Any good vaporwave novels yet, or am I going to have to write it?

Any good vaporwave novels yet, or am I going to have to write it?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/8178582#p8178644
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>vaporwave
>good

Pretty much this.

cyberpunk t b h

what the fuck are you going to do? chop up and rearrange a William Gibson novel?

Fancy yourself a cyberpunk ?

>Are dubs what you came for ?

warosu.org/lit/thread/8178582#p8178644

vaporwave just cares about aesthetics now. the theoretical dimension in its early days was ignored by the plebs just keen to feel like they belonged to the internet

what is its "theoretical dimension"

postmodern retrofuturist cyberpunk, more like

The Windows 95 instruction manual is the best one.

vaporwave was originally satirical/ironic and anti-capitalist.
now it's just chill out music

>anti-capitalism
wow man that's so fucking deep, like my middle school punk phase

the same strategies of appropriation that have existed in the art world for decades. chopping up and rearranging a william gibson novel would resonate more with the artistic concerns of the 80s than with vaporwave. it's kind of a shame even though i've never liked the genre

>not making William Gibson a character
novelize wild palms using the actors names for their characters outside dialogue before tao does

i wasn't defending it, i was just explaining the genre's political claims.

There was one big essay about how vaporwave was the manifestation in music of accelerationism (using all fuels and resources as quickly as possible to bring about the natural decline of capitalism). But most vaporwave at that time was all made by Vektroid (except for James Ferraro, who I think doesn't really think himself part of any genre "movement") and so I think it's just one person's opinion on the works of another.

But I appreciate the cultural value of vaporwave anyway.

slowed down 80s music does not have political claims

using intellectual property without permission does. on the other hand the sampled music tends to be japanese or african-american so it reads as a racial attack rather than a political one

>accelerationism
>using all fuels and resources as quickly as possible to bring about the natural decline of capitalism
that's not what accelerationism is

it's 2016, not 2012, why are we still talking about vaporwave.

dude, I could've said anything about accelerationism and you, the grand master, would've probably called it wrong.

so if it's wrong, why don't you just tell me what accelerationism is?

normies are actually this late

C
O
M
E

to accelerate capitalism to bring about communism, but not by "using resources" rofl. That's not how resources and prices work

>to accelerate capitalism to bring about communism

I disagree. What have you read that gives the idea that the end of accelerationism is "communism"? I've never heard of that. I've only heard it is an extreme advancement of capitalism. But if you could provide me with your source for that communism part, I'd be open to listening to you.

>That's not how resources and prices work

I understand I oversimplified things in what I said, but what do you mean by this?

It's actually about Difference and Repetition

marx was the first to express accelerationism in political economy, you're just an uneducated pleb

not who youre responding to btw

I apologize, I only started Capital and never got past the first ~200 pages. Got tired of coats and corn. Where in his works does he discuss accelerationism? I'd like to become educated so I'm not a "pleb".

: - )

in a rather inconsequential text of his, think it's a transcribed speech, but apart from that accelerationism is an obvious (and controversial) continuation of marxist theory

look it up on wikipedia if you want the title of the thing, there's no need to memorize it

>in a rather inconsequential text of his, think it's a transcribed speech
At first I was thinking that you were just blowing smoke, but then I saw

>look it up on wikipedia
and I just had to laugh.
Someone who gets their philosophic data from WIKIPEDIA had the gall to call ME a pleb!

Oh my God, I just looked up accelerationism on wikipedia and EVERYTHING you two were talking about was lifted straight from the page! Holy shit! Do either of you EVER consider doing your own thinking or finding primary sources? Seriously, that's fucking pathetic guys. You belong over on Veeky Forums or /tv/ or something.

>your comment
>meaningful in any way

>criticizing mass-manufactured garbage pop music isn't allowed if the record companies decide to make their figurehead "artist" a minority
fuck off

Cyberpunk often gets compared to genres like Industrial (grimdark dystopia) or Vaporwave (shopping mall flavored dystopia), or even Synthpop subgenres like Futurepop (look at muh goggles and vinyl underwear).

In reality, Cyberpunk is more of a pessimistic version of Eurodance/Euro rave. Notice how all the classic European dancefloor hits from 20 years ago are about coming together, the world being a more unified place, talk about and use eclectic visual and auditory influences from all over the world. Well, cyberpunk literature also has a ton of influences and talks about the world coming together, but holds up a funhouse mirror to the idea, usually with a negative reflection.

>In reality, Cyberpunk is more of a pessimistic version of Eurodance/Euro rave. Notice how all the classic European dancefloor hits from 20 years ago are about coming together,
wtf even on shittonnes of ecstasy happy mondays are not happy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcn4UG6Jd0s

Anti-Oedipus is literary vaporwave. Chops up classics and garbage, runs the select bits and pieces through the same handful of filters, and spits out a hazy, incomprehensible mess which nevertheless seems the perfect allegory for capitalism-as-lived.

>art
>good
kek art is for fags #praisebrodin

I'm still working on mine. it is literally a guide on ferns and office furniture and depression

>isn't allowed

what? can you read?

>"After Dark" - Haruki Murakami

The only and therefore, best answer.

made me kek

actually knowing vaporwave artists IRL, i can tell you most of them disagree with this notion and think its fucking stupid

>vaporwave was originally satirical/ironic and anti-capitalist.
eeeeeeh, i've listened since the start and i think thats always been a stretch. I've never seen it as a critique, if anything is a nostalgic embrace for a time when digital technologies were still new and genuinely awe inspiring.

Calling something racist is the leftist way to say it violates the groupthink and must be abolished.