Who /starting grad school/ in the fall here?

who /starting grad school/ in the fall here?

who /gonna be a scientist/ here?

pic unrelated

Starting third year this fall. Passed candidacy exams at the end of April.

Me. Not excited at all to be honest. I'm staying at my undergrad school because it was my safety. Going to try and reapply after doing a masters.

starting fourth year in the fall. 2-3 years left.

starting... still full of excitement and optimism.

Started last fall. No my experience it's what you make of it. I would recommend befriending other first year grad students since they'll be going through the same thing as you and you'll probably learn more from them than your actual professors

Starting my fourth and last year of dual-enrollment in grad school before I go off to college, majoring in mathematics. Praying to Buddha that college doesn't make me learn Calc I again.

what did he mean by this?

Holy shit wtf

What program keeps you for 7 years? The average graduation time at my uni (a UC research uni) is 5. Above that and they are really trying to shove you out the door

Not sure about what degree I'm getting but finally starting college this semester

Not looking for advice, but I'm interested in physics and I'm generally good with math

Wish me luck

>tfw possibly starting uni at 21 next year

w-were all gonna make it

Starting at University of Minnesota
How do I get into a lab?

Technically Starting my PhD in the fall, but my summer is also full of labwork including 2 conventions in October where I will be delivering talks I need to prepare for.

5-7 at my university, but it really varies with the field.
My program (MD-PhD) is actually 10 years, but includes 4 degrees.

Relax, in my country the average age for starting university is 22-23. For subjects like Medicine where getting in takes a few tries it's 24-25 (and Med school is 7 years - European model).
It really doesn't matter at the end of the day whether you work as a doctor for 35 years or 40 years.

Starting my math PhD. I'm up here at the school now getting ready to take a shot at a couple of quals in August.

get out of this thread undergrads

>4 degrees
>MD
>PhD
I counted 2, what am I missing?

3 years of B.Sc. (regular pre-clinical studies in 6 year program Med schools), while completing the M.Sc. in parallel.
3 years break for PhD
3 years finishing your clinical studies (MD)+finishing up your PhD
1 year of internship

10 years-4 degrees

average graduation time for my program is a little under six years. they REALLY don't want you to go to seven or beyond but it happens.

Do you actually get all 4 degrees or do you just earn the equivalent knowledge of those 4 degrees?

Yup, already got 2 of them (it's a no-thesis M.Sc. for direct to PhD though, so not worth much).

Nice. You'll get a lot of shit to hang on your walls. Which country is this by the way? I've never heard of 10 year programs.

ask professors that look cool to you if they have room for you.

Keep puttin in those lab hours brahs.

We're all gonna become wealthy with awesome jobs to boot.

just hang on to the dream...

Israel, but it's the same for most MD-PhD programs in European countries, Japan etc. (any country using the 6 year model)

>the dream
>$60k postdoc with no teaching responsibilites

>wealthy
i resigned myself to being poor a long time ago

but the freedom being in a lab gives me over my own work? i wouldnt trade that for anything

>starting grad school
>/gonna be a scientist/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes but /gonna be a scientist/ meme is kill

>Starting my fourth and last year of dual-enrollment in grad school before I go off to college
wut?

Do you mean grade school?

I mean grad school. I'm in high school, but I take classes at a local grad school. Nothing much. Just one class per semester. I've done category theory, algebra, algebraic geometry, analysis (not baby analysis as someone referred to it earlier), topology, tensor algebra.