Why do plebs compare this to /r9k/...

Why do plebs compare this to /r9k/? Nowhere in this book is there any rant against women or any griping about not having a girlfriend. Look at /r9k/, see the threads that are up: they're nothing like this book.

The only passing resemblance is in the narrator's distaste of "normies", and the reason he hates them is for something completely different: because he feels they take everything for granted and don't take anything in life as a choice, but as a given.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9Ismh1elM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think the book is mainly about humans having no free will while they believe they do and basically everything builds up on this believe on free will.

I don't think it's /r9k/ either but that whore got the verbal btfo of a century.

DOSTOEVSKY'D

The protagonist's idea of being a badass is brushing shoulders with his boss.

He's a bitch and it's /r9k/ as fuck.

It's about the exact opposite, actually. No surprise since Dostoevsky's Christian greatly influenced his writing.

That's about him feeling tenderly toward her

The protagonist suffers immensely from indecision, but so does Hamlet (and Hamlet actually rants against women being whores), that doesn't make Hamlet /r9k/

Maybe it's not literally /r9k/ but it is a more mature man with a more developed mindset which nonetheless has complexes in which we can see a seed of /r9k/. Nothing entirely wrong with that.

Constantine, is it true that you're a transvestite?

how did you find orthodoxy?

We do not act as he does really, but personally I can say that I related to the beginning of the second part of the book more deeply than I have to anything. I am almost certain that Dostoevsky had experienced that to some extent to be able to pin it down so well. He isn't a robot, but he is the type of person who would be a robot if only he was more pathetic when talking.

Know how I know you don't understand /r9k/, or this book?

He has tender feelings for her which he rescinds, unrescinds, and rescinds again like everything else he does but it seems to me he intended it as aggressive.

No need to go to such lengths to defend a work of art from /r9k/ accusations from people who don't matter.

Veeky Forums users are a limited frame of reference. The vast majority of people who crawl this site never have nor would ever in a million years dream of behaving the way he did.

Well the protagonist isn't a man of action and that's sort of his calling card. I actually have experiences very close to his under my belt, especially the dinner scene.

/r9k/ might share a common seed with the Underground Man, but the Underground Man is far and away beyond and thing that could grow into that, /r9k/ isn't some sort of heightened consciousness that the protagonist is plagued with, they aren't any brighter than anyone else, they're the poor man's Eliot Rodger.

Hell no

Reading

It's literally /r9k/ the book

>Well the protagonist isn't a man of action and that's sort of his calling card.
Same could be said of Hamlet

>mfw literally the opposite of this
youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9Ismh1elM

Making a fool of yourself is one thing but the protagonist is a special kind of sad sack. He got himself invited to a dinner neither he nor anyone else wanted him to attend and went out of his way to make an ass of himself and be humiliated.

That's not Veeky Forums meme abnormal. That's legitimately having issues.

The protagonist knows he has issues and wants to have them. He is repulsed by the idea of being a utilitarian-hedonist "piano key".

It's about a man's nihilism leading him to a state of utter spiritual destitution, the point being there is no way to intellectualize salvation. I've met a few robots that aren't completely unlike that, but most of the people there are just the haughty, petulant counterpart to the culture they profess to hate. That was a while ago. I kind of doubt I can find anyone like that in >2016 /r9k/.

Not really. He's just blowing himself out, though he doesn't realize it at this point in the story.

>especially the dinner scene

Kek.

He's a response the novel What Is To Be Done? (which challenges the man living in the "underground hole"). Thus, he's a dark equivalent to the imaginary number of the novel We

I think it's more that robots feel connected to the character, rather than others thinking the character is like robots. Robots are delusional and are looking for any role model to legitimize their whining.

Compare it to how robots also think they're like Rust Cohle from True Detective. He's angsty and alone? "Wow, I'm totally like him", thinks the autists.
Or how robots think they're a Byronic hero. Or Don Draper. Or whatever.

/r9k/ is really just a bunch of "normies" who just want to fit in and have a girlfriend.

the underground man meanwhile consciously rejects it all. it makes him pathetic, but like that example with the toothache he brought up, he enjoys justifying his own position.