Daily bookshelve thread

Daily bookshelve thread.

Ive updated from last time, pls be gentle guise and validate my patrician ego.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Quotations-Chairman-Tse-tung-Maos-Little/dp/B0084O7YH6
amazon.com/dp/0795348215/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2/189-7840999-0448539?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=SXVTJZZHQMD54ZYKDKFW&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1944687522&pf_rd_i=097931190X
amazon.com/Enlarge-Your-Penis-Naturally-Stretcher/dp/1523468688
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

On the side.

the old one hasn't even hit R:100

I said DAILY desu reeeeeeee

i like the bookmark on the first page of GR

It's gonna be there for a while, methinks.

I think so too. Expecially with the plato and kant reading groups coming up and my own reading group. Got myself quite busy.

Bow down to the well read gentleman of knowledge

>trigger warning

45% memes, 50% pleb

if you run for president while there is a sitting president whose term is not up, but you say "I just want to be president for one day", you still can't be president

B...but i followed all of /lit's ways and acquired all the books lit told me were big boy books.....where did i go wrong?! Why cant i fit in even on Veeky Forums.

Great collection. How was War and peace?

No you didn't. You have 0/3 books of the meme trilogy.

I...i have two!

i dont like anime but that is a very cute picture

Look at your books, dude. You haven't even read most of them, theyre physically untouched. Stop posturing and namefagging, and stop shitting up Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums with your [most likely underage] pseud bullshit.

>wade-giles chinese
i hate it, i hate it so much

PS: OP, go back to /r9k/

bump

You can't be serious. Think for yourself, faggot.

here's my bookshelf
it's houses my 3 books that are made out of diamonds
do not mind that purple one at the bottom, it is a failed experiment
(it's a book made out of grape jam and strawberry cottage cheese)
sorry about the quality my camera isn't v good

How does one find 'reading groups?'

i'm an artist not appreciated (read: apree-see-ated) in my own time

>here's my bookshelf
>it's houses my 3 books that are made out of diamonds
>do not mind that purple one at the bottom, it is a failed experiment
>(it's a book made out of grape jam and strawberry cottage cheese)
>sorry about the quality my camera isn't v good
I'm cringing. Are you six? I literally feel sick reading this.

some people know how to read books without breaking spines. None of my books have broken spines

i'm a prodigy

You can always tell who the memesters are when you see Critique of pure reason next to shit like a brave new world or the art of war.

Not the spines. The pages you poser.

This. OP bought all of his books after seeing them on Veeky Forums then started an entirely new bookshelf thread when there is already one up.

There is one thread earlier about the kant reading group on /lit. I think there was the plato reading group earlier on /his but it archived. If you are interested, drop your email and I can add you to the plato group. We are starting Apology i think monday and more info will be available once u join. :)

i don't think an actual book made out of diamonds would be transparent like that. there would be too many reflective surfaces

What other Kant and Plato have you read? That's a nice copy of War and Peace, how was that? And Gravity's rainbow too, what did you think? Pseud faggot.

jelly of that hardcover Think and Grow Rich. what's the story on that? whats the other book?

what do you think of the league of extraordinary gentlemen volume 3?

i have volumes 1 and 2 and i like them but i recall vol 3 didn't get a very good reception when it was released

Where did you order the Quotations from Chairman Mao book? I want an English pocket-sized copy to give PTSD to older Chinese people I see around here.

My dad bought it for me in china. But I think you can try this link.
amazon.com/Quotations-Chairman-Tse-tung-Maos-Little/dp/B0084O7YH6

but here is something you can use to give PTSD to younger liberals that fill your surrounding.

amazon.com/dp/0795348215/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2/189-7840999-0448539?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=SXVTJZZHQMD54ZYKDKFW&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1944687522&pf_rd_i=097931190X

you should distribute these more evenly across the columns to avoid the bowing effect on the shelf

the top shelf appears to be bowing because of how the camera lense works
actual shelves are bowed a little
I need a new book case, this is the stuff thats piling up because I cant fit any more on top

>Orson Welles at Work
>The Cinema of Orson Welles
>Whatever Happened to Orson Welles?
>Discovering Orson Welles

to read pile
fuck you

>the crimes of patriots
>veil
>out of control
>dirty wars
>legacy of ashes
>the politics of heroin
>killing hope
>noam chomsky
>bad samaritans
>kill chain
>
>the assassination complex
>blowback
>we kill because we can

Get a load of this dirty liberal and his hate for America

what the fuck are you talking about? How do you read that it fucks up the pages?

The back rows are Warhammer 40k novels, One Punch Man, and the rest of Monster Musume

kys

How long will it take for me before I can finally integrate into the Veeky Forums /lit community? Will I have to finish reading the top 100 list? What do I have to do? Pls desu.

