Isn't it weird how many people don't get just how weird it actually is to exist? I mean the odds are so ridiculous...

Isn't it weird how many people don't get just how weird it actually is to exist? I mean the odds are so ridiculous, it's amazing how unconscious most people are, worrying about trivial shit 24/7

sry that I ENJOY LIFE rather be a no life reading all these geek shit XD

Amazing insights OP

DUDE WEED LMAO

You are right. But also, it doesn't matter.
Smoke some more DMT, son.

>I mean the odds are so ridiculous
You mean those odds you just rolled up and smoked? Yeah, they are pretty ridiculous.
If it happened, then it was the most probable outcome given the circumstances.

You are only going to be conscious in a universe that allows for consciousness. It's not that bizzare. I was bound to exist; I always have, I just can't remember it.

I dunno I go back and fourth. Sure it's incredible to exist and all the factors that lead up to it but I don't really believe there was ever a possibility of life not existing in this universe.

IMO
The circumstances for life are very specific and slight changes to environment can end it, but operations in the human body also require very specific conditions to operate and here are billions of us with only a small percentage requiring medication to live.

So maybe even though the circumstances are specific for life to thrive it was something that the universe was stacked for from the beginning. Maybe life is more likely to happen than not and the freak thing is evolving to the heady creatures we are today. /schizophrenia

No what's more weird is the idea or instinct that Nothing "should" exist, that the only rational universe is a void - when obviously the only rational universe is the one we are in.

I agree but you have to be tripping to realize this fully

something about the way our brains evolved (in order to survive) force us to filter out these kinds of thoughts

That's not how probability works m8

I'm about to be taught probability by a Veeky Forumsentist?

I'm sure their insight will be enlightening.

>b-but the odds
the odds don't come into it at all.
regardless of how unlikely it is, you exist in a universe that allows it only because you couldn't in one that wouldn't.
From the perspective of the observes, the odds are 100% that they exist, and that's what it will always be.

Shut up he is right

Compelling argument. I bet you believe in the axiom of choice, objective randomness, and that current models of physics completely and exactly describe all interactions at all levels.

buh im so blazed baked RN! like y am i evn typicng this message, is dis god?

The stupidity in this thread is immense.

It's "Mt. Stupid: The Thread".

As long as you get it out and come out less shallow, I suppose. You especially OP. Posting this shit.

The only reason it is weird to think of the improbability of life is that you have confused the rhetoric of statistical inference with the world.

The world is. You can only know the world through your narrative, and you can only know your narrative thorough your narrative. SO you have taken one of the tools you use to convince you inferential brain of the consistency of the narrative - purpose, cause and effect, or statistical inference - and you have applied it to the narrative of the narrative or the meta-narrative.

This is just as stupid as asking what is the purpose of life or what caused life. There are no answers because the questions are only asked because that is how you tell a story about the world.

The world is; You tell a story of the world. It either is useful to be believed or it is not.

In the end the world is going to be what it is and you are going to have a story. So why are you weirded out by something being what it is?

>If it happened, then it was the most probable outcome given the circumstances.
Veeky Forums

Go back reading whatever online cartoon for children mongoloid

damn youre so enlightened bro i wish i could be like you

What.

It's possible to live in 24/7 naked awareness of reality. But most people would be traumatised by 5 seconds of it. There are powerful psychological mechanisms to protect the mind.

It's a shame virtually nobody is willing to risk their sanity. Science is a lot easier when consciousness is free of delusion.

It's 50/50, it either happened or it didn't.

>It's possible to live in 24/7 naked awareness of reality. But most people would be traumatised by 5 seconds of it.
Especially if your mother is in the colony.

Whoa, dude. Like, whoa.

questioning ones consciousness is very trivial imho

also sage

I have this same thought everyday. Life is really strange and only gets weirder the deeper you go. From quantum levels to the biggest celestial objects. It's comforting and discomforting at the same time.

>Life has no meaning :D
>life has no meaning D:

The odds of existing for each of us are precisely 1, because we do

This is why psychedelics shouldn't be done by less intelligent people.

ITT: people hit at low-hanging fruit with easy maymays

>I mean the odds are so ridiculous
How do you know? What was your method of calculating those odds?

There are two possibilities:

we exist
we don't exist

Therefore the probability of existing is 50%. That's pretty ridiculous given how certain people are that they exist.

I think some people in this thread are oversimplifying. Usually when people talk about crazy odds of existence they're not just talking about existing, but existing exactly as the person they are now. They're talking about the chances of the exact chain of events leading to the person they know of themselves existing first occurring and second occurring in the precise order they did.

That exact chain can either happen or not, so the probability is still 50%.

The probability is 100% for the exact you to happen, since it already happened.

Probability is a subjective quantity. See for example the Monty Hall paradox.

Maybe it didn't.

It sure did, otherwise you wouldn't be able to be here, and bait people.

You're arguing my existence based on my existence. That's circular.

Drop your pretentious attitude.

Think of it this way. What are the odds that we live exactly in a universe that supports life? The odds are 100%, cause if there was a universe that didn't support life, then there would be no life there to ask these questions. Ask yourself, what are the odds of you existing? The answer is 100%, because if you didn't exists, you wouldn't be able to ask that question.

>Think of it this way. What are the odds that we live exactly in a universe that supports life?
50%. You are making the gambler's fallacy.

As soon as you drop you stupidity.

The world is deterministic, anything that happens had a 100% chance of happening

>you stupidity
Guess I should be the first to start lololololol

Don't see how that's gambler's fallacy. I'm not predicting that the next 10 universe that pop up will have a 100% chance of not having life if this universe does. The fact of the matter is, this universe exists. It supports life. Therefore we can question how it supports life. If a universe that doesn't support life exist, there would be no life there to question how it doesn't support life.

>The fact of the matter is, this universe exists. It supports life.
Do you have evidence for this """fact"""?

Ask your parents.

>implying I have parents

But, Luke, I am your father.

*No, I am your father.