga what

turn of phrase

some people get stuck in shitty life situations and don't have a clear path out. i'd tune out too. you're lucky that you have something to work for.

not sure if responding to OP twice but
>the moment I step outside the university, it seems that almost everyone is a retard.
that's because they objectively are. unless there's a reason to deal with them, don't.

i wouldn't think of it as a sense of superiority so much as meeting your needs. why have friendships if you don't enjoy them?

Then you are being tautological

whatevs

Misuse of anecdotal experiences. Maybe they went through certain events through their lives (childhood trauma, poor performance in x field…) that are conditioning their current behavior.

Misuse of statistic evidence. Since the probability of failing doing x is high, they won’t try it.

I’m guilty of the same, to a certain extent. I’m not sure if I answered your questions the way you wanted.

Thanks for the advice. Now that my friends are in different cities, I feel kind of alone.

I never was a social person and I think that I will never be, but I used to enjoy their company. It seems that life is going to hit us in some way, and is up to us to keep going.

This thread is embarassing and for me further indication that intelligence and self-awareness are two different things.

OP doesn't know how to have fun, and not take everything seriously. OP forgot play(times)...

Don't be numb. You're going to die one day.

>intelligence and self-awareness are two different things
Of course. Having intelligence is like giving a monkey a graphing calculator.

Care to elaborate?

>Don't be numb.
Easy to say. It's not something within your conscious control.

i don't think that's entirely true. if you read the news at all you'll see that socioeconomic mobility is becoming more and more stagnant. there just isn't a lot of opportunity.

funny you should say that tho, i just had a therapist accuse me of the same thing. i'd be willing to accept her view and change my behavior if there were an offchance she were right, but you know what they say about repeating the same action and expecting a different result.

if you like your friends, keep them around. it's hard to tell from your op whether or not these are the same people who are boring you. unfortunately most of us aren't ever exposed to that same academic rigor you have in the various top 20 unis, and intellectual stagnation seeps in. life isn't that complicated after all, and most things you learn in school aren't all that useful to the activities of daily living.

I think he's saying that intelligence is just a tool that our deeper, animal selves use for their ends. Which is true. Human motivations, if you strip them of the layers of scientific advancement, remain as primitive as those of dumb apes. At its most basic, all animals desire the same things, and having this tool at our disposal doesn't change that.

Sounds pretty arrogant, desu.
People are very interesting, even if it's in a this-person-is-scum sort of way. Become a better listener and practice empathy.

not really, an education is supposed to teach you to rigorously analyze your own biases. some people's socalled superego overwhelm their socalled reptilian brains after all. speak for yourself i guess.

You don't understand. Science does not address normativity in the slightest. That's not what it's for.

op is probly a lot smarter than you user. it's okay if you don't get it but no need to lay out judgments.

>liberal arts education
intelligence /= science
still even scientists are expected to learn professional ethics, and construct arguments which at least have the appearance of objectivity.

It sounds to me that this is the type of conversation r9K would have if they were intelligent enough to do so. This has been a good read.

I have nothing to contribute so here's a pic.

Out of curiosity;
What were you doing in those 6 year?
What were you learning?

Don't do it op, or this thread will become a dick measuring contest.

Let it be.
Let it beeeeee
Isn't that what Veeky Forums is all about?
Besides OP is freely to do whatever he pleases.

Raising kids changes everything. Once you have kids it becomes about them and not about you, unless you're a nigger

That's kind or right. I dedicate very little time to have fun.

I understand you, and the amount of weight that dumb luck can have in some people’s lives is demoralizing.

That’s what I thought. I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with my parents when I was younger, but I felt that they were sacrificing themselves on my behalf. Personally, I find a little hard to imagine all the extra work that people put into raising their children.

Thought I was reading Dostoevsky for a second

Viscera is more common than cerebra. Therefore, you need to try to relate to people on those levels. It's most uncommon to find someone willing (and with the necessary background) to discuss a dense subject like math or physics immediately upon meeting somebody new. People are afraid to look stupid or uninformed. It's more common to find people willing and able to talk about topics that are easier to bullshit in, like art, politics, and philosophy (careful with politics though). And it's most common to find people willing and able to talk about themselves or their immediate surroundings/happenings.

So, with the above knowledge, you need to go out in the world and use it. If you don't like art or philosophy, or are incapable in pulling out the complexities of everyday life, then you're going to have to learn to do so. Begin reading novels, take up and artistic hobby, and so on. If you're not seeing the point in a "normal" conversation, then it seems like you're missing the ability to connect with people. Learn to do that and you'll greatly enjoy human interaction.

op, you're a fucking loser. i think you're a fucking loser, your parents think you're a fucking loser, you're not actually good at things you just talk. stop being a fucking loser.

This is incredibly well-said.

Applause.

OP here.

This sure was an interesting experience.

I want to thank every poster in this thread for his time and wisdom.

I usually let it slip and let go of my frustrations when being back with people who didn't fail primary school

OP sounds like an entitled kid spending his youth in college with zero responsibility and life experience, then wonder why nobody wants to circle jerks with him besides other college kids.

Outside of uni though, life is pretty plain: work, eat, pay bills, take care of your loved ones, the end.

>They spend their lives doing just the bare minimum to have their basic needs covered and spending the rest of the time eating, watching tv or spending time on the internet.
What would you do differently with your spare time, if you had a family to support and were working a full time job? I'm not being flippant by the way.

found the sour loser

Skimming over what you have said OP, you're going through something that I myself have been burdened with and most likely lots of other people you know.

The fact of the matter is those people are not like you.

You can be confused at why they don't realise opportunity when it seems to visible to you, or become disgruntled by how ignorant people can be, but the fact of the matter is that those people for some reason or another do not internalise things they are exposed to on the same level you do.

You can't be expected to get along with or have an engaging conversation with people you have little to nothing in common with. This is the reason why you don't want to talk to them, and they see no point in giving you an honest intellectual discussion.

I don't get angry that some people are retarded, I don't get angry when even my own relatives brush off things I say as "being way too technical sounding". I focus on myself and accept others for the way they are, which sometimes means accepting there is no point talking to them.

Simple, yet it's a slow process.

You just said you don't know why people act like that so you are a brainlet who don't know social management nor how to convince yourself and have fun anytime.

>I barely have time to see my friends anymore, since everyone is following his own path.
At least you noticed. Your friends will probably take other paths. You will meet and know new people who shares the same path as you(almost). You will enjoy their company.

>false feeling of superiority
Because you are too ignorant. It's not a big deal if you know more than others. You are just a simple man who have more experience in something than others.

>boredom
Another trait of ignorance. Most people don't even know the human being have a lot of potential. There are too much things, you can't master all of them in a lifetime. Choose what apasionate you.

It's what said.

Did you heard: "Dominate yourself, then dominate others"?

Social satisfaction is a result of personal satisfaction.

If you don't feel good with yourself, you won't feel good at almost anything involving your actions ever.

Fucking brainlets.
>people are not like you.
People are almost the same as you OP.
They just have different experiences and education (+DNA differences).
That's why seduction and social techniques are a thing. They are pretty useful.

>which sometimes means accepting there is no point talking to them.
If OP wanted to talk to them, there was a point.

OP, are you autistic?

Not everyone shuts themselves inside their room all day doing puzzles. There's more to society than math.

Are you autistic?

It depends how are you with me ;^)

Amen.

True.

OP see pic.