Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums,
I have a requset:
My society has a growing religious group, that is kept away from secular knowledge and education, in order to keep them docile and obedient. Thus, robbing them of choice, enlightenment and productivity.
I want to print out leaflets and fliers to hand out and distribute to those communities.
These leaflets will contain fascinating scientific facts, insights and anecdotes, with references for further reading.
these facts should cover biology, physics,chemistry and math.
Preferably, this knowledge should not be merely anecdotal, but helpful and applicative as well.
This board holds many science enthusiasts from various fields of study.
Could you perhaps help me to fight these forces of darkness and suggest entries for this list?
Thanks!

So you literally want to take their religion away from them?

You should get out of that shit hole.
I'm from latin America and we have a lot of people like that.

I want to introduce them to what their leaders are robbing from them, in order to retain power.
I want to stop my society from regressing.
It's not forcing people to abandon religion, it's to offer people a choice.

Guys, please, I don't want this to become a debate.

The best route is to free them of their religion. Most of these people are unaware of other religions. If you put out pamphlets for other religious groups, they will come to understand that their religion is just one of many, and is not special enough to have such a hold on their lives.

>that is kept away from secular knowledge and education
What do you mean by that?
What about school?

This is an idea I contemplated, but I think it's too dangerous, because it'll make me a missionary. Science is a grey area and a risk I'm willing to take, for now.

schools don't really teach them.They are led by the same people, who don't have any interest in educating the students.

>My society has a growing religious group,

That's good.

>that is kept away from secular knowledge and education, in order to keep them docile and obedient

That's a cult, not a religion.

>These leaflets will contain fascinating scientific facts, insights and anecdotes, with references for further reading.

That's autistic.

>Could you perhaps help me to fight these forces of darkness

Look up their cult and debunk it. Mainstream religious websites usually have good "answering xxx" tracts to use for that.

>it's to offer people a choice

They already have a choice if they're converting. Give them full disclosure on the cult instead.

That's just plain stupid. Just because there are more than one option doesn't mean all options are wrong.

>That's good.

Nothing wrong with something that brings people together and maybe does some community service.

Fine, I'll try my luck elsewhere

Well at least tell us what cult it was and where

What religion are we talking about?

You're deluded if you think you can convert religious people with scientific fun fact leaflets or "references" for further reading. People pick to believe in something because it is easy, convenient, justification for their actions and gives them existential belonging. If you think they will throw all that away due to a bunch of leaflets with information they can never hope to understand, then take your pills.

This is the only somewhat realistic choice that doesn't require you to waste much time. Discrediting their faith by showing how not special it is.

Sure, you can go to Reddit or watch some Popsci videos with science facts, but if you want the harsh truth, you can't do jack shit, and that's about it.

>cult
>trying to distance religion from all the horrible things it can bring out on the average person, like the discouragement from seeking complicated scientific explanations instead of the convenient God explanation
kill yourself creationtard

New atheism.

liberal statism

>People pick to believe in something because it is easy, convenient, justification for their actions and gives them existential belonging

Muh strawman

>they can never hope to understand

Muh enlightenment

>creationtard

Muh projection

>you can go to Reddit or watch some Popsci videos

You must be over the age of 18 to post here kiddo

>literally butthurt: the post
I understand that I struck close to home, but at least try to understand when citing fallacies and constantly spouting memes is appropriate when responding. Posting fedora memes in response to every post that even slightly bashes some aspects of religion does not an argument make, nor does it make you look cool on 4chin.

I don't even hate religious people or some of the effects religion can have on a population. But pretending that religion is all good and enlightening because of some important scientist that was also religious in 1800, and everything bad about the things it can bring out in people is le ebul cult is ridiculous and worthy of mocking, which leads me to the conclusion: kill yourself creationtard

OP that is a pretty noble and worthy cause. I can't imagine why some people here should think it pointless to spread scientific knowledge, especially to those who would otherwise not have access to it, and even more important that they are being deluded by religious thinking.

You will be most successful if you replicate the same feeling of awe and wonder which led them to religious belief in the first place. Perhaps facts on the scale of the Universe, with cool diagrams to drive the point home.

depending on their faith and level of education show them this topics (descending awe-factor):

Fibonacci
Acoustic Levitation
Cymatics
GAGUT
Bahai Faith
Vortex Math
Cellular Automata
Ternary Logic

religion was the first attempt to describe nature, now that we have so many languages the truth became hard to find, yet it has to exist.

>tl;dr Im from US