Is there a cure for schizophrenia?

Can I recover completely on just a vegan diet? I've had to leave school three times because of it.

Cure? Nope. But there is treatment and medication which doesn almost the same. Definetly see a psychiatrist if it interferes with your everyday life.

What does therapy help with? I've gone to it before but haven't done so ever with true sincerity as in wanting to do so on my own.

bump

Therapy as in getting anti psychotics.

Schizophrenia scares the hell outta me. In my psychology class I took in high school the teacher described it as being in a constant dream world where nothing makes sense. Scary stuff.

Veganism ain't doing shit for your psychosis.

Antipsychotics are shit (enjoy your type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease) and have remained stagnant in terms of development for the last two decades. Psychiatrists push them still because they have no other option, and drug companies continue to widen the umbrella under which conditions can be treated with antipsychs (it used to be that you would NEVER give an antipsychotic to anyone who wasn't psychotic - bipolar type 1, schizoaffective, or schizophrenic. Now it's antipsychotics for teenagers, antipsychotics for depressives, antipsychotics for autists and antipsychotics for anxiety. Anxiety! We have no idea what the long-term effects will be for these patients).

Schizophrenics are the modern lepers of society. Nobody gives a shit about them, nobody bothers trying to put money and effort into treating them effectively, and they end up clogging up the streets and the prison system as a result. Recovery rates (yes recovery is possible and happens, contrary to what the paid off media wants you to swallow that schizophrenia is a dementia) from schizophrenia have actually decreased over the past 50 years.

Sorry for the harshness OP, but it's the reality as much as I want to bite back my words. Modern psychiatry is a joke.

Bump

>Nobody gives a shit about them
but i guess you do?

The cure for all of these illnesses is LSD, btw.

>implying you're not already in a dream world where nothing makes sense

Introspection and retraining your thought patterns. How you frame things, how you connect things. Scizophrenia
(ignoring childhood trauma and cultural contradiction) is just an inability to handle awareness.

Just ask yourself questions, repeatedly. Build a framework of knowledge and accept that none of it an be known for certain. Every time you think something, ask yourself, how likely is it really? Possible does not mean likely. Seeing weird shit, like floating marquees around people that are giving you instructions? Recognize they aren't real, and are a product of the machinery of your mind. Hearing things? That's a bit more difficult, you cannot know whether this person actually said it or not, nor if they're an imposter.

If you're just starting to go "crazy", now is the time to be asking yourself these questions and trying to build these mental structures. Even if you feel scrambled and addled, you have to try. Don't waste your time fumbling around with medication under the delusion you can go back to the life you were living as the person you were. That's over. And it obviously wasn't working anyway.

Also, look for hard mechanical causes. Sleep deprivation, thyroid problems, bad diet. Etc. Don't listen to people saying there's no cure, fix, or counterbalance for schzizophrenia. They don't know shit. A statement like that is epistemological trash.

>Can I recover completely on just a vegan diet?

no

>delusion you can go back to the life you were living as the person you were. That's over

This is so fucking sad

Get a hookworm infection, google it.

Are you REALLY diagnosed with Schizophrenia? Also, what type of schizophrenia as there are several types?

Avoid stressful situations.
Get enough sleep (7-9 hours per day). Maintain good hygiene to avoid getting physically sick, which could then cause stress. No drugs of any kind unless it's medication that you need to keep yourself alive. That means no caffeine (chocolate, coffee, energy drinks, soda, sweets, tea) or smoking.

The only one I agree with here is chocolate. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, which intensifies schizophrenia.

Why wouldn't the others intensify it? They're stimulants that offer a slight dopamine high. It has been hypothesised that schizophrenia (or at least psychosis) is linked to excessive amounts of dopamine.

Or are just defending them because you can't study without the influence of a stimulant?

High dopamine transmission throughout the mesolimbic pathway, and the ancillary effects of that, is part of a greater model of schizophrenia yes. However you cannot just say "ah, it's high dopamine so no dopamine!" and ignore the function of the actual underlying machinery causing that presentation of elevated dopamine. Caffeine and nicotine are widely used by schizophrenics as well, because they reduce symptoms. Whether the basis of that symptom reduction is actually a net positive overall, depends, and I'm apt to say the anxiolytic action of these things overall can be beneficial.

Although it's obviously more complex, for example if someone is used to guzzling down some caffeine to get ready for their daily 9-5, it's part of a ritual that probably contributes to all the structures in their life and psyche fucking them up to begin with. The compounds themselves do not appear to be an inherent core problem.

>Or are just defending them because you can't study without the influence of a stimulant?
Oh, shut up. And get off this board, get some real experiences with real people in the real world. Not everyone is some ditzy college punk. There is a much bigger picture, do not allow consistent exposure to stupidity cause you to become myopic.

>Oh, shut up. And get off this board, get some real experiences with real people in the real world. Not everyone is some ditzy college punk. There is a much bigger picture, do not allow consistent exposure to stupidity cause you to become myopic.
Pierced a vein more so than your syringe, did I?

Be right back, I have to go get some meth. Then I'll be able to handle this exchange. You'll see!

i can understand why you might think that lsd can do something but that drug works completely differently for people that have mental illness like that. This is very bad advice, don't do this.