I am alone, I long for love but am unable to love carelessly. The misfortune of my first love left me broken and heaved me into a world where the perfect first love is now yonder. Do you see my torment now, my agony to life itself? I have been given a chance at the first love but now, I am incorrigible. In my teens, though a nineteen I still am, I found a sanctuary for my pursuits. One was music and has lead me into a life of never ending work; the life of a musician, a composer. I wouldnt say I am an artist yet but through the search for inspiration, /lit entered my world. Literature took a place in my world as that significance as a wedding ring on the bride, ofc metaphorically, and metaphorically, I was the gentleman who allowed the ring to bestow my love. You see ladies and gentleman. The bride is my love, my music, The ring is /lit, and the groomsman is me. Within this metaphorical world, I have reached perfection again, I have been given another chance, a chance that does not rely on the other, but on my own. A fair chance as our sweet prince Elliot Rogerwould say it, as a fair world. This is why I need /lit. This is why I must read and indulge myself into the stories left to the world. This is why I live, to reach perfection at a second chance. I laugh as I type this hypocritically, a second perfection? Yes. Now you understand, now you see why I must read. Enjoy your lived gentleman. Z

thanks for making me feel better about myself

if there's two bookshelf threads, Why can't I post in both of them?
develop your own taste, dipshit

>a nineteen I still am
>ofc metaphorically, and metaphorically
>The bride is my love, my music, The ring is /lit, and the groomsman is me
>our sweet prince Elliot Roger

thanks for the new pasta i guess

>Enjoy your lived gentleman. Z

so does this mean you are leaving Veeky Forums now? awesome.

Dude. Just read what interests you and stop trying to impress strangers on the internet. Youre making a fool of yourself. Do you even enjoy reading or just the image? Have you actually read anything in your OP post? And was that paragraph a joke or are you some r9k autist? Just read a book that you like.

The books I read in my list is
Frankenstein
War of worlds
Atlas Shrugged
Brave New world
Stoner
the two deathnote novels
Republic

Currently reading moby dick. Its not about what I like or dont like yet. I dont wanna just pick up a book and see 50 pgs and be like "oh well i dont like it im gonna put it down". I want to see what about the books make them so "great" I want to understand literature, I want a great book to plant a great seed in me, a great idea to help me live the life i want to live and write the music that I deem worthy.

> I want a great book to plant a great seed in me, a great seed that will burst itself inside me and will fill me up to my limit with the wonders of the world

>I want a great book to plant a great seed in me, a
instead of trying to find a book that does that, try a man

I will continue to lurk and when my moment comes, I will shine. Ofc I plan to improve my collection so far and shitpost again. Remember me gentleman, I shan't be gone.

Z

i'll be sure to filter your name and will encourage everyone else to do so as well. shine on!

Never gonna make it.

Why post a picture of a bunch of books you havent read yet? And if you're reading something that you don't understand or enjoy, how are you going to gain anything from it? Kant's Critique of Pure Reason isnt going to "plant a great seed in you" if you dont have the educational basis to make sense of it. Same goes for many other books you have. I just feel you're not being truthful at all with an anonymous image board, so I find it hard to believe you're truthful with those close to you, or even yourself. Like, what are you trying to prove with this childish purple way in which you write your posts? What were you trying to prove with this thread?

Have we found the Wolfeposter?

The I want to be smart but i'm not quite smart at all and really I don't have a clue what i'm doing reading philosophy that's miles ahead of what I can truly understand and going out of order while grabbing all the penguins off the front shelf of barnes and nobles that i can.

You're a literal meme, one of the few things worse then seeing people with just Veeky Forums memes like IJ and pynchon on the shelves are those who buy philosophy out of order.

Literal kekolds.

Are you missing what we're saying? Why buy more books to add to your pseud collection of shit you havent read? To what end, posturing fuck.

what do yall think of my book?

amazon.com/Enlarge-Your-Penis-Naturally-Stretcher/dp/1523468688

Thank you anons, today I have learned of my lies to myself. I must no longer be untruthful to myself. I finally understand. I will take voluntary tempory suspension from Veeky Forums and /lit, but mark my name, for I will return as a supreme*er* gentleman. Lets grow up and learn together again once I return from my haitus. So long Gentleman, its been a fun ride so far. Allow me to join you again once I deem myself worthy.

Z

This

Don't come back.

never forget the first and only time Veeky Forums successfully convinced a /robot/ to leave

>an SAT score raising classic

this is bait right? I mean no one is actually this autistic?

so? Whatever DID happen to him?

stopped posting on Veeky Forums thankfully

>kim gordon autobiography
ayy lmao essential cuck-core

I love Edgar A. Poe's tales.

try formulating a sentence without using 4chanspeak

Kim Gordon is a ridiculous person, her book is arguably of even less substance than her actual personal life and buying it is a sign of weakness.

what he says its true though

sorry about the wonky image. cramped shelving area + poor lighting means i'll probably never do this again.

how memed am I?

How is 7 habits? Is it legit or just meme shit?

she was the bass player in the pixies and as hot as fuck
your argument is invalid

what, do you have all of What Did You Eat Yesterday?

i love you user. not in the mingle our books, madly in love and destined to fail way, but in the deep abiding sense of agape that reminds me of my own humanity.

>Gravity's Rainbow
>Inf Jest
He's only missing Ulysses

kek

kim deal is way cooler than kim gordon

meme shit

Where the fuck can I get a little red book?

>bookshelve
>bookshelve

so he's missing the only good one lol

>Boarder Trilogy is out of order

Come on, user. What are you doing?