Doesn't get better than this

doesn't get better than this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/EugeneKhutoryansky
youtu.be/FI2tsnxjyjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's cute

I kind of wonder if you could make a working pump by converting schematics for a switched-mode power supply into water wheels, valves, and membranes.

wow, nice pic, thanks op.

Whats capacity and inductivity?

thanks OP

have my secret favorite science channel in return
youtube.com/user/EugeneKhutoryansky

yeah, I know.
Its the lexi belle of science infographics

I got another one!

Probably one of the better analogies I've seen since it equates Electric Potential to Gravitational Potential.

more like james deen

faglord

No analog for that. There is a hydraulic analog for diodes though.

What is Ampere in here and how this illustrates coulomb in any way?

Oh.... Had to take a second look and it's still just as stupid, but makes sense.

It doesn't put ohms into a mechanical context properly. Resistance is supposed to slow down the current of the whole system, which, in a fluid context, depends on the friction in the walls, the Reynolds number of the flowing fluid, and the specific dimensions being considered. The resulting relationship is not standardized because that would depend on a solution to Navier-Stokes, which we can't just relegate to a rho term because we don't have a solution.

I think it's better represented by a bunch of spheres representing electrons, and bumps in the walls can represent resistance. Bigger bumps means more resistance, and although the relationship would be a bit complicated, it would be markedly less complicated than in a fluid example. More spheres flowing through per second means more current, and a higher drop means greater voltage.

Fuck i completely lost my shti

Why don't companies use joules instead of watt-hours? I spent ages trying to explain the difference between watts and watt hours to someone asking about battery capacities.

How is that vaguely complex? Most capacities are measured in Ah, so Wh is just the nominal voltage times that
value.

Holy shit that's the first time I laughed at rage memes in several years

>no analog for that

barrel with rubber membrane in the middle and a water turbine with a flywheel

You can covert electronic components to their water counterparts youtu.be/FI2tsnxjyjk

Shut the fuck up