What are the most powerful chemicals for getting rid of spots/pimples?

What are the most powerful chemicals for getting rid of spots/pimples?

no memes please

Hydrochloric acid, it's natural too!

Most powerful would be tretinoin, which is basically topical Accutane. For something you can get without a prescription, I'd suggest AHA (alphahydroxy acid, which is a chemical exfoliant).

The best thing you can do is to prevent them in the first place. First, you want an oil cleanser. You can buy these, but it's cheaper to make them yourself with some oil (pretty much anything works - olive and coconut are good choices) and an emulsifier like polysorbate 80. This is good for getting off all the excess sebum that's accumulated over the day from your pores and face. After that you want a pH neutral cleanser to get off the excess oil - lots of face washes are basic which is harsh on your face and messes with the surface bacteria that you actually want there.

Other than that, you should moisturize and wear SPF daily. If your skin is dry or damaged, it'll overproduce sebum, and when sebum clogs your pores, anaerobic bacteria multiplies and that's what causes common acne.

Bless, t. skincare nerd.

Not eating dairy or excessive sweeteners.
Change your pillow case nightly, or sleep on a towel.
Stop using soap on your face, shampoo as well. Only use warm water and lightly wash with a washcloth.

Acne = gone. You're a machine man, this stuff ain't arcane magic. Accutane is also terrible from what I've heard and read, never should you have to resort to that. There is always a more fundamental problem to be solved.

Most of this isn't good advice. Diet has little proven relationship to sebum production or surface microflora, and while physical exfoliation is good to so (e.g. rubbing face down with warm washcloth), just never using soap ever isn't a good solution. Sleeping on clean sheets is a good idea, though, also drink lots of water.

Worked on my machine. :^)

I'm also near certain I read a large bulk of literature plotting out, mechanically, the relationship between human dairy consumption, blood sugar spikes, and the creation of conditions where acne thrives. I don't feel like seeking it out, so anyone who cares to judge my suggestions will have to do so on their own.

Water

(Also, the metabolic byproducts or fructolysis)

If you legitimately have read literature on this then I'd love to see it for myself, but just because a minimalist routine worked well for you doesn't mean it works well for everyone nor that it works best. You probably mostly helped yourself by cutting out cheap, harsh basic soaps, but you can replace those with pH neutral/mildly acidic soaps to very good effect.

I kind of half died. There were many changes and a lot of variables to control for.

From a strictly mechanistic standpoint, what I'm suggesting makes sense considering overall body of information available. And I've yet to have acne again beyond a zit on my back or something. Identifying underlying features leading to certain outcomes, and why the specific cluster of changes I suggested would work in a given case, would be interesting. But it won't be me doing it.

If you're interested you should probably look for what I mentioned. I just knew -a- thing that worked, and suggested it to OP.

Don't fall for the accutane boogeyman. Easily among top 5 decisions of my life, I still do 20mg a month to keep my skin clear, no sides except for dry lips and skin.

Even top OTC stuff doesn't do much, but benzoyl peroxide is a classic.

thermite

Epiduo cured my acne.

None of this really worked for me, maybe a reduction in acne at best.

Now on Epiduo I can do whatever I like and get none.

>oil cleanser
Why would putting more oil on your skin prevent acne? I thought acne was from bacteria multiplying cos of the oil (food for the bacteria) your skin produces? Like trying to wash grease off a car with more grease?

not him, but the best solvents for oil are oil

Yeah but oil is also the food for bacteria. That is my point. Wouldn't it be better to use a solvent for oil that is not food for bacteria?

What you want to do is get a swab of someone's face who has no pimples, culture the bacteria on the swab, sterilize your face, and rub with whatever the fuck grows from the swab around your face. Repeat as necessary.

>What are the most powerful chemicals for getting rid of spots/pimples?
Don't antibiotics work pretty well?

>Acidity
>The superficial layers of the skin are naturally acidic (pH 4-4.5) due to lactic acid in sweat and produced by skin bacteria.[28] At this pH mutualistic flora such as Staphylococci, Micrococci, Corynebacterium and Propionibacteria grow but not transient bacteria such as Gram negative bacteria like Escherichia and Pseudomonas or Gram positive ones such as Staphylococcus aureus.[28] Another factor affecting the growth of pathological bacteria is that the antimicrobial substances secreted by the skin are enhanced in acidic conditions.[28] In alkaline conditions, bacteria cease to be attached to the skin and are more readily shed. It has been observed that the skin also swells under alkaline conditions and opens up allowing move to the surface.
So apparently skin being a mildly acidic environment helps control bacteria. Perhaps alkaline exposure on the skin presents an opportunity for less-than-desirables to colonize it.

HF should do the trick.

I cant remember how i came up with this but i experimented with this on my own and it worked for me.

When i was in puberty i used a few drops of 70% alcohol on cotton ball and rubbed my face with it. Treated it like that 4-5 nights before sleep every few months.
My high school years went with clean face.

Also, when i eat a lot of chocolate i get zits on my back. They withdraw on their own after 7-10 days.

Wait 4 more years when you are 18 and out of puberty.

The problem of facial skin care is farrrr more difficult than you're making it seem. The problem is a majority of people can google "how to fix acne" and stumble upon the steps you just listed, and A lot of the time these remedies work. For a smaller percent of people acne just fucks them and you have to take more extreme measures, accutane is definitely required in many cases.

user, please. It's not often I say this, but cut me some slack here. I'm operating strictly on a high level and conveying a very narrow logical framework that doesn't pretend to be anything else.

I'm not here like:
Alright user, here's a mechanistic breakdown of the full spectrum of factors relating to acne. Worry not for edge cases, worry not for anything, because it's all here! From this data you can determine the resulting state of any given starting starting state and subsequent inputs! The universe is a machine, and for the typical human machine, I've got this one 100% solved!

It's just a Veeky Forums post, man. I'm sorry if I put a slant like it was more than it ever was, I didn't intend to.

He has a valid point though. Change your pillow case, seriously? Sounds like you just spouted a bunch of oft-repeated memes that anyone with acne would have already tried.

I had fairly bad, but not terrible or cystic acne as a teenager. Tried benzoyl peroxide, switching soaps, etc. Did not work. The ultimate lasting solution was alteration in diet, and no longer using anything altering skin pH, not touching face, etc. Developed trigeminal neuralgia anyway, so that wasn't too hard.

I admit, the pillowcase aspect is probably functionally trivial, but could help. Dairy is a good heuristic without delving into the depths of how diet can affect hormonal / neurological function in a given individual.

It was a lazy answer and I'm a shithead. Sorry for existing to generate such a shallow post at this given point in time.

Mm. Well my own guess is that acne and probably other skin conditions are more or less caused by the skin flora getting out of whack and undesirable species/strains being out of control, so it's conceivable that different things would help different people as the cause for said 'imbalance' would likely vary person-to-person.

I have SIBO and severe food allergies, and likely did to some degree then as well. It makes sense that not having bacteria pumping out toxic metabolic byproducts, and not having chronically elevated histamine, would help in my case. I also don't think my case is actually all that uncommon, I was just "lucky" enough that I suffered a failure extreme enough to actually unravel and address core issues I'd had my entire fucked up life.

Suddenly my severe depression became manageable as well, my panic attacks and anxiety receded, and my episodes of mixed states / hypomania became less unmanageable given that triggers had already been identified. The underlying basis of this is fairly clear given what's known about BBB permeability, histamine as a modulatory neurotransmitter, and components of the immune system's effect of broader CNS function/

Anyway. I'm just some know nothing fuckhead that hasn't seen shit and doesn't have a drip of meaningful insight about anything, ever. Ignore my nonsense.

>Anyway. I'm just some know nothing fuckhead that hasn't seen shit and doesn't have a drip of meaningful insight about anything, ever. Ignore my nonsense.
I'm glad to see your psychological condition has mended,

>I'm glad to see your psychological condition has mended,
I'm just really tired and drunk on kava. It's a fatalistic admission of the nature of things, I'm a fool that wastes their energy trying to give advice that will either be ignored or meet heavy resistance / ridicule.

I want you to understand very clearly that this is par for the course. You should ignore my posts, it is what must happen. Short of deleting them, this is the best I can do for me and probably you too. Not like anyone really picks through things and selectively harvests useful elements while integrating them into their framework of knowledge as a whole. Feels like it can only be clutter.

Different things work for different people - it really depends on your specific issue, so I suggest trying different things for a month or so until you figure out what the problem is. I have a friend who stopped eating butter, and that helped her. My sister uses an acidic face wash. I use a lye-based soap.

Depression and stress can be a factor. So can lack of sleep. Seriously - try some of the things people are suggesting and don't be afraid to experiment.

>try some of the things people are suggesting and don't be afraid to experiment.
I also think it's worth trying to make it worse, to see what you absolutely should avoid. Try getting 4 hrs sleep a night, drinking shitloads of dairy, rubbing your face with the oil left in the pan after cooking bacon, whatever.

FSO3H·SbF5, it works wonders!

Accutane

Use "cetaphil gentle skin cleanser" to wash with.
Clean t-shirt over your pillow every night.
DON'T touch them or pick them, they will scar way worse.
Cut the shit from your diet and no energy drinks.

Aside from that, the rest is genetics and you can't do much to fix that.

how do you use epiduo? I have some but it just seems to make it worse or burns my skin

Why do I get so many zits on my ballsack?
Many as in a few but still enough to detect when scratching.
Better not be cancer in bloom.

BP
acne.org
it really works
dry skin though, so moisturize

this

I'm 19 and its awful :( accutane failed, tretinoin failed do i kill self or use 50 grit sand paper?

I just put on a thin layer like a moisturiser every night after I wash my face with a salicylic acid face wash. Then I wait 10 minutes and apply a light oil free moisturiser.

Maybe you're using too much, it never really burned my face but it did make it itchy for a couple of weeks. Maybe try every other day at first.

THC cuz

>mfw just noticed ive been intentently reading nerds discuss their acne problems and,solutions and getting mad at each other during said discussion