CAN WE MAKE ANOTHER TOP 100 CHART FOR 2016 I'M RUNNING OUT OF BOOKS TO READ

CAN WE MAKE ANOTHER TOP 100 CHART FOR 2016 I'M RUNNING OUT OF BOOKS TO READ

FUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>reading books

yo seriously bump. this time the only votes that count towards new list can be for books not on last year's list. it's time to rebel against reading the same old shit.

The Vegetarian by Han King. G

no you're not

this

WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

100% fresh meemee

These.

why don't we make people put in effort and post their top 10 that are not on the top 100 chart

Woah weird, I was just thinking about making a thread asking when we vote on the 100 chart.

That said, what keeps the chart so pristine? Nothing exceptionally bad shows up on the list aside from the memes we've come to know, and even those are can be debated as being good (even great). What makes it work out?

so how did we do it last time? didn't we have people just shout out names of books? If we did that I'd record them in a pastebin or something

how about we do a top 50, only new material? As far as I'm aware some shit got on the list with only like 2 or 3 votes.

Here's mine:
>The Portrait of a Lady (James)
>The Peloponnesian War (Thucydides)
>Billy Budd (Melville)
>L'Ancien Regime et la Revolution (de Tocqueville)
>Storm of Steel (Junger)
>Considerations sur la France (de Maistre)
>Five Dialogues (Plato)
>Alcools (Apollinaire)
>Mason & Dixon (Pynchon)
>La Princesse de Cleves (La Fayette)

Just started Alvaro Enrigue's Sudden Death, enjoying it so far.

sounds good
how was portrait left out...you lazy sods

i honestly have no idea. desu the old top 100 is kinda whack. hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, 1984, slaughterhouse five, etc...

also I just realized Mason & Dixon is already on the list. I don't really have anything I'd like to replace it with though off the top of my head. Maybe the Scarlet Letter?.

can someone post 2015 chart, I seem to have misplaced it.

i literally haven't read anything that isn't on the meme chart

my progress

I've only read 17 on here, I guess I got some catching up to do.

I'm on 46 but I'm not actually trying to.

>Actually using that list to get your reading recommendations

Its a compilation of others favorite books, and the ones at the bottom have tiny amounts of votes. Do you even think for yourself?

Use the Goodreads recommendation engine, it is quite good.

Fuck off /mu/

>goodreads
>good

>I judge the entire site by user reviews

I read what interests me

Goodreads recommended me so many shitty scandinavian crime authors after I took a liking to Hamsun.

>not reading a friend's favorite book
Some of my favorite books I only read because someone else told me they loved it. Reading other people's favorites is a great way to find good books, especially if they're interested in lit like everyone on this board. Lighten up user

What kind of an autist reads so much that he runs out of books?

Jesus christ. Reading LOTR took me like two months alone.

A lot of the books on the list are regulars in rec and discussion threads, people had already read many of them I suspect

That's not a bad idea actually. Essential Veeky Forumss next top 100. Get some real weirdness. Find those hidden gems